Closed Thread
Page 31 of 101 FirstFirst ... 2129303132334181 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi everyone, hope you're having a great day. Wakey Wakey Tittles - it's transfer day - yay :-)

Re donor selection. I also didn't feel comfortable with EDSA. I didn't feel right that it wasn't openly disclosed as a business interest of CFC.

I used Sunshine and found Rikki delightful and they gave great service. They are a bit more expensive but I found the donor I was looking for through them. My donor was 22 and unproven and was also from Johannesburg. I paid a little extra for her to fly to CT. 15 eggs collected 11 fertilised and 7 blastocysts. One transferred which is my beautiful 4 month old son. Good luck in your searches xxx

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to wishmeluck For This Useful Post:

mardicharli  (11-08-2014),MGC Bertie  (11-08-2014),Patsy73  (11-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    MardiCharlie: Good luck with your search too. I'm finding it quite difficult (and was thrown with the doc's comments re other agencies). Think I'll be dreaming about donors again tonight. I've been focussing on proven donors but having read WishmeLuck's comments, I might have another look at younger first timers as well.
    Tittle: Best wishes for today's transfer.
    Hi to everyone else and thanks for all the helpful advice.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Patsy73 For This Useful Post:

mardicharli  (11-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good luck for your transfer today Tittles.

I've found the donor choosing phsycologically the hardest thing I've done even above doing OE IVF. I'm hoping I get the nod on a donor tomorrow, they're not available until next year so I'll have to be patient.

Go luck to the other girls looking, there sure is a lot of us on the roll call.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Miss Sagi For This Useful Post:

mardicharli  (12-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mardicharli - I remember reading, maybe on the first thread, that there was some negative feedback on Baby2mom, but that was a quite a while ago so things may have changed since then. I can't remember the reason why so maybe go back and have a read. It was because of this I never registered with them. Also, I don't think many people on this forum have used them.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Miss Sagi For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all. 2 healthy embies were successfully transferred today, and looking like another 2 almost as healthy to be put in the freezer. It was pretty cool to see embies on the screen!

Mardicharli - we used baby2mom and had no issues. They kept us updated and were always quick to respond. As Miss Sagi said, i think another forum member was disappointed, i think their cycle had issues and b2m wasnt all that supportive, from memory.

Good luck to all those searching for a donor!

10. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Tittle For This Useful Post:

Biba jani  (13-08-2014),January  (12-08-2014),mardicharli  (12-08-2014),Miss Sagi  (12-08-2014),Patsy73  (12-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congrats Tittle, all the best for you today!

Just wondering those using CFC, how you decided your doctor? Did you select one specifically? I sent them an email when I first had an inkling we would be going this path, and had one of the doctors email me directly. I'm wondering if that means we should stay with them, or if we can pick who we want. Any recommendations on who is the best?

12. The Following User Says Thank You to pinkshootingstar For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Me and Mrs Tittle - congrats on being pupo!! Hope you enjoy the rest of your holiday and the TWW flies by!
    Patsy73, Miss Sagi, Tittle, Mrs ErinR, January, Wish and any others who commented re donors - thank you all so very much for your comments and messages. Greatly appreciated and did help reduce our list a bit. Also reminded me of a few bad experiences others had previously had with some agencies. I am madly reading through the older threads but it is taking soooooo long as I'm taking notes and I'm still only on Thread #2 so not up to date with drs and agencies as yet, but want to book ASAP as we really want to go this year!
    AFM - I am sooooooo annoyed right now! We finally decided on a donor tonight and as we were waiting for a reply from the agency I was flicking through other donor sites and found her listed with another agency. No probs there, except there were a couple of big differences between the information she had posted on each profile. We have asked for clarification but are now wondering which contains the truth. So annoying as she was perfect! Here's hoping we get an answer soon. Been sitting here looking at my computer waiting for an acceptable explanation all night. Now 1am and I can't sleep..
    Whilst everyone is being helpful, I was wondering if anyone had used Dr Matebese as she was the Dr who replied to our initial email? I was hoping to use Dr W or Dr LR as many people haved said they were awesome, but I don't know if it would be rude to email a different dr than the one who contacted us? She looks very friendly in her picture. Anyone dealt with her for their cycle?
    Thanks heaps again for everyone's help. Best of luck to the people still looking. It's so not fun! Xxx

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mardicharli For This Useful Post:

January  (12-08-2014),Miss Sagi  (12-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by pinkshootingstar View Post
    Congrats Tittle, all the best for you today!

Just wondering those using CFC, how you decided your doctor? Did you select one specifically? I sent them an email when I first had an inkling we would be going this path, and had one of the doctors email me directly. I'm wondering if that means we should stay with them, or if we can pick who we want. Any recommendations on who is the best?
    Haha SNAP Pinkshootingstar!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ps Huge thanks for the PM today MrsErinR.. It was very useful and will reply tomorrow. So very very tired now..

Thanks
    Reviews
    mardicharli - it was me who used Baby2mom. We had a few issues. The first being over their statement of "proven donor" on the website. I had only used the filter of proven donors incorrectly thinking that proven meant had resulted in pregnancy, but it just means that they had gone through the egg donation process before. I understand that this happens for most of the agencies so not to label that issue on Baby2mom (but just something everybody searching for a donor needs to be made aware of).

We had also been asked for an additional $150 for petrol for our first donor - we ended up selecting another one because of the non clarification of what a proven donor was deemed to be.

Our issues were with the heartless way in which we were treated when our donor only produced one egg. I got a random email from Jenny saying something along the lines of "we never know what's going to happen with the gametes" and that's where we were dropped like a hot potato. I don't for one minute blame the agency for what happened, but I do blame them for not being more caring of us after the situation we were placed in. Luckily we were with the wonderful Dr LR and had opted in to use the frozen egg bank - as we needed to. Because of the lengths Dr LR went to we now have a beautiful son who is just over 3.5 months old.

The icing on the cake was that after the agency knew we had to use the frozen egg bank, she never even bothered to follow up to see if I was pregnant. This was the thing that probably stuck with me the most, as I realised for the majority of the agencies this is just a cold hard business, but for us it was our last roll of the dice.

Dr LR is the reason we now have a baby boy and I cannot recommend him highly enough. As not only did we have to use the frozen egg bank - but we had to use it twice as the first batch of eggs did not fertilise to his satisfaction, so he called us in to use a second batch from the same frozen donor. Our frozen donor came from Gift ov Life

Good luck with your search.

Hi to everybody else. I read the updates on BH but just dont get as much time to post now that bub is here. All is going well with us. Benjamin is sleeping really well and wakes up ready for more and more fun every day. We love him to bits and are just so grateful to the clinic for everything they did for us.

RB xxx

18. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Rainbowchaser For This Useful Post:

Biba jani  (13-08-2014),laned  (14-08-2014),mardicharli  (12-08-2014),MGC Bertie  (12-08-2014),Miss Sagi  (12-08-2014),Patsy73  (12-08-2014),Sunflower11  (12-08-2014)