Closed Thread
Page 34 of 99 FirstFirst ... 2432333435364484 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Mr and Mrs Title - Hope you are both resting up and letting the embies snuggle in. Congrats on a great TF.

Mardi - woohoo on choosing a donor. We originally went with baby2mom and found Jenni to be very attentive up to TF, but then really nothing thereafter, which I found disappointing. That said, I have recently contacted her to see if our donor could do another cycle for us and she contacted her even out she was out of the country.

Patsy - I too am doing my head in trawling through databases.

KLM - I am so pleased you are getting excited. Not long to go now.

Blinky - you are in fab hands with Wazza.

AFM - I am still a bit up in the air about doing another cycle. I have very distinctive traits and have narrowed my searching to a few donors. Just wondering if anyone has used Nurture. Their costs seem exorbitantly more expensive and they charge a motza for travelling donors.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to laned For This Useful Post:

KLM0511  (14-08-2014),mardicharli  (14-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Laned - thank you. Sooo happy and relieved now. Our original donor was with Nurture. Kim from Nurture was very friendly and assisted us with our queries promptly. As MrsErinR suggested, we asked them via email why their fees were so much higher than the other agencies and they offered us a 30% discount straight away which puts them in the same price range as the other agencies. We ended up going through Sunshine which is now the most expensive! But as they say, you pick your donor, not agency. Good luck! Xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone. I am one of the lurkers who have greatly benefited from this site. Your experiences have all made my journey smoother I just cant thank you enough.
    now getting ready to travel to SA for a DE but still struggling to book accommodation. Vineyard is a bit on the expensive side, and just wandered if anyone's stayed at The Hilton before?
    KLM, think we will be at SA around same time, as this is my 1st trip with DH and my 1st appt wil be on the 15th Sept. lots of hugs to everyone..xxxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    MardiCharli: Well done on picking a donor. Must be such a relief. You've inspired me to keep looking. Am going to stop stressing and believe that when she's ready to find me, she will. (Trying to be all zen...it'll probably last for all of five minutes...)

Heard from Cyndi yesterday to say she's got my results and questionnaire so it feels like we're on our way. Just need to find that donor...

Hello to all and thanks for all the advice. Couldn't do it without you.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Patsy73 For This Useful Post:

mardicharli  (14-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Seahorse it depends on whether you were planning on booking flex flights etc. I'd wait if you're going for the cheapest fare, it's not peak season at the moment. We only had about 3 weeks lead time before booking everything and I'm big on planning so it drove me crazy!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to emski72 For This Useful Post:

Seahorse1xxx  (14-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Jiks, Welcome!
    Glad you have found this forum helpful! Don't think anyone of us could do it without all this tremendous support we give each other and hearing of everyone's experiences.

Not sure if I have heard of any staying at the Hilton. I would recommend finding a unit on Airbnb. Green point is the area we stayed - not far from the V&A Waterfront which a good place to be close to. If you are staying for 14/15 days it is cheaper and it feels more homely (in my opinion anyway). I would have chosen the same place for this next trip in Sept, but I didn't want to have to explain myself to the owner who was soooo lovely, as a 2 day stay would sound weird to anyone and I just said we were there for hols last time.
    So I chose Westin as I can use my points to make it free accom!

If I was there for longer I would definitely suggest catching up but I will only have time to rest after transfer and then I fly out the next day. (20th). But feel free to PM me while there if you need any recommendations for anything whilst there.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to KLM0511 For This Useful Post:

Jiks  (14-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks KLM for your reply will look into it too for sure and will touch base via email when we are in SA. Seahorse, I haven't booked flights either as I keep thinking what if my period does not start when it is supposed to? If the tickets are not flexible you will lose the whole fare, unless of cos you book a flexible ticket. Hmmph so many decisions to make combined with daily life.
    hope everyone is doing ok, and your DE journeys are going smoothly.

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Jiks For This Useful Post:

KLM0511  (14-08-2014),laned  (17-08-2014),mardicharli  (14-08-2014),Seahorse1xxx  (14-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Sorry, just a quick question - does CFC do IVIG or just Intrallipids?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Jiks and Seahorse, Having just booked flights yesterday - the seats seemed limited going over (for my date anyway 18th Sept) so I would just keep an eye on the prices each day. Going over, there was no Saver fares available - just Flex for $1754 and the other fare was over $5095! Yikes! (of course I grabbed the cheaper one). Coming back there was more choice. Also have a good read of the fare conditions as you can still change the flights with Saver fares and it costs a change fee and any fare difference.

15. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to KLM0511 For This Useful Post:

Jiks  (14-08-2014),laned  (17-08-2014),mardicharli  (14-08-2014),Seahorse1xxx  (15-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    MGC Bertie, I know for sure they do intrapids, I emailed Elaine and she told me intrapids is about 3000 rands. You might need to email your coordinator to find out about IVIg. M
    Last edited by Jiks; 14-08-2014 at 23:19.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Jiks For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (15-08-2014)