Plimpy - boy 7/3/14

Jennilee - girl 5/3/14

2014 STATS

BFP = 12
    BFN =
    (57.14% success rate based on first BT)

Previous year's roll call can be found on thread #4 page #34

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to January For This Useful Post:

laned  (22-07-2014),Sunflower11  (21-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    January... thanks for the roll call. I'm always interest in the stats, and am encouraged by those of you who get a BFN in SA on the first try, but have the courage to go back and try a second time, and it seems with some successes.

AFM... I 5dp6dt with my sister's donor egg/anon donor sperm embie :-) I feel nothing, so am already thinking and making plans. I have two more frosties that I would use if this doesn't take, thinking Aug + Sep, so then will plan to go to SA about December/January. Trying to keep busy and read all these lovely positive stories to spur me on :-))

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MGC Bertie For This Useful Post:

emski72  (19-07-2014),January  (21-07-2014),Sunflower11  (21-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi MGC Bertie - I really hope it works with your sister's eggs and have my fingers crossed for you. SA is a great back up plan that most of us would highly recommend.

KLM0511 - hope you are staying sane during the 2WW. Your cycle sounded text book perfect so fingers crossed for some good news soon.

Luca & Tittle - not long for you both. You are going to love Cape Town.

Laned - I think you asked about single embryo transfers. As I take a keen interest in the stats I can say that the success with single embryo transfers is very good. Obviously it goes without saying that the quality of the embryo transferred has a lot to do with it.

I looked into TWEB as well last year but decided it was way too pricey and at the time it was very new here in Australia so success rates were not available.

AFM - 18 weeks tomorrow and it's a boy

Baby dust to all

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to January For This Useful Post:

KLM0511  (21-07-2014),laned  (22-07-2014),Luca  (22-07-2014),MGC Bertie  (20-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone

MGC Bertie - I too really hope it works with your sisters eggs. But it is good to know you have another plan if it doesn't.

CJ Hoping & Patsy - good luck with your planning and choosing a donor. I hope you find the perfect donors.

KLM - congrats on having 2 blasties on board! I hope your 2WW is going well and you come home with a little extra baggage

Well we leave 3 weeks today. Had a scare on Friday when I realised my passport still had my maiden name on it!! I forgot to get it changed over when I got married 3 years ago. So re-applied for a new one & they said it will take 10 working days maximum. Geez that could have thrown a major spanner in the works... and the only reason I noticed was the hotel we have booked wanted a copy that is when I realised! Oh well all good now.

Hi to everyone else.

8. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Luca For This Useful Post:

KLM0511  (21-07-2014),laned  (22-07-2014),MGC Bertie  (21-07-2014),Patsy73  (20-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all,

MGC Bertie, I really hope it works for you this time. Don't give up just yet, still early.

Thanks for the roll call January, and congratulations again to you - time is certainly ticking by!

All those heading over to SA shortly, wow, you are going to have the holiday of a lifetime. It is so awesome over here. We both love it so much. We only have a few more days left, (we leave on Wed). We just got back from Sanbona and WOW, is all I can say. It is worth the money (my older post from before I left - I forgot it was "per person" not per room. So it was about $315 each per night (we stayed 2 nights) but that includes the awesome room at Tilney Manor and all meals which are so delicious, and all drinks. Oh, and of course 4 game drives over the weekend. We got to see just about every animal and are still buzzing. Dr Wisweidel recommended it too. It was a great way to celebrate our 5th Anniversary together.

So for those asking about my 2WW, I haven't had time to worry and stress as we have been doing so much. I was good and rested for a day and a half, but then right back to enjoying our day. Nothing strenuous, just driving around or on the hop on hop off bus etc.

I received an email from the clinic advising what the status was on the number of embryos they got to freeze - it was 12!!
    Day 5: 1xB4AA; 3xB3AA; 3xB2; 2xPreblastocysts
    Day 6: 1xB4AA; 1xB3AA; 1xB2

So if it doesn't work this time, I seem to have some good ones to fall back on.

Take care everyone.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to KLM0511 For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (21-07-2014),Patsy73  (22-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Great result KLM! Enjoy your last days in Cape Town.

