Closed Thread
Page 50 of 99 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Tittle - I too had symptoms that changed day to day. Sore breasts one day, then not the next. Vomiting one day, then not the next - then vomiting for a week. I also had a bleed at 6 weeks, but the scan showed that the baby was fine and the bleeding was nowhere our bub. I think Wish's mantra is a good one. Try to think positive, I know it's very hard, but realistically your pregnancy is the shortest bit of this whole process, so try to relax and enjoy it a bit if you can? I know - easier said than done, but you are in good company here with people who understand exactly where you are coming from about being concerned. May this one be the one for you and you hubby. xxxxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi everyone

This thread is moving fast. I've been reading along but have had a super busy couple of weeks and no time to chime in.

@Luca, big congrats. I'm so happy that you've had success. It's nice to see more ladies from the Over 40's thread having some good news!! :-)

@Patsy73, we were told our donor suffered from some depression. The nurse said she was obliged to tell us and get our 'ok' as there have been studies to show it can be genetic. She also explained that she'd had some life circumstances that had probably lead to the episodes. I think if they were really concerned about the depression they would recommend you not to proceed. We went ahead anyway. We felt comfortable that this is something people have in their lives sometimes and our child could just as easily have inherited it from one of us.
    As for Synarel, I used it. Horrible stuff really but I was lucky to not get the headaches. It's just the awful taste! Anyway, my FS encouraged me to use that because it's a known entity. He's seen it work for me in the past and others. Whereas some of the other options were not so common in Australia. Doesn't mean they weren't fine. It was just a risk I guess when I knew Synarel worked for me.

Emski is right that Synarel is super convenient compared to injections.

@laned, when I asked about AMH test for our donor, CFC just arranged it. I didn't need to seek permission from the donor myself? Did CFC ask you to? Very frustrating for you to get no response.

@Seahorse1...good luck for your cycle. It will be interesting to hear what the Durban clinic is like.

@HopeForAll, I just paid via an international transfer from my internet banking. I think the fee was about $20. It's a little annoying because after conversion you find that you haven't paid the exact amount they wanted! But, I just fixed up the balance by credit card when I was there. When I was on COQ10 I think it was 600mg. i don't know about back up donors. We didn't consider that. Wouldn't you have to have two donors stimming at the same time? I'm not sure you could do that?

@KLM0511, good luck for round 2. Not that far away now.

@Tittle - DW- I can definitely say that symptoms come and go. Freaked me out too, and it probably won't stop freaking you, but they definitely go and a few days later will be back with a vengeance!

Hi to anyone I've missed.

AFM, 14w4d today. Nausea has gone and been immediately replaced by indigestion. Belly has popped so fortunately we have been able to tell people now and I can let it all hang out. I've had a lovely 'date weekend' with DH this weekend. Dinner and seeing Les Mis, followed by a night at the Park Hyatt. Just lovely. Nice to be tourists in our own town. May as well do these things while we can. :-)

3. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to MrsErinR For This Useful Post:

KLM0511  (31-08-2014),laned  (31-08-2014),Luca  (01-09-2014),MGC Bertie  (31-08-2014),Patsy73  (31-08-2014),Seahorse1xxx  (31-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Luca - congratulations, that's awesome!

Hope for all - I'd recommend Menevit, my parter had low sperm count and motility which was our reason for going IVF in the first place, and in the six months he was on it and us realising my fertility issues, he is now considered fertile. Can't be sure how much it was Menevit v the time it takes for a vasectomy reversal to work, but the improvement Aimee he's been on Menevit is massive.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to pinkshootingstar For This Useful Post:

Luca  (01-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Luca, that's fantastic news, congratulations.

Seashore, good luck with your journey, you're next for a BFP!

Laned, a few of us have had a rough time picking donors lately, but put your head down and plough through it as hard as it is, otherwise it may cost you a few months of going to SA like me. Also, pester the agency every day if you have to, as you pay them good money and deserve an efficient service.

