Closed Thread
Page 25 of 99 FirstFirst ... 1523242526273575 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    oh KLM it is hard....do all those things you are not supposed to do...!!!
    it's great that you are getting back on the horse...!!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to myheart For This Useful Post:

KLM0511  (30-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    KLM0511 - so sad that it didn't work out for you this time! You have an amazing attitude. Take care of yourself and best of luck 2nd time around

4. The Following User Says Thank You to January For This Useful Post:

KLM0511  (30-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    KLM - sorry to hear your news. Take care and wishing you all the best for next time .

I'm still in the search for a donor and starting to stress a little due time restraints. Has anyone been able to choose a donor and organise a cycle within 8 weeks ?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to cjhoping11 For This Useful Post:

KLM0511  (30-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello lovely ladies (and gent!)
    KLM: Hope you're doing ok.
    Tittle: Good luck with your upcoming trip to CT. Fingers crossed for you and your DW.
    I've got a query about timing, if I may. I was looking through the donor profiles at EDSA and a lot (and these are unproven ones too) don't seem to be available until early next year which seems a long time to wait. Is that normal?
    And if I chose someone from another agency who was available now, assuming that the testing went ok, what kind of rough time frame would I be looking at to go to CT? Just trying to get my head around how long this all takes (and really want to get on with it as I'm 45 and not getting any younger...
    Thanks all.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Patsy73 For This Useful Post:

KLM0511  (30-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    KLM - So sorry to read your news Hun. I love your tenacity and take great inspiration from your endurance and strong spirit.

Patsy - My understanding is if yourself and the donor are both on the OCP, you could organise a DE cycle within a couple of months. I aimed for 3 months. All the very best.

Title - Yay. Wow, that time came around fast. Just remember magic happens in Africa.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to laned For This Useful Post:

KLM0511  (30-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Patsy and CJhoping, it was just about 4 -5 weeks for me between donor selection and transfer. Not by choice, as we lost our previous donor and had to find a new one fast to keep to our dates. The agency and CFC really helped to rush things through for us given the issues with our initial donor.

My point here is, things can happen really fast :-)

ETA, obviously I was already on meds so that adds some extra time.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to MrsErinR For This Useful Post:

Patsy73  (31-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Patsy and CJHoping we too worked with a short timeframe to organise our first trip to SA. Our first chosen donor had her initial screening and was found not to be suitable and so we were left to 'pick again'. Our second donor was selected in the last week of January and we were in SA in March for the cycle. I wasn't on any Meds (OCP) until a month before cycling. From memory when I asked the question of both the clinic and our agency their response was they can work with a 6-8 week time frame.
    With regards to the reason why many donors aren't available until early next year... My understanding is that a lot of the younger donors are 'recruited' from the university and do cycles in their semester breaks to help pay for their studies. With our newest donor, I had asked to have the cycle in late October or November but was told that she wasn't available due to uni commitments. We finally settled on February as she wasn't keen on a December cycle and our doctor is off for all of January.

It's probably also important to remember that the doctors all take some leave over the Christmas period with a skeleton staff in January. As a result I have demanded my donor get her screening done early November so that I have time to get flights etc booked without paying top $$ like our previous cycle.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Blinky76 For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (31-07-2014),Patsy73  (31-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    i gotta say this donor choosing is really difficult. We haven't progressed anywhere in our donor journey as I'm still trying to lock one in. It seems a "proven" donor doesn't mean much because my first choice was 24 & a proven donor, I was awaiting for her current cycle with someone else to be completed before they ask her if she'll donate to me & was told her cycle was unsuccessful with no eggs retrieved. So they're taking her off their list. I keep thinking what if that was my cycle, I would have been devastated!
    Then with my 2nd choice, she was quite young & an unproven donor & had just finished completing a cycle but was told no viable embryos, so she'll be taken off the list aswell.
    Again, what if they cycle was mine? So scary. Even with my very low ovarian reserve I still got eggs & a couple of viable embryos, thanks to my husbands excellent sperm quality. But these girls were so young & doing worse.
    i have to keep searching for a donor & just take the risk I guess. Maybe we'll get a good one. Not many are available towards the end of this year though, most are for next year, so we have to re-assess what we want to do. Hmm...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies,

I hope you don't mind me jumping in. I have not used BubHub much since the birth of my daughter 3 years ago and many failed cycles and miscarriages since trying for number 2. But I'm hoping to hear some encouraging feedback on donor egg cycles. We did our first this month and it failed and I am surprised at how gutted I am..... as is my husband. I guess we foolishly thought it would work 1st time. Would you mind sharing your stories and how many times you had to try before success? It would definitely help to lift my spirits and I know it would my husband's also. Thanks in advance. x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Hope for all - you can ask for AMH to be tested at a small extra cost. And if in the event that it is your cycle in SA that there are no eggs at retrieval - CFC offer the option to 'opt in' to their egg bank service, which means basically should your donor get over 15 eggs you donate the excess over 15 to the egg bank program and keep your 15. If your cycle is a bust with your donor and you get no eggs, you get the option to use a donor from the frozen egg bank. The caveat is that you have to 'opt' in before your donor goes for egg pick up.

thanks
    Em

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to emski72 For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (02-08-2014),Patsy73  (02-08-2014)