Closed Thread
Page 26 of 101 FirstFirst ... 1624252627283676 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Sooz - I was successful on my first donor cycle after 8 unsuccessful OE cycles. Sebastian is now 5 months old and brings joy to me every day!

i hope you are successful with your next try. You are one strong lady to have gone through 18 cycles of IVF!

Hello and best wishes to everyone else.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to BJ04 For This Useful Post:

Sooz07  (02-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies,
    Very sorry to read of the recent BFNs - hang in there, keep believing your time will come.
    And for those with a BFP - congratulations!
    Regarding donors - for our second ( positive) cycle we chose an older donor - 28 - as we were advised they tend to have more consistent cycles. She is also a mother and we felt she'd have a more stable home life, take the meds at the right time etc. And she was proven - three times from 5 cycles plus her own two kids. She looks nothing like me but I was prepared to prioritise her history and proven quality over similarities - we plan to say the babies take after their Dad if the twins really look nothing like me!
    AFM: we had our 20 wk morph scan this week - 2 boys! Healthy and doing what they should..But we did have a bit of a scare though - the scan picked up that I have a short cervix thanks to a previous surgery so I need to be monitored even more closely as I am at risk of pre-term labour. No exercise or over-doing it and even more monitoring. Seems nothing of this journey is straightforward - but happy to be half way there - on the downhill slide now. Keep counting down the milestones to reach 24wks, then 28, 32......etc.
    Blinky - how's the hubby travelling?
    Best wishes to everyone else xx

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Feather For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (02-08-2014),Patsy73  (02-08-2014),Sunflower11  (02-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Sooz and Hope hang in there. It's so hard when we've all been through numerous failed OE cycles before moving to donor cycles. If it helps, I too had success with first DE cycle and one embryo transferred from an unproven 22 year old donor. I also have a friend who was successful first time from DE in Cape Town and is now 14 weeks pregnant. On this day last year I was flying to South Africa! My son is now 15 weeks. I hope his smile brings you joy and luck xxxImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1406930526.829299.jpg
    Last edited by wishmeluck; 02-08-2014 at 09:09.

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to wishmeluck For This Useful Post:

Biba jani  (11-08-2014),MGC Bertie  (02-08-2014),Patsy73  (02-08-2014),Sooz07  (02-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    There seem to be a lot of boys born from DE cycles!? How many othrrs are having/have had a girl?
    Feather congratulations on finding out the gender...so exciting! Sorry to hear about your cervix though (that's something you don't normally say in everyday conversation is it?) But good they are onto it early
    Em x

Sent from my GT-P5110 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks all for the advice on choosing a donor. I'm finding it a bit stressful, to be honest. Fingers crossed, she is out there.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm also struggling to find an egg donor. Have been looking for around 6wks and find it so overwhelming, somedays I just mentally shutdown and can't even look at the profiles, I think now if I had of pushed through and looked for a donor day and night about a month ago, I would be going ahead this year, but as the other girls said, most donors aren't available until next year now.

I find it ironic that I've chosen sperm donors a few times now and each time I've chosen a donor in about a15mins, but eggies as it turns out are a different kettle of fish, I guess your looking for a little bit of yourself in them.

Anyway, to girls on the search, we'll get there in the end, we might just have to find a little patience with the timing.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Em - in my many thousands of hours of research (maybe a slight exaggeration) during my OE cycles I read that IVF does result in a higher percentage of boys than you get with natural conception. Looking at January's current and previous roll calls we certainly seem to confirm this stat! I haven't done the maths (not my strong point) but I think we are definately running at higher than 56% for boys. Here is a snippet from an article on Essential Baby in 2010:

'IVF, which has boomed in Australia in the past 10 years, is skewing gender rates so much that scientists have issued a plea to clinicians to warn parents of the potential outcome.

About 300,000 babies are born in Australia each year - with nature producing slightly more boys than girls (51.5 per cent). But for women having standard IVF, where the embryo is incubated for five days, that probability rises to 56.1 per cent.

Patients undergoing intracytoplasmic sperm insemination (ICSI), where one sperm is selected and injected into an egg, are significantly more likely to have girls, while freshly created embryos, as opposed to those frozen and thawed, are more likely to be male.

In research published today in the British Journal of Obstetrics and Gynaecology, experts from the University of NSW analysed 13,368 births from fertility clinics in Australia and New Zealand but were still unclear as to how the procedures skewed gender, said the lead researcher, Jishan Dean.

One possibility was that more male embryos were chosen for transfer because their cells multiplied more quickly, she said. Other studies suggested that male embryos coped better in the cultures and incubators used to grow them.'

What I find interesting in this is that it says ICSI skews the sex in favour of girls. I have read on here that CFC are supposed to use ICSI but I never asked them myself and we are certainly not getting 'significantly more' girls...

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BJ04 For This Useful Post:

mardicharli  (02-08-2014),Sunflower11  (02-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    That's interesting data BJ04 :-) CFC did ICSI on all of my donor eggs and I had a boy, but what's to say the 6 that are frozen may all be girls :-)

13. The Following User Says Thank You to wishmeluck For This Useful Post:

mardicharli  (02-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am pregnant with twins and at about 13 wks scan they said that looks like i am having two girls! Well, will know better at 19 weeks scan

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GirlFromSydney For This Useful Post:

mardicharli  (02-08-2014),Sunflower11  (03-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    My Mums group has 5 babies born from IVF and 4 are boys! My FS told me there is a slightly greater chance of having a boy with IVF but I don't mind at all, love my little man.
    Last edited by mardicharli; 02-08-2014 at 23:48.