Closed Thread
Page 44 of 101 FirstFirst ... 3442434445465494 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hey guys, just a quick question - what is your view on donors who've cycled more than 3 times? In your experiences, have they continued to still produce good amounts of eggs, and are they reliable? Or have they gone on to have bad results?

Still trying to make up my mind on a donor. Thanks everyone :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I think that is a great question Hope for All. When I asked about the former cycles of my donor they only gave me the results of the last cycle prior to mine, they didn't have information on cycles before. Then she cycled for me and now she is booked back to back two more times, that's 4 times straight. I wonder as well about this.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    It's kind of catch 22, my donor it was her first cycle so you don't know how she will respond to the meds at all and her second cycle would be 'tweaked' as a result. But I didn't want someone who had cycled 5 times before, I'm not sure why, but it didn't sit right with me... there is always a leap of faith in there somewhere when choosing a donor.
    Babydreamer, sorry your cycle was unsuccessful, I hope this next one is the lucky one! xx

Sent from my GT-P5110 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hope for all - it's my understanding that the FS like for the donors to have three months break between cycles for optimum results. Definitely not back to back.
    (Pretty much the Same as OE cycling)
    I personally wanted someone who hadn't done lots of cycles in a short period - from what I have read it 'exhausts' the ovaries and reduces quality.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh baby dreamer, so so sorry for your BFN. Sending hugs and positive vibes as you plan to head back.

Every time I check in here, I laugh and shed a tear with you all. I am so amazed by everyone's stories and the strength of every women on here, infertility is just so heartbreakingly tough and moving down the donor route after everything you been through is massive.

Hope, we were donation #6, last donation for our donor, but for memory these were spread out over a couple of years and she had had her own child and live births (including a set of twins) for 3/5 cycles that I was happy. Though I did worry, what if the last two cycles had been her failed two as I was unaware which cycles had produced the babies as cfc only did one of her cycles so I could only get full results from this cycle which had been from January 2014. It was just a strong gut feeling I and hubby had that we knew she was the one. It really is such a surreal experience and such a personal one what really is important to you and where your willing to compromise.

Congrats to all who have locked in their donors.

Have a a good flight home Luca and all crossed for you.

So chuffed for Sonia K and her hubby and awesome that she has shared her donor experience. I think there will be a couple of days between our due dates, though I'm guessing I'll be early with the twinnies. So sad that some people can still be so naive and negative about it. I decided on keeping our DE story very private to only a few close family/friends so our babies can decide who they want to tell. But also want to share our experience to help and give other women like us the hope and chance to make their family dreams come true.

To all. X

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Sunflower11 For This Useful Post:

Baby dreamer  (28-08-2014),KLM0511  (26-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I do have to say, it's played on my mind that I'm 3rd cab off the rank with my donor and her 3 donations are over a 6mth period which is only 2 mths break between them all. I expressed my concerns about this with CFC before I locked her in, but they said it was fine....I just hope my donor's ovaries agree with CFC? Just another thing to worry about I guess :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    PS. To all the pregnant ladies, I hope things are running smoothly for you all :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all

We are currently looking for a donor and wondering how long this process usually takes? We've not been looking that long I guess but hoping if all goes well to line things up for a January trip.

My partner wonders if we are being too fussy, but really want at least some similarity to me, proven donor, non smoker and good family health history.

Hope all is going well with everyone on their journeys!

xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Hi Pink - once you have your donor the whole thing normally takes about 8 weeks, however some of the doctors don't work over Xmas and they are on skeleton staff for donor testing etc. so you might want to talk to them and see if your timeframe will work and which Dr is best to go with in this case? Also some donors don't want to be stimming over the Xmas/New Year period which is fair enough.

Em x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi All

Congrats Title on your positive pregnancy results!

Luca glad to hear your transfer went well!

Patsy, well done on deciding and locking in a donor (took us a while too)

Babydreamer thank you for sharing your story, here's wishing that your journey continues and that you are able to have a baby and a happy ending!

Haven't been on here in a bit to update but we finally found our donor in July, she had her testing last Fri, all went well and we are aiming to head to Cape Town in Oct so things are now moving along for us, scary and exciting all at the same time.....

12. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to CAmom For This Useful Post:

Baby dreamer  (28-08-2014),emski72  (27-08-2014),mardicharli  (27-08-2014),Patsy73  (27-08-2014),Sunflower11  (28-08-2014),Tittle  (27-08-2014)