Closed Thread
Page 35 of 99 FirstFirst ... 2533343536374585 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Jiks.... thanks for that. I don't have a co-ordinator yet, as I haven't signed up yet, as I still have two donor FETs (from my sister) to do here first, but am gathering info for SA for early next year. Thanks.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all,

Harmony results are in and we're all clear. What a relief! Just the anatomy scan to go next week and then I might feel brave enough to update my signature and maybe join a DIG.

12w2d today.

X

3. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to MrsErinR For This Useful Post:

mardicharli  (15-08-2014),MGC Bertie  (15-08-2014),Patsy73  (15-08-2014),Seahorse1xxx  (15-08-2014),Sunflower11  (17-08-2014),thembs  (15-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    @MGC Bertie- I was emailing them about a year before I went with questions, just shoot through an email to one of the Doctors directly - they are really helpful, well Dr Le Roux was anyway...

Em x
    Last edited by emski72; 15-08-2014 at 16:43.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to emski72 For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (15-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Great news MrsErinR - the anatomy scan is a blast, take some tissues for the tears (ours were all hubbies though)

7. The Following User Says Thank You to emski72 For This Useful Post:

laned  (17-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Great news MrsErin! Time flies!

Thanks
    Reviews
    That's good news MrsErin. All the best for the next milestone.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi girls. The talk about scans has prompted me to jump in and say to the ladies having twins take full advantage of those early scans and get some good pics if you can. By the time I got to 20 weeks it was so squashy in there you couldn't see much at all.Thankfully we had some great pics from 16 weeks..at 24 weeks with 2 placentas we were struggling to distinguish heads from bums and didn't really get to see their little faces again because neither if the babies could turn much by that stage. Don't leave it too late if you are going to pay for one of those 3d sessions (thankfully it was standard at our appointments so we didn't have to..).

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Missleo For This Useful Post:

Sunflower11  (17-08-2014),thembs  (15-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello ladies, I have been following this thread with interest for several months now and have learnt a lot from you all in that time. Thanks for sharing your stories both positive and negative. It's wonderful how you all provide everyone with support. Anyway, after seeing a FS since April and doing all those tests I have to make the decision to undergo IVF. It seems that at my age the statistics don't look promising yet last year I managed to conceive and carry a pregnancy up to 21 weeks. It has taken us a long time to recover from that loss and I'm not sure whether we will ever fully recover, but I keep thinking that with the odds stacked against me I still managed to defy those odds last year... Could I do it again? Anyway, I suppose my question for you all is am I being realistic at 45 to hope to get pregnant through IVF or should I just save my money and emotions and go down the DE path. It's something that I have been thinking about for a long time. I am encouraged by the number of women on this forum who do find success down this avenue. All the best to you all.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Aspire, welcome!
    Sorry for your loss last year, that must have been awful! Did you find out why you lost the baby through testing etc? I can't imagine how traumatic that must have been for you .

Unfortunately after 40 chromosome issues are so much higher and it is harder and harder to keep a full term pregnancy. My little bub last year had two chromosome issues which resulted in MC. My FS gave me a 5% chance of getting pregnant with my own eggs at 41/42 via IVF and an immune protocol, but that's just getting pregnant... then you have to deal with higher risks for chromosome issues etc.

Honestly, at 45 I'd be jumping straight into DE if you're comfortable with that idea. CFC have a 65-70% success rate with a 2 embryo transfer. I'd take that over 5% any day. I figured at the end of the day, I just really want a healthy little baby in our family, how they get here is not an issue for me. Ultimately you have to be comfortable with going down the DE route. x

Sent from my GT-P5110 using The Bub Hub mobile app

14. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to emski72 For This Useful Post:

Aspire  (18-08-2014),laned  (17-08-2014),MGC Bertie  (17-08-2014),Seahorse1xxx  (18-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Aspire - Oh Hun, my heart just sinks when I read stories such as yours. I am truly sorry about your recent loss. You will never get over that loss, as you will always be that little angel baby's beautiful mother.

As for your question about when to move to DE, it is a very personal one and one that took me some time to realise. I actually had to have a quiet beach holiday with a lot of alone time to come to the decision.

As with Em, I too had x 2 MCs, both due to unusual chromosomal issues, which two FSs believed to be due to my egg quality. I had a low AMH and at 37 was considered to be in ovarian failure. Having undertaken 7 full stim IVF cycles and having had x 2 FS suggest ED, I finally came to accept it was the only way I was going to have a chance.

After going I go through the motions, I wish now that I could have somehow reached peace with the idea sooner. However, hindsight is a wonderful thing and if only we all had a crystal ball. I suppose I needed to have the one last shot and experience the disappointing failure to let me know I had exhausted all my attempts and somehow satisfied my ego. Unfortunately, in the process we just threw good money after a futile exercise. I wish you the very best on your pending decisions and journey. May your little angel be your guardian angel. Xx

Ms Erin - yayyyy, how very exciting and time does fly. All the best for the scan Hun.

AFM - DH is all on board for another DE cycle. We have settled on a couple of donors and are now number crunching. Nurture are remarkably more expensive but have agreed to lower costs on two occasions now. The two donors are unproven, so we are taking a gamble. The donor through Nurture is located in Joburg so we will have to pay travel expenses which adds a further $1830 to the cost. So some serious decisions to be made over the next couple of days. I am planning for mid to late Nov, so if anyone is thinking of going over then let me know. Xx
    Last edited by laned; 17-08-2014 at 01:34.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to laned For This Useful Post:

Aspire  (18-08-2014),MGC Bertie  (17-08-2014)