Closed Thread
Page 28 of 101 FirstFirst ... 1826272829303878 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi All,

Mardi Charli - I do hope you have some luck finding your donor soon.

Nic1970 - Welcome! You are in the right place, you will find a wealth of information on here. Yes that will definitely be enough time between January and May. Also with regards to payment, I paid CFC by credit card and paid EDSA via direct international transfer. All was done without incident.
    I am just back from SA and we stayed at an apartment in Green Point. We found this on AirBnb. Great central location.

Hope for All - We just told people we were going for a holiday. Just said that my fiancé had too much leave and was told to take leave. (which is kind of true). Some friends were quite surprised at the location, as its not really a place many people go to, so they thought it was a bit random, but I just said that someone had suggested it and you can say how the exchange rate is amazing so everything is really cheap once you are there. They didn’t wonder why we didn’t go elsewhere in Africa as I just said there was so much to do in Cape Town and we went on Safari to Sanbona which is 3 hrs away, instead of having to fly to Kruger and have to get shots etc. So it all sounded feasible.
    We did get souvenirs for people, but there are heaps of shops at the Waterfront, so one-stop-shop for them.

GirlfromSydney - How lovely that you will be having girls! Congratulations! An exception to the trend it seems.

Luca - Enjoy your amazing Holiday and good luck with the transfer.

Hi to everyone else.

AFM, I have signed the consent forms and will be heading back to SA for transfer on 19th September (pending appointment confirmation of course). So will need to apply for a couple of days leave. Gosh, so soon after the last lot. Will have to think of an excuse. It’s only 2 days so shouldn’t be too hard. I’ll be nice and tired on the Monday! All worth it. Fingers crossed it works this 2nd time around.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KLM0511 For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (05-08-2014),Nic1970  (04-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Good work and good luck KLM!

we arrived in cape town yesterday and had our first appointment with Dr LR today. All good so far, egg retrieval on wednesday.

Rained most of the day! We managed to walk to the city from near V&A waterfront and catch a train to claremont/cfc (cfc is about 5 mins walk from the station) Wasnt the most fun thing due to the rain but cheaper than a cab ($4).

good luck to everyone ( still havnt caught up with bubhub or where everyone is up to due to bad internet)

i did see someone asked about method of payment. We initially did credit card but did the remainder by direct deposit, the later was a lot cheaper ($24 flat rate).

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Tittle For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (05-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hope for all we told only a select few (limited family) the truth but for everyone else we just told them we were doing IVF treatment overseas. For most they were just shocked we considered going OS for treatment and asked about quality of care more than anything.
    Since returning more have been told the entire truth (as DH can't keep a secret to save his life!) . We also came to a form of acceptance too I think, that our choice is our choice and if people have a problem with it, it's their problem not ours.
    So far we haven't had the judgement we were expecting. If they have strong opinions about what we are doing they certainly haven't expressed them. But plenty of our 'friends' (acquaintances / colleagues) just think we went on a holiday. After all we had plenty of time in Cape Town to get great photos.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Blinky76 For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (05-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all

I'm back after a long hiatus. I see there are lots of BFPs and congratulate all the ladies lucky enough to finally be expecting their babies. To those who have not had such luck, my heart goes out to you and I hope you don't give up. Finally to those in SA or still leading up to their donor cycle, I hope you have success soon.

Some of you may recall that a while back I was researching donor options. Well since then I whipped through another 3 rounds of IVF/ICSI all to no avail. I think that makes 11 rounds all up in just over 2 years, I'm exhausted.

We are now ready to stop wasting our time, energy and money with my eggs and move to donor eggs. I have made enquiries with a number of agencies and my preferred donor is with donorlife. Does anyone have firsthand experience using this agency? The lady I've dealt with, Glenda, has been very helpful and responsive but I'm interested in your testimonials if possible.

Many thanks in advance for you help.

X

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks again to everybody for all their advice, I don't think I could even have contemplated going to SA without finding this source of support. Invaluable.

Nic1970: Welcome. Definitely worth going back through all the 'egg donation in South Africa' threads if you've got the time as there is a wealth of information there.

Luca: Have a good flight and fingers crossed for a great holiday and successful outcome in SA.

Tittle: Hope things continue to go well for you and your DW in SA (and that the sun comes out!)

KLM: Well done on booking your return trip.

Best wishes to everyone else.

9. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Patsy73 For This Useful Post:

KLM0511  (05-08-2014),Nic1970  (06-08-2014),Tittle  (06-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by williteverhappen View Post
    Hi all

I'm back after a long hiatus. I see there are lots of BFPs and congratulate all the ladies lucky enough to finally be expecting their babies. To those who have not had such luck, my heart goes out to you and I hope you don't give up. Finally to those in SA or still leading up to their donor cycle, I hope you have success soon.

Some of you may recall that a while back I was researching donor options. Well since then I whipped through another 3 rounds of IVF/ICSI all to no avail. I think that makes 11 rounds all up in just over 2 years, I'm exhausted.

We are now ready to stop wasting our time, energy and money with my eggs and move to donor eggs. I have made enquiries with a number of agencies and my preferred donor is with donorlife. Does anyone have firsthand experience using this agency? The lady I've dealt with, Glenda, has been very helpful and responsive but I'm interested in your testimonials if possible.

Many thanks in advance for you help.

X
    I think @MrsErinR was using them at one point. She'll pop in here today I'm sure
    Em x

Sent from my GT-P5110 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Emski, MrsErinR and I have been in touch via PM. Congrats on your pregnancy by the way, I hope you're keeping well and enjoying it :-)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I agree with Patsy73, if I didn't have this community I would have been very scared about the thought of going to SA for an egg donor. Everyone here makes me more confident.

I have contacted a few agencies and have started looking at donors - Is it normal for a donor to be registered with a few agencies? Does this cause complications with the scheduling?

I had never heard of Airbnb - thanks for that advice

Good luck to all you lovely ladies

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Nic1970 For This Useful Post:

KLM0511  (06-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Nic they are not supposed to be with more than one agency at a time, but my #2 choice was... I figured if I had to use her I'd go with the cheaper agency lol. You can ask CFC directly for results from the donors and they will also (apparently) tell you if they have cycled with them before - how many cycles and stats so I'd double check with them once you have your sights set on someone. They apparently are quite helpful in that regard ( I say apparently because I didn't do it myself but others have).

Em x

15. The Following User Says Thank You to emski72 For This Useful Post:

Nic1970  (06-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by emski72 View Post
    Nic they are not supposed to be with more than one agency at a time, but my #2 choice was... I figured if I had to use her I'd go with the cheaper agency lol. You can ask CFC directly for results from the donors and they will also (apparently) tell you if they have cycled with them before - how many cycles and stats so I'd double check with them once you have your sights set on someone. They apparently are quite helpful in that regard ( I say apparently because I didn't do it myself but others have).

Em x
    Nic I did this. I just emailed CFC and asked about previous cycles for particular donors. I CC'd the agency so that they could converse with them as to the donors real name to know which file. (CFC don't know then by their profile name/codes)
    Then the nurse at CFC emailed me back with the details.
    In my case It was very informative and helped clear up which donor to chose. (Her previous results helped her 'stand out')

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Blinky76 For This Useful Post:

Nic1970  (06-08-2014)