Closed Thread
Page 33 of 99 FirstFirst ... 2331323334354383 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    PS: MardiCharli: good luck in your hunt. Sounds like we are in the same boat and both as stressed as each other...

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Patsy73 For This Useful Post:

mardicharli  (13-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Patsy - get the CFC to give you the results on the cycle... and only go off what they say. I found out that the agency that we used (Baby2mom) relied on the donor telling them how the cycle went in order to get their information and I didn't feel very comfortable with that.

Dr L R's assistant gave me the results on any of the donors previous cycles listed with them, it was Karin when we did our cycle last year, but I think it's Elaine now? They give you a nice little report which tells you how many eggs were collected, how many fertilized, how many frozen then if a pregnancy resulted.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Rainbowchaser For This Useful Post:

Patsy73  (13-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Patsy73 View Post
    Blinky76: Would you mind me asking who the best person is at CFC to get info re previous donor cycles. I've been trying to get some info from Danelle (who EDSA told me to go to) but no luck, so far. A couple of the other agencies are trying to get some info for me too (should I be worried that they are doing it?) but I don't think they have had much luck either.
    Getting a bit despondent, I'm turning 46 tomorrow and am aware the clock is ticking. Still no word from DR W since I sent over my info and results so I'm wondering what to do next. And a donor who I hesitated about who was probably a good choice in hindsight has gone to another lucky couple so kicking myself for not acting sooner...
    Sorry if it sounds like I'm feeling sorry for myself...
    Hi to all and well done to those who have found their donor!
    Patsy I agree with Rainbow, Use whoever is your nurse coordinator for your chosen Dr @ CFC.
    My Dr is Dr LR and his nurse coordinator is Elaine. And I always CC my dr in all emails. I find I get a better response (faster, more detailed etc)

When I found my top three list (all at the same agency) I emailed my dr, nurse coordinator and cc'd my contact at our donor agency. I told them I had narrowed my choice down (gave them their 'code names' ) and requested more detailed info on previous cycles. My agency then emailed CFC their actual names and then our nurse coordinator sent us detailed info. It was all pretty straight forward.
    Last edited by Blinky76; 13-08-2014 at 18:00.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Blinky76 For This Useful Post:

Patsy73  (13-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    • Sr Heidi Clark, +27 86 672 8937 or heidi@capefertilityclinic.co.za
    (Egg Donation Co-ordinator for Dr Sulaiman Heylen)

• Sr Elaine Brenkman, +27 86 685 7919 or elaine@capefertilityclinic.co.za
    (Egg Donation Co-ordinator for Dr Paul le Roux & Dr Sulaiman Heylen

• Sr Jenny Loverock, +27 86 689 2485 or jennifer@capefertilityclinic.co.za
    (Egg Donation Co-ordinator for Dr Tamtam Matebese & Dr Klaus Wiswedel)

• Sr Cyndi Nel, +27 86 684 7031 or cyndi@capefertilityclinic.co.za
    (Egg Donation Co-ordinator for Dr Klaus Wiswedel)

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Blinky76 For This Useful Post:

laned  (14-08-2014),MGC Bertie  (14-08-2014),Patsy73  (13-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Blinky76 - we should arrange to meet up if we're there at the same time :-)

I'm still waiting on further immune test results with Dr M so I have no idea what my protocol is yet. Did you go through Dr M or just Wazza?

Patsy and Mardicharli I've started the ball rolling with securing donors, it will happen quickly now and not without grey hairs, because I've got them as well over the last few weeks :-)

I went with the Dr H as he responded to my initial enquiry. I'm not worried that it wasnt Dr LR or Dr W as I think they all have good reputations.

Patsy, I received donor results from Cyndi at EDSA, so you have 2 channels to source the info you're after. cyndi@capefertilityclinic.co.za
    Last edited by Miss Sagi; 13-08-2014 at 20:22.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Miss Sagi For This Useful Post:

mardicharli  (13-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Whoops, just noticed Blinky already gave out Cyndi's details :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Miss Sagi - absolutely a plan.. if we are in SA at the same time lets plan a catch up. With our first cycle we caught up with Feather, Emski and January. It was great to meet and swap stories, helped us to not feel 'alone' in our ED journey (no one IRL has done anything even close ) especially so far from home.

Wazza (our FS here in Australia ) has done all my immune protocol. From my extensive research he does everything everyone else does so have been comfortable with that..

Thanks
    Reviews
    We used Sunshine as our agency (Rikki) and she was absolutely wonderful. She met up with us in CT many times during our stay and made the nerve wracking process so much easier to deal wîth. I cannot recommend them highly enough. Dr Heylen was our Dr and he us wonderful too. Explains everything and puts you at ease. We used an unproven 23 year old donor who I hear has gone on to do 2 more successful cycles. She was so great during the process took her role very seriously and was very careful with meds and the whole process so this put us at ease. Our gorgeous son turned 8 months yesterday and he us truly our little ray of sunshine (pardon the pun!). Good luck to all the girls and partners embarking I this journey. It's well worth it xx

Sent from my iPad using The Bub Hub mobile app

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to JoJoD For This Useful Post:

laned  (14-08-2014),mardicharli  (13-08-2014),Patsy73  (14-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yay! Yay! Yay!! We have just reserved our donor!! Phewph!!
    I may yet get some sleep tonight. After all the debating, she ended up being our second choice, but ticked all the boxes and is a proven donor. She's with Sunshine but we decided to go with the donor we liked rather than worry about the agency, and so far Rikki has been great.
    We also sent our paperwork off to Dr W to get that started too. Got so caught up in donor searching we forgot to send all of our medical stuff off to CFC. Hopefully we will still be able to go over in November.
    Patsy73 - I didn't want to say but we temporarily booked a donor on Fri as we heard someone else was considering her. But we said no to her today after some investigating and she's back on the website tonight. Hope she wasn't yours! Hopefully you will find the right one soon..
    Phewph phewph phewph. I so need a drink right now, and I don't drink..

Last edited by mardicharli; 13-08-2014 at 22:22. Reason: Smiley face didn't work..

16. The Following User Says Thank You to mardicharli For This Useful Post:

Patsy73  (14-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yay Mardicharli, well done on booking your donor! Must be such a relief.
    Hope the time goes quickly for you.

As for me, I booked my flights for 18 Sept for my 2nd trip. I am a bit excited again. I also booked the Westin for accommodation - only because I used Starwood points which i have had for ages, so Im pleased to finally get the chance to use them. Another saving! Every bit helps. It's only 2 nights, not there long enough to worry about location, but it is not far from V&A Waterfront too and they have a free shuttle to the waterfront apparently. Really really hoping it works for me this time around.

Hope you are loving Sanbona Luca! I have no doubt!

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to KLM0511 For This Useful Post:

laned  (14-08-2014),mardicharli  (13-08-2014),MGC Bertie  (14-08-2014)