Em x

12. The Following User Says Thank You to emski72 For This Useful Post:

KLM0511  (21-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    KLM.... congrats on being pupo and having 12 fabulous blasties!! They're just numbers that we never imagined with our own eggs, were they? Fantastic news. I so hope this works for you xx

14. The Following User Says Thank You to MGC Bertie For This Useful Post:

KLM0511  (21-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Woohoo @Seahorse1 it's all systems go finally!

16. The Following User Says Thank You to emski72 For This Useful Post:

Seahorse1xxx  (21-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Just sticking my nose in to say hello. KLM how do your Day 5/6 stats relate to your 12 frosties or don't they? Either way, congratulations! You must be delighted.

Seahorse, love your name - I have a seahorse tattoo. All the best with your venture. I know what you mean about the donor. I don't have the means at the moment but looked at a few donor sites and found my perfect donor in the first few minutes. I'd definitely look for her again. I said on another forum that finding your perfect donor is something special and I think it really is.

Luca, look after yourself! I hope you have no more scares. I almost missed my flight to Barbados because my itinerary had on the front that I was flying on a certain date, when actually my flight left the night before. If I hadn't gone into Flight centre to ask them to print my boarding pass it would have been the biggest disaster. My heart was still pounding when I first sat on the plane hours later.

Having seen people on 3 different forums look into TWEB, I wouldn't recommend it. The success rates still aren't great and when you consider it costs far more than a venture to South Africa, let alone finding a donor in Australia via Egg Donation Australia, I don't know why anyone would use them.

AFM: Had my Net Medical Expenses rebate knocked back as I was under the threshold last year. Serious bummer as that is almost $600 I'm missing out on because of the new rule. I have been forgetting my thyroid meds for a few weeks and got tested last week and my levels have really dived so no weightloss either and apparently that is what is causing the carpal tunnel I've been getting. All comes at once doesn't it? I just paid the re-hire on my treadmill and have had a suspicious mole removed and am now advised I must not use it for two weeks and no yoga either. Aaaagh.

All the best to wherever you are all at in your journey and a special shout-out to DJShears. Hope you are much, much better.

I belong to several forums and can honestly say this particular thread is noticeably supportive and generally all-round nice.

18. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Net3811 For This Useful Post:

Luca  (22-07-2014),MGC Bertie  (21-07-2014),Seahorse1xxx  (21-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Net3811 View Post
    Just sticking my nose in to say hello. KLM how do your Day 5/6 stats relate to your 12 frosties or don't they? Either way, congratulations! You must be delighted.

Seahorse, love your name - I have a seahorse tattoo. All the best with your venture. I know what you mean about the donor. I don't have the means at the moment but looked at a few donor sites and found my perfect donor in the first few minutes. I'd definitely look for her again. I said on another forum that finding your perfect donor is something special and I think it really is.

Luca, look after yourself! I hope you have no more scares. I almost missed my flight to Barbados because my itinerary had on the front that I was flying on a certain date, when actually my flight left the night before. If I hadn't gone into Flight centre to ask them to print my boarding pass it would have been the biggest disaster. My heart was still pounding when I first sat on the plane hours later.

Having seen people on 3 different forums look into TWEB, I wouldn't recommend it. The success rates still aren't great and when you consider it costs far more than a venture to South Africa, let alone finding a donor in Australia via Egg Donation Australia, I don't know why anyone would use them.

AFM: Had my Net Medical Expenses rebate knocked back as I was under the threshold last year. Serious bummer as that is almost $600 I'm missing out on because of the new rule. I have been forgetting my thyroid meds for a few weeks and got tested last week and my levels have really dived so no weightloss either and apparently that is what is causing the carpal tunnel I've been getting. All comes at once doesn't it? I just paid the re-hire on my treadmill and have had a suspicious mole removed and am now advised I must not use it for two weeks and no yoga either. Aaaagh.

All the best to wherever you are all at in your journey and a special shout-out to DJShears. Hope you are much, much better.

I belong to several forums and can honestly say this particular thread is noticeably supportive and generally all-round nice.
    Hi Net,
    The 5/6 day stats are the frosties. So the 2 transferred would have been the best ones.