Closed Thread
Page 49 of 99 FirstFirst ... 39474849505159 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Luca that is amazing news!!! Congrats!

18 days till I go back to SA, hope I am lucky this time around.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to KLM0511 For This Useful Post:

Luca  (31-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Luca - I am literally sitting here typing with tears of joy. What wonderful news. Congratulations on your Springbok(s)/Springbokee(s) . I am thrilled for you both. Oh and NOOOOOO wine for you . Xxx

Title - I was so wanting to post exactly what your DW suggested, but kept it highbrow and hoped that the fool would nonetheless get the message from my 'sometimes nature fails us' comment which was intended to be read with your DW's sentiments in mind. Xx

RB - how lovely to have celebrated with the bunny curry. We too were thinking about SA this week. It is two years on the 4th of September that we received the wonderful news of our BFP. I still look at our little man every day and still pinch myself. Hope all is well with you all. Xx

Hope - we did the online International Money Transfer (IMT) via CBA. It was a tad tricky as the banks auto prompt kept on coming up with different details to the 'main' branch SA bank info, but all went through in the end with a similar approx $20 fee. Be sure to keep copies of all the IMT transfer docs and bring them with you. Medfem (clinic in Joburg) were so bloody disorganised they had no record of our payment. It made for a very stressful morning day of donors EPU, with one of the admin staff eventually ringing a friend at the Bank to get confirmation of the money going through!

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to laned For This Useful Post:

Luca  (31-08-2014),Rainbowchaser  (31-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Seahorse1 View Post
    Omg congrats @Luca!!! Wonderful news, hope I'm lucky first go!! X
    Are you all set Seahorse? Nervous? Exciting times ahead! Are you in Durban the whole time or doing some travelling between pick up and transfer?
    Em x

Sent from my GT-P5110 using The Bub Hub mobile app

6. The Following User Says Thank You to emski72 For This Useful Post:

Seahorse1xxx  (31-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Seahorse - best of luck! Can't wait to hear your stories.

Quote Originally Posted by Rainbowchaser View Post
    Mr & Mrs Tittles hope that you both had wonderful birthdays and all is continuing to progress well for you both?
    DW's thoughts and feelings:
    One birthday down and one to go. We have had our third bloodtest yesterday but, as its a weekend, wont get result till tomorrow. The second blood test more than doubled up to 555 so the readings are good, but still, we still arent getting our hopes up. Keep trying to convince myself that 'its OK - its a 23 year old egg' but this is around the time I have lost previous embies in our IVF cycles so really waiting till Tuesday week when we have our first scan (and hopefully see a heartbeat).

When I first got back I was jetlagged and then the jetlag became constant nausea. Now I get very concerned if I DONT feel that little bit of nausea in the back of my throst......convinced I have lost 'them'.

I am going up to resign from my weekend job today. Can't keep doing two jobs if this pregnancy is to continue....

.....Reassurance from others who felt like this is welcome! I think I will stress up to week 30, at which time I feel we have the technology to cope with any issues.....
    Last edited by Tittle; 31-08-2014 at 09:28.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tittle For This Useful Post:

mardicharli  (31-08-2014),Seahorse1xxx  (31-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Luca: Amazing news. I'm so happy for you (just thinking about it makes me feel a little teary).

Mrs Tittle: It must be an apprehensive time in light of past experiences but keep thinking positive and good luck at your first scan.

Rainbowchaser: By law, the clinic have to pass on anything about depression as it could be passed on to the baby. I've emailed to find out a bit more if I can but I don't think it's a reason to pull the pin on this donor (hopefully!) Might ask Dr W's opinion (although not sure if he's allowed to say anything).

Re payment (sorry, can't remember who asked and if I flip back to the previous page, I'll lose this reply..., I paid by a debit card as I liked the ease and speed. (That said, we did have a few issues with getting the payment through to CFC but agency stepped in to help and it got sorted). I paid a 4% surcharge to the agency but no surcharge for the CFC payment (don't know if that's because it was a debit card?)

Hope everyone's having a good weekend...lovely weather in Melbourne, Spring is definitely on the way.
    Last edited by Patsy73; 31-08-2014 at 09:45. Reason: For clarity

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Patsy73 For This Useful Post:

Luca  (31-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Tittles I'm sure everything is just fine - though I know your anxiety well. I lost a little girl at 15 weeks pregnant so spent a lot of the early part of my Cape Town pregnancy worried over everything you could possibly worry about. One day my boobs hurt, the next they didn't. One day I would feel a little off, the next day I felt fine. Tired some days and not others. My second beta didn't double so I freaked about that. I guess what I'm trying to say is that the worry is normal after what we've all been through but I found comfort in reminding myself that I had super young genes on board :-) It got easier after each scan with bub growing well - then the anxiety ramped up towards the end. I felt like I was so close to the finish line but almost expected my joy to be taken away from me as it had before. IVF plays with your head like nothing else I know. It sounds silly but I had a little mantra I used to say every morning when I would rub my belly "happy healthy baby". I also used to try and visualise the happy end goal. I'll keep everything crossed for you, as I do for everyone on this thread. Coming out the other side and having my beautiful son, doesn't mean you forget the heartache of others still on the journey :-) Happy healthy baby vibes to you all xxx

ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1409441689.661838.jpg

12. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to wishmeluck For This Useful Post:

BJ04  (31-08-2014),MGC Bertie  (31-08-2014),Patsy73  (31-08-2014),Rainbowchaser  (31-08-2014),Sunflower11  (31-08-2014),Tittle  (31-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Luca - woohoo. Great news on your positive HPT. Looking forward to your first beta :-)

14. The Following User Says Thank You to wishmeluck For This Useful Post:

Luca  (31-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wishmeluck: Thanks for sharing those words of advice and also for the picture of your bonny, baby boy. He's gorgeous.

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Patsy73 For This Useful Post:

wishmeluck  (31-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Patsy. I was just reading back and see that your donor had two recent episodes of mild depression. To be honest, I wouldn't worry about that too much. Two recent episodes may suggest a particular trigger or loss that has prompted it, rather than cyclic episodes of depression that are more biologically defined. The DSM which is the "manual" for diagnosis keeps changing and the parameters are so narrow now I think most of us would meet the criteria at some stage (particularly after ivf!!!) I would also be heartened by the fact she was honest about it. :-) I hope the Clinic can reassure you with what they know

18. The Following User Says Thank You to wishmeluck For This Useful Post:

Patsy73  (31-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Tittle View Post
    Seahorse - best of luck! Can't wait to hear your stories.

.....Reassurance from others who felt like this is welcome! I think I will stress up to week 30, at which time I feel we have the technology to cope with any issues.....
    Hi Tittle - I had a relatively easy first trimestor, then halfway through the second came the vomiting .... every case is different - just ride it as best you can - your egg is healthy - you'll be fine

Luca - what can I say -

20. The Following User Says Thank You to ejj87 For This Useful Post:

Luca  (31-08-2014)