Closed Thread
Page 36 of 101 FirstFirst ... 2634353637384686 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all. One of the tests I requested from my donor was AMH. Due to the invaluable tips from this site. The result came back as 4.89. The coordinator did say it was good, but just want to know from you knowledgeable ladies what you think. Mr google was really confusing..hope someone on here can really let me knw? Thanks. Hoe you are all doinggood. Almost a month to go go for us to be in CT. phew.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jiks View Post
    Hi all. One of the tests I requested from my donor was AMH. Due to the invaluable tips from this site. The result came back as 4.89. The coordinator did say it was good, but just want to know from you knowledgeable ladies what you think. Mr google was really confusing..hope someone on here can really let me knw? Thanks. Hoe you are all doinggood. Almost a month to go go for us to be in CT. phew.
    Hi Jiks, my donor had a similar result. I Googled it as they use a different scale than us. I found that that is a good number as I think their scale level goes to 5.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Miss Sagi For This Useful Post:

Jiks  (18-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MGC Bertie View Post
    Sorry, just a quick question - does CFC do IVIG or just Intrallipids?
    Hi MGC Bertie, I'm wondering the same thing. I have an appt with Dr M in 2wks, so once I find out what my treatment plan is, as I'm sure it will include IVIG, I'll send an email to CFC and ask them, so I can let you know when I find out.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Miss Sagi For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (17-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies and Gent,

I am starting to do the good old freak out Can anyone please give their advice good bad or indifferent. My first choice donor has an allergy to nuts. Can anyone please advise as to likely risk that the nut allergy will be passed on.

Ta Lane xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Miss Sagi. @laned I would say 50% since she is the half of the equation? Though for me I won't let it stop, what if it's u with the nut allergy and you were the one at risk of passing it on? There are loads of kids with nuts allergy out there and they are fine as long as parents guardians and even the kids themselves are careful. What if the donor didn't mention her allergy? All in all its up to you. Let your heart lead you. Hugs.
    AFM still struggling with accommodation! Can't seem to makeup my mind and hotel costs are rising. Don't think I want self catering - don't really like cooking!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Laned - I just did some Googling and apparently nut allergies can be genetic, however it isn't 100% chance, and may show up as a different type of allergy. Google does come in handy sometimes. Our original fav donor had an allergy to penicillin and we were worried it would be passed on, but thankfully that wasn't genetic.. Tricky decision there, but Jik is right thinking many might not mention it. Good luck with that one, not sure what we would have done. I know we avoided cancers etc in family lines, but didn't come across nut allergies. Xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Emski, I found out during the pregnancy that I had a short cervix. It was too late to perform surgery. There was an infection that got in the fluid. The infection triggered cramps. They reckon that the short cervix may have allowed a bug to get through????
    I am terrified at the thought of something like that happening to me again. The FS said that I would have to have a cervical stitch put in place at week 12 if I were to get pregnant again.

Thanks
    Reviews
    So random question for you all. I had my blood testing redone for our second trip to SA. Everything is good with the exception of my prolactin levels. Normal levels are supposed to be 0-500. I have had high levels before (800+) and had been warned this would affect cycling with my OE but am wondering if anyone knows if it (levels of 800+) would affect a donor cycle?
    (I'd ask Wazza but he is on annual leave for 6 weeks)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone,

We are back in Cape Town again after a fabulous week in Sanbona & travelling through the vineyards. We are now staying at the Waterfront. It was 26 degrees here yesterday & we went to Clifton, Camps Bay beach, Hout Bay, Seapoint for a drive - just beautiful. Bit chillier today but still nice.

Our amazing donor produced 24 eggs today! We are very happy with that. Will find out fertilization results tomorrow.

Jiks - our donor's AMH was 4.49 to give you an idea of numbers.

Hi to everyone else. And to those planning your trip here - we are having the best holiday ever.

Luca

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Luca For This Useful Post:

Jiks  (19-08-2014),mardicharli  (19-08-2014),MGC Bertie  (19-08-2014),Patsy73  (19-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Luca. If your donor with 4.49 produced such an amazing number, then I think we are looking at good numbers too. are you in a self catering accommodation or hotel?