Closed Thread
Page 4 of 101 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello everyone and welcome to the thread Camom!

To choose the donor was the easiest part of the process given through how many heartbreaking negative results we have been through and never had a choice.
    We were going through a FS here in Sydney and they work with EDSA. We were happy with their service, but we were not fussy. Once we got an access to the donor profile - it took us 10 mins to look through them and we selected our first choice, then 2nd and 3rd.
    Our first choice was a good physical match to me and on her child pic she looked like me too. She was a new donor and its always a risk on how the person will be responding to the medications and how thorough she will be following instructions etc. She is 25 y.o. with no kids and a smoker.
    We took our risks and the cycle went well.

I did my first scan this week and we are in shock! TWINS! We are excited and overwhelmed, asll these mixed feelings on how we are going to handle it and praying that no compliactions etc. also and we have 7 embryos left in the freezer back in Cape Town.

Cloggy, where are you? are you back from holidays? Do you know the results?

Amethyst, thank you for sharign your experience, i noticed we do not have a lot of twin pregnancies on this thread.

Imij, welcome to the thread, start reading from the beggining on all the stories from the lovely ladies in here and you may get a lot of questions answered.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Today's beta was 520. All good.

Welcome to the newbies.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good numbers MrsErin!!!

Sent from my iPhone using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mrs Erin, what is the day after transfer? My beta on day 10 was 500 and i am pregnant with twins! Congratulations on your beta!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I am also 10 days past transfer. I'll be mighty surprised if it's twins given we only transferred one embryo!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hahaha, i forgot that you transferred only one! But hey you never know what may happen

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congratulations to all the BFP's and what high betas. So fantastic. Was just thinking the highest beta I ever had on my past BFPs was 120. Wow what a difference that young egg makes. Getting excited! Thanks for everyone's tips on Kruger. Don't think we will be going there - didn't realise it was within malaria areas - what was I thinking!??

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Luca For This Useful Post:

Sunflower11  (21-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsErinR View Post
    I am also 10 days past transfer. I'll be mighty surprised if it's twins given we only transferred one embryo!!!
    Stranger things have happened! Mine was only 111 at 13 dpo

Sent from my GT-P5110

Thanks
    Reviews
    Welcome back Ophelia and welcome CAmom and Imij! it may take you a few hours but highly recommend reading through the earlier threads as there is so much support and helpful information here and will probably answer most of your initial questions.

CAmom, we ended up going with Dr Le Roux who is fabulous and we were very happy with him.
    Ophelia, i hope you have heard back from CFC by now, do follow them up and if you need an urgent response always cc your Dr. It is pretty manic in the clinic but generally i found them really good with getting back for urgent issues especially if I gave them a time frame in which i needed the information answer for. Choosing CFC and SA was definitely the best decision we ever made and one we would never have made if it wasn't for this thread.

Blinky76, I know what you mean about wishing the rest of the year away, I was always the same between our ivf cycles but feb will be here before you know it, then life will be pretty hectic so try and to do some nice things for you and hubby and enjoy the rest of this year.

Feather, 14 weeks already whoop whoop! Glad you and your little ones are doing well.

Yay Girlfromsydney, TWINS so exciting! how are you feeling has the MS kicked in yet?

MrsErin, that is one super beta. Congratulations, gosh i also would be thinking twins but know you only transferred one little blastie. Definitely a super sticky one you have there, very exciting.

We also got exciting news and is TWINS for us too, yesterday we saw 2 beautiful beating heartbeats.
    Twin a - 5.5mm 110bpm
    Twin b - 3.7mm 119 bpm
    January, understand those tears of joy, could not help myself yesterday either. Is so amazing to see that little bright beating glowing blob, knowing in just a short few weeks it will have arms and legs etc.. is such a miracle.
    Agree GFS, is a little scary as well but so happy.
    Last edited by Sunflower11; 21-06-2014 at 13:17.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Sunflower11 For This Useful Post:

January  (21-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    just thought I'd pop into the new thread and say a quick hello, a mighty congratulations for the current BFP's! Welcome to the newbies and my best wishes for the stages that everyone else is at. I'm currently looking forward to tax return time so that I can claim the relevant bits of my Barbados expenses. That should help the kitty a little. I've been a bit indulgent of late and my bank account is showing it. I've suddenly realised that life without credit card is a bit more precarious financially!

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Net3811 For This Useful Post:

Sunflower11  (21-06-2014)