Closed Thread
Page 45 of 99 FirstFirst ... 3543444546475595 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by emski72 View Post
    Hi Pink - once you have your donor the whole thing normally takes about 8 weeks, however some of the doctors don't work over Xmas and they are on skeleton staff for donor testing etc. so you might want to talk to them and see if your timeframe will work and which Dr is best to go with in this case? Also some donors don't want to be stimming over the Xmas/New Year period which is fair enough.

Em x
    Pink - as Em said the process can be done in 8 weeks. We too are aiming for a late January trip. To accommodate this we have asked for our donors testing to be done early November so dates can all be locked in by mid November. This means our donor isn't stimming over the holiday period.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congratulations title....! Well done..!

Luca - I've got my fingers crossed for you...sending you sticky dust...!

Can I get your opinions on a donor selection...? It's between two... One is 19 - prior transfer of 1 blast and the recipient is pregnant. The other is 27 - prior transfer of 2 blasts and the couple is pregnant with twins...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    I'd go with the 27 year old Myheart... is this the TWEB? I don't think SA use donors as young as 19... everything I read up on in my research also suggested anyone under 21 could be a bit unpredictable in how they react to the drugs... I can't remember why now.
    Em xx

Sent from my GT-P5110 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ok, panic over. Donor agency spoke to CFC and all sorted, hopefully! Now for the waiting...

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Patsy73 For This Useful Post:

mardicharli  (27-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Patsy - glad the panic is over. What was the problem? I read back but couldn't find it. Glad things are working out with your donor. Did you end up getting her AMH etc tested?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Blinky76 View Post
    Pink - as Em said the process can be done in 8 weeks. We too are aiming for a late January trip. To accommodate this we have asked for our donors testing to be done early November so dates can all be locked in by mid November. This means our donor isn't stimming over the holiday period.

Hi Blinky 76
    can I ask if you have already reserved your donor? If so ho have you done this so far in advance? And if so may I ask which agency, as have read you can't secure more then 3 months in advance, which indicates I'm looking too soon.
    thanks

Thanks
    Reviews
    Pink, yes my donor is all locked in with sunshine. They don't work with the three month timeline like other agencies I had enquirer with.

I had asked for a cycle late November or December and our donor came back with no as it didn't suit her, she asked for a Sept/October cycle but I couldn't do it earlier because of my schedule so we decided on early February. I did that back in June. I recently emailed to ask them to confirm the arrangement so that I can pay the agency fee and they replied that all was good with the donor and I have paid the agency fee and am in the process of paying the CFC fee.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Last edited by Blinky76; 31-08-2014 at 06:29.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mardi Charli: I was having some problems with my payment (by debit card) to CFC going through but the agency helped sort it out as we hadn't had any trouble paying them! Don't know what's happened to my question on that last night...seems to have fallen off the feed!
    Got an email from CFC to say I need to start taking the pill with my next cycle so it's really starting...

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Patsy73 For This Useful Post:

mardicharli  (28-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you so much em...! I'm following your pregnancy journey... Not long now..!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to myheart For This Useful Post:

emski72  (28-08-2014)