Closed Thread
Page 47 of 101 FirstFirst ... 3745464748495797 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello all. I must admit when I first heard that Sonia had admitted first going to SA for donor treatment, I thought, 'Oh no, some people might guess what we're up to when I tell them we're off to SA...' Lovely news for her, though...gives me hope.

As for us, I opened my in box to mixed messages from the clinic this morning. One was an an exciting email to outline provisional dates, the other one was to tell us that while our donor had passed her medical tests, her psychology report had highlighted two recent episodes of mild depression. I've asked for further details but I must admit it doesn't worry me too much in the great scheme of things (I've probably suffered from mild depression over being the age I am and being unable to get pregnant). But more to worry about on the 'have I chosen the right donor' front...

Can I pick everyone's brains re the suppression drugs front? I'm reading back through the past threads which has been helpful but does anyone have any strong feelings either way? I haven't done IVF so haven't had any experience although I do suffer badly from hayfever in the spring so am wondering if that's going to affect the Synarel? That seems to be the easiest to get hold of here?

Luca: Good luck for your test (will keep everything crossed). And best wishes to everyone else at whatever stage of your journey you are at.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Patsy73 For This Useful Post:

Luca  (30-08-2014),MGC Bertie  (30-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Everyone!
    Patsy - I have had the exact same thoughts re Sonia and SA, although I hadn't heard she had gone there until Tittle mentioned it, so hopefully it's not as well known as it could be.
    I can't believe your donor has been tested already! Ours hasn't even started after a really slow week of communication with the clinic last week we have only just sent the forms for her testing today. So I hope we won't have our cycle put back!
    I wouldn't be too concerned re your donors depression. It did say mild, so she was probably not even on medication, and we all have our ups and downs. Especially with IVF! Hope everything keeps moving along quickly for you. Wish we had some dates to start looking at flights etc..
    Luca - everything crossed for you on Tues! Xx
    Hi to everyone else! Xx

4. The Following User Says Thank You to mardicharli For This Useful Post:

Luca  (30-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Patsy73 View Post
    Hello all. I must admit when I first heard that Sonia had admitted first going to SA for donor treatment, I thought, 'Oh no, some people might guess what we're up to when I tell them we're off to SA...' Lovely news for her, though...gives me hope.

As for us, I opened my in box to mixed messages from the clinic this morning. One was an an exciting email to outline provisional dates, the other one was to tell us that while our donor had passed her medical tests, her psychology report had highlighted two recent episodes of mild depression. I've asked for further details but I must admit it doesn't worry me too much in the great scheme of things (I've probably suffered from mild depression over being the age I am and being unable to get pregnant). But more to worry about on the 'have I chosen the right donor' front...

Can I pick everyone's brains re the suppression drugs front? I'm reading back through the past threads which has been helpful but does anyone have any strong feelings either way? I haven't done IVF so haven't had any experience although I do suffer badly from hayfever in the spring so am wondering if that's going to affect the Synarel? That seems to be the easiest to get hold of here?

Luca: Good luck for your test (will keep everything crossed). And best wishes to everyone else at whatever stage of your journey you are at.
    Hi Patsy, I used Synarel, it's easy, and I chose it as it can be taken anywhere ie out at dinner, on the plane etc. Doesn't need refrigerating. Downsides are you can get headaches, but you get them with most ivf meds anyway, and the taste that drips down the back of your throat, but a mint hel Pos with that. As for hayfever, I get it too, so long as you take you dose and try not to sneeze for a couple of mins, it will be absorbed.

I just found it easier and one less injection! Oh and I could claim part of it on PHI.

Em x

Sent from my GT-P5110 using The Bub Hub mobile app

6. The Following User Says Thank You to emski72 For This Useful Post:

Patsy73  (30-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Patsy and Mardi.... I thought that too when I heard about Sonia Kruger. Three years of keeping it quiet, making up excuses for work etc. So as I'm standing in the chemist yesterday to get my Pregnyl (they were having a problem letting me buy it as their system was saying something about Medicare, and I was having to explain Medicare's new system with claiming things during an IVF cycle), I was thinking about that, and I worked out that there must be more than 300 people at least who know I'm doing IVF (FSs, nurses, scientists, GPs, chemists and assistants, blood test people, medicare people, BUPA people, hospitals, scan places etc etc), that I'm actually surprised that my work place haven't found out - and there again, all my medical certificates, even though they don't say IVF, do have gyno words after the FSs names, so probably everyone does know, and it's just me pretending that no-one knows!! Lol!!

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MGC Bertie For This Useful Post:

mardicharli  (30-08-2014),Patsy73  (30-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Luca - welcome home. Hoping you are trying to rest up. Looking forward to Wednesdays BT.

