Closed Thread
Page 30 of 101 FirstFirst ... 2028293031324080 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Title - sending love and best wishes to you, DW and the FANTASTIC 4. it is such an emotional journey. I was hysterical when we only had two left on day 5, but one of those embies is now our beautiful 15 mth old. Hang in there guys xxx

Luca - may the magic of Africa also be with you. Happy travels Hun. Xx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all.
    Tittle. Best wishes to you and your DW and your four embies. Fingers crossed for day 5.
    Luca: Best wishes for your trip. Hope you have an amazing time.

As for us, we're just about to send all our info off to CFC so we're on our way! I did find the perfect donor yesterday and got quite excited because she ticked so many boxes but unfortunately someone else felt the same way because I got an email back this morning to say she'd just been chosen... Back to the hunt!
    One question if I may: I'm going to email CFC to see if I can find out some more info on donor cycles. Is the IVF nurse Danelle the best contact?
    Many thanks and best wishes to all.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Tittle - good to hear your embies are strong enough for a day 5 Tx, that's always a good sign. Also glad to hear you are enjoying Cape a town and it's surrounds. It's a lovely place and we are definitely looking forward to returning early next year.

Luca: wishing you safe travels and hope you have an awesome time in Cape Town.

Patsy: I think the nurse/contact person is different depending on who your FS is.Ours is Elaine (we are with Dr LR)

AFM: we have started the paperwork process again and are currently working with getting our donor tested in Late Oct for a late January/early February trip to SA.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Blinky76 For This Useful Post:

Patsy73  (10-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Oh dear, I've just had an email back from DR W to say that he was "loathe to use some of the agencies on the SASREG list" and that if I sent him a photo, he'd do a search for us. I've heard that he prefers to use EDSA but am worried that that is going to limit my search if he only looks at the one agency. Worried I've chosen the wrong doc...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Patsy, I was with Dr W and he's great. He definitely prefers EDSA but don't feel as though you are therefore restricted. We considered the donors he recommended from EDSA but chose to go ahead with a donor from elsewhere and it wasn't an issue at all. He has had some negative experiences with particular agencies and doesn't like to work with them, but ultimately it is your choice.

PM me if you want to chat about it.
    Last edited by MrsErinR; 10-08-2014 at 17:21.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MrsErinR For This Useful Post:

mardicharli  (10-08-2014),Patsy73  (10-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    2014 ROLL CALL

RESEARCHING DONOR OPTIONS
    flyer
    laned
    cjhoping11
    Nic1970
    Miss Sagi
    Crystal4431
    Hope for all
    Ophelia1971
    imij
    CAmom
    Patsy73

michdynasty
    Rachel70

williteverhappen
    mayaus
    francesthecat
    Sahndi
    MGCBertie
    Aspire
    Butterfly39
    kellyk77
    Soclose
    Seahorse1
    MardiCharli
    Pinkshootingstar

DONOR SELECTED & CONFIRMED
    Blinky76 (ET Feb)
    my heart (ET ?)
    KLM0511 (FET 19 Sep)

Babydreamer (ET July)
    Makeba (ET Jun)

lister (FET ?)

IN CAPE TOWN FOR DONOR CYCLE

Luca (ET Aug)
    Tittle (ET Aug)

2 WEEK WAIT

Cloggy05 (2x5D)

BFP
    Twowhites (2x5D)
    MrsErinR (1x5D)
    thembs (2x5D)
    Sunflower11 (2x5D)
    GirlFromSydney (2x5D)
    Jacks69

January (2x3D
    )
    Feather (2x5D)
    Emski72 (2x5D)
    ejj87(1x5D)

Angelmama74 (2x5D)

twirlywhirl (2x5D)

GRADUATES
    Pixel - girl 21/5/14
    Rainbowchaser - boy 3/5/14
    Wishmeluck - boy 15/4/14
    Sunny15 - boy 24/3/14
    BJ04 - boy 14/3/14
    Amethyst13 - twin boys 10/3/14
    AllieOop - girl 10/3/14

Anait - boy 8/3/14

Plimpy - boy 7/3/14

Jennilee - girl 5/3/14

2014 STATS

BFP = 12
    BFN =
    (54.55% success rate based on first BT)

Previous year's roll call can be found on thread #4 page #34

9. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to January For This Useful Post:

Biba jani  (13-08-2014),emski72  (10-08-2014),mardicharli  (10-08-2014),MGC Bertie  (10-08-2014),Sunflower11  (11-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Patsy73 View Post
    Oh dear, I've just had an email back from DR W to say that he was "loathe to use some of the agencies on the SASREG list" and that if I sent him a photo, he'd do a search for us. I've heard that he prefers to use EDSA but am worried that that is going to limit my search if he only looks at the one agency. Worried I've chosen the wrong doc...
    Patsy after doing my research I found out about the link between EDSA and CFC. (EDSA is run by Kimenthra who is one of the embryologist's at CFC)
    I always felt the link was a conflict of interest. I know others here don't feel the same but it is exactly the above that made us purposeful in not using them...

Thanks
    Reviews
    It was a thought after our failed donor cycle whether our embies were given the same attention as those from EDSA ...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi girls and guy!
    Congratulations on the 4 super looking embies Tittles. Best of luck for transfer day.
    Boy is this donor searching tricky!
    We are still deciding between 5 donors, but waiting on some info from the agencies re previous donations which will hopefully help reduce our choices.. Hopefully we will decide by tomorrow. I just so want to begin the rest of this process. Dreaming about donors at the moment! We found by putting down some must haves, such as age, previous donations and medical history, it was easy to cut out a lot if we stuck to our decisions. Which is tricky when you find a 33 year old who looks just like you!! Grrr.
    Patsy73 - we have just spent the last 6 hours looking at donors and if you are after a Caucasian donor with proven donations from EDSA and available this year, I think you have a choice of 4! I had heard CFC liked you to use them too but they have very little available this year, so we won't be either.
    We have narrowed down 4 from Nurture, 1 from Sunshine and 1 from Baby2Mom. Anyone have any warnings as why not to use any of these agencies? Might help us.
    Thanks heaps everyone and all the best in your donor search Patsy73. Xxx

13. The Following User Says Thank You to mardicharli For This Useful Post:

Patsy73  (11-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Mr & Mrs Tittle - best of luck for your transfer

To all the donor searchers - I have been to Cape Town twice. In 2013 my first choice donor was 27, unproven and had a low AMH so I had to make a hasty decision and choose another as we were on a schedule. Our second donor was unproven, 26 but with a great AMH. 20 eggs however poor quality were retrieved resulting in a bio-chemical pregnancy.

For our second attempt I spent months and months researching as I was determined to get a proven donor with successful pregnancies. I found her and all was looking good until she made a mistake with her trigger and it all went pear shaped. We ended up being given a choice of only 3 donors from the frozen egg bank to try and salvage our situation. A miracle happened and we are pregnant with one of the frozen egg bank eggs.

I thought I could control and plan to give myself the best chance but in the end stuff can happen which you can't predict. This was my experience and probably quite unusual.

Happy searching ladies and good luck

15. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to January For This Useful Post:

mardicharli  (11-08-2014),MGC Bertie  (11-08-2014),Patsy73  (11-08-2014)