Tittles, I can't give you my experience as I've never had implantation, but on all the threads I read they all say that every single pregnancy is different, so for you it will mean this one will stick:-)

I can't remember who asked about synarel but I'm going for the 1 depot injection. This year synarel didn't shut done my follies, once they grew while on it and the next time I flared on it, so I can't take the chance again. I had actually used it for a year before that and never had a problem, maybe my body became immune to it? The depot injection costs alot more than synarel, about $500 I think, but I searched pharmacies overseas last night and I can get it for $300 from the UK.

Does anyone know if the depot injection has to be refrigerated?

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Miss Sagi For This Useful Post:

laned  (31-08-2014),Luca  (01-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by pinkshootingstar View Post
    Luca - congratulations, that's awesome!

Hope for all - I'd recommend Menevit, my parter had low sperm count and motility which was our reason for going IVF in the first place, and in the six months he was on it and us realising my fertility issues, he is now considered fertile. Can't be sure how much it was Menevit v the time it takes for a vasectomy reversal to work, but the improvement Aimee he's been on Menevit is massive.
    I meant to mention this in earlier post. We also had improvement on Menevit.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Baby Dreamer - sorry to hear of your BFN. Glad to hear you are going back to try again!

Luca - great news! Fingers crossed for Tuesdays blood test.

Tittles - it is totally normal to worry. I worried about some of my symptoms being a bad sign but then also worried when they went away! I worried every step of the way and about silly things, eg on flight home I helped a young girl get her bag out of the over head locker on the plane. In doing it I pulled a muscle in my side. I worried that this might have done something to ruin my chances all the way home even though the logical side of me knew that it was a pulled muscle and had nothing to do with my uterus!!

Seahorse - Enjoy your time in SA and best wishes for a successful cycle

Hello and best wishes to everyone else!

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BJ04 For This Useful Post:

Luca  (01-09-2014),Seahorse1xxx  (31-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks ladies for the support and allowing me to be a sounding board. DH said Donor Life Agency is now out, as he believes if we are having communication issues before any contractual arrangements, it's only going to end in tears.

As as for extra vitamins, I had my DH loaded with the following on the advice of local FS and TCM: Menevit, Macca, CoQ10, spermamax, goji berries, pepitas, aloe vera juice and fish oil. Plus to add insult to injury, I made him wear loose boxers for 3 months. Poor fella .

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by laned View Post
    Thanks ladies for the support and allowing me to be a sounding board. DH said Donor Life Agency is now out, as he believes if we are having communication issues before any contractual arrangements, it's only going to end in tears.

As as for extra vitamins, I had my DH loaded with the following on the advice of local FS and TCM: Menevit, Macca, CoQ10, spermamax, goji berries, pepitas, aloe vera juice and fish oil. Plus to add insult to injury, I made him wear loose boxers for 3 months. Poor fella .
    Sounds very similar to my DH's regime :
    Spermamax, CoQ10, goji berries, aloe Vera juice, fish oil, pumpkin seeds, Vit B complex, selenium, megfol and a high dose anti-oxidant (A,C, E). DH was also told to go to boxers - he however opted to go commando and has ever since ;p
    he just had a repeat sample tested for SA and his results have improved (while not being on any of it for the last 3 months)!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Blinky76 For This Useful Post:

laned  (01-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by laned View Post
    Thanks ladies for the support and allowing me to be a sounding board. DH said Donor Life Agency is now out, as he believes if we are having communication issues before any contractual arrangements, it's only going to end in tears. .
    I was thinking that too Laned, there are plenty of other reliable /professional options available in terms of agencies. It's hard when you see a donor you like though.... but in the long run you don't need that kind of stress - you've also got to wonder how they treat their donors if this is the way they treat customers.
    @Seahorse1 - getting close now!! So excited for you!

Em x

Sent from my GT-P5110 using The Bub Hub mobile app

15. The Following User Says Thank You to emski72 For This Useful Post:

laned  (01-09-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congratulations Luca great news

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Anait For This Useful Post:

Luca  (01-09-2014)