Title - likewise won't be long until you get to see your little person(s) via scan

Patsy - I am certain that 98% of the worlds population has had some form of mild depression at some time. There is a remarkable difference between mild transient episodes and chronic depressive illness. Good idea to get some further info, but I am sure everything will be fine. For my previous cycle, I didn't take an ovulation suppressant, I merely was on the OCP, which did the job.

As for Sonia, I am over the moon for her and her partner. I was aware that she had been doing IVF for a few years, but not about the egg donation.

I am so grateful to her for being so open and honest about her journey. It is women in media such as herself and Mary Coustas that help in breaking down a lot of barriers concerning egg donation.

There has been a lot of recent negative media about assisted fertility processes. Firstly, there were a number of horrible comments aimed at people (not just limited to the WA couple) requiring egg donation and surrogacy following the unfortunate story of Baby Gammy. Some keyboard warriors went to town making such outrageous statements that all people who couldn't conceive naturally should not be permitted to access such options as it was natures way of natural selection (WTF). Whilst I am all for people having their own opinions, I believe they should do so respectfully. I did have to respond to that poster's ignorance by noting with ignorant and hurtful comments like that, it is apparent that nature sometimes fails us.

Secondly, the ABC then ran a not too favourable 'Australian Story' episode concerning donor children. Such media and public responses had me for the first time feeling quiet concerned about people's perceptions of our how our little family came to be.

Thank goodness Sonia has placed some attention on the other side of the fence and broken the silence on what I imagine has been viewed by many over the time as taboo.

If only some people could walk a year in many of our shoes and know of the heartache of infertility and the pure desire to give a little person the very best and a life filled with love, happiness and support. What just world would deny someone that experience???

AFM - I have been having no end of trouble getting further donor information from Donor Life Agency. I have been trying to get a response from Glenda for nearly two weeks now as to whether one her 29 year old donors is willing to have an AMH. Whilst she has advised the donor is available for November and would most likely consent to the AMH, she has not provided an absolute reply. Meanwhile the donor we liked with the peanut allergy has now been reserved by another intended parent. GGGGGRRRRRRR. I don't know why, but I am really finding donor selection this time round to be a lot more difficult. To the point I am now avoiding looking at our short listed donors. It is terrible to be feeling so uncertain about things!!!
    Last edited by laned; 30-08-2014 at 14:43.

10. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to laned For This Useful Post:

Anait  (30-08-2014),BJ04  (31-08-2014),mardicharli  (30-08-2014),MGC Bertie  (30-08-2014),Patsy73  (30-08-2014),Sunflower11  (30-08-2014),Tittle  (30-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Seahorse1 View Post
    Hi ladies we leave Tuesday!! Quick question do we need a visa to travel to South Africa? I did look it up thought it said no if you stay less than 90 days but just wanted to double check? Thanks x
    No seahorse

Sent from my GT-P5110 using The Bub Hub mobile app

12. The Following User Says Thank You to emski72 For This Useful Post:

Seahorse1xxx  (30-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yay Seahorse, that is awesome and exciting news. No need to worry you don't need a visa. Happy travels Hun and remember 'magic happens in Africa'. Xx

14. The Following User Says Thank You to laned For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Happy travels Seahorse!

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Patsy73 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good luck Seahorse, & well wishes to everyone else :-)

well we've officially sent off the contract on our donor of choice for a cycle in November. I really hope there's no hiccups & all goes smoothly! We just gotta send the money, we don't want to pay by credit card as a) want to avoid the 3.% credit card fee & b) don't have a credit card with that amount available. Did most of you transfer the money? Is there an easier way?

also, did any of you have a back up donor just in case? What's the process of that, us it free to secure her or do we pay two fees?
    my other question is: is anyone on coQ10? If so, what dosage are you on? Both my hubby & I just started taking it. Any other tips on bumping up the quality of hubby's sperm to ensure best results?

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Hope for all For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Seahorse1 View Post
    Hi ladies we leave Tuesday!! Quick question do we need a visa to travel to South Africa? I did look it up thought it said no if you stay less than 90 days but just wanted to double check? Thanks x
    Seahorse, you dont need to buy or pre organise a visa, but when you get to SA you go in the line that says 'visa required' and they will stamp your passport for free with a 90 day visa. Good luck with your journey.

Good work Hope for all. I dont think there is another way to pay. We did transfer, they do say it takes 5 days but i know one transfer we did got there the same day. You can probably put your credit card in credit too.

Quote Originally Posted by laned View Post
    ..Some keyboard warriors went to town making such outrageous statements that all people who couldn't conceive naturally should not be permitted to access such options as it was natures way of natural selection (WTF)...
    DW says that she would have been tempted to write back to the keyboard warrior and say, "so its natures way of keeping humankind dumb like you?". Great post though Laned.

20. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Tittle For This Useful Post:

laned  (30-08-2014),mardicharli  (30-08-2014),Seahorse1xxx  (30-08-2014)