Closed Thread
Page 19 of 99 FirstFirst ... 917181920212969 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Great news KLM. Congrats! Now the dreaded waiting part!!!

Patsy, my doctor just posted them to me so I could scan them but they got caught up in the mail. So, they ended up just faxing them direct to CFC for me. Seriously, who has fax machines other than doctors these days!?

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MrsErinR For This Useful Post:

KLM0511  (17-07-2014),Patsy73  (17-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    KLM - Such wonderful news and excellent results on the frozen front too. Congrats on being PUPO. XX

Ms Erin - thank you for your kind words. I am sorry to read about your situation re the fibroids, but all good things to come for you with your beautiful little person growing inside you now. Yay re last Gestone. I was on it until 12 weeks a friend reminded me of that the other day. Funny how when bub comes along one seems to forget!!

Title - here's the start of wonderful things for you both.

My heart - thanks for the update re TWEB.

Patsy - welcome Hun. Wishing you the very best with your DE journey. Like those before me, we scan and emailed all medical docs together in the one PDF doc.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to laned For This Useful Post:

KLM0511  (17-07-2014),Patsy73  (17-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well, I'm back from my GP and have my referrals for my blood tests and ultrasound! Feel relieved (for some reason I thought she may refuse) and a little bit excited that I'm finally on my way.
    One thing she queried: is there a particular time in the cycle to do the pelvic ultrasound? I'm going to email CFC but wondered if anybody here knew?
    Thanks all for your help.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Not that I recall Patsy, it's just to check all is normal, to see if there is any scarring etc.
    Em x

7. The Following User Says Thank You to emski72 For This Useful Post:

Patsy73  (17-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi .. I am new to this site and just wanted to thank all of you for sharing your stories. I have just made the decision to use donor eggs and really appreciate all the information on this site.
    I am in the process of selecting a donor and notice that quite a few are smokers and was wondering if anyone would be willing to share if they had selected a donor that smokes and had received a positive result.
    Thank you again and wishing you all success.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Patsy, you need to do it early in your cycle. First time my FS miscalculated the days and i went for scan on day 10, it was too late, next time he said to come even if i was still spotting, i think it was day 5. Because of that i had to wait for 1 month to get ok to book my trip

10. The Following User Says Thank You to GirlFromSydney For This Useful Post:

Patsy73  (17-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Cjhoping, our donor was a smoker and i am pregnant from first cycle from her with twins! I thought, ok, there 3 people involved in the process: me and my husband are both non-smokers, and 1 donor girl is a smoker, our non-smoking status should help with healthy pregnancy and healthy baby(babies)

12. The Following User Says Thank You to GirlFromSydney For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (17-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by GirlFromSydney View Post
    Patsy, you need to do it early in your cycle. First time my FS miscalculated the days and i went for scan on day 10, it was too late, next time he said to come even if i was still spotting, i think it was day 5. Because of that i had to wait for 1 month to get ok to book my trip
    I don't recall what day I had it but I'm pretty sure they said it didn't matter what date as it was just a general pelvic ultrasound rather that one to count follicles, check lining etc. Anyway, obviously GFS had a different experience, so a good idea to ask.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My FS was checking if there any abnormalities etc my ovaries are pretty much undeveloped, nothing to count there i think its better to get advise from CFC what type of scan they need.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Patsy - Great news that your GP was able to assist. As for scans, I believe the initial scan the SA clinics want is to establish whether you have any uterine lesions (polyps or fibroids) which may impact on a pregnancy. A polyp acts like a natural IUD changing the pH of the uterus. You will then need later scans before you go to ensure your lining is the right thickness to support a pregnancy.

CJHoping - welcome Hun and wishing you the very best of success. Our donor was a smoker and whilst we ended up with two good looking blasts, we had nothing to freeze. We were blessed to get a little boy from the cycle. I have spoken to our local FS, who has told us to choose a non-smoker for any future ED or insist they give up 3 months prior to their EPU. I don't know how you would enforce that! He believes smoking oxidises the eggs. That said, as per GFS, it does take 3 in the mix and we have our beautiful little man and she is pregnant with twins (woooohoooo). However, If I do happen to go again, I will choose a non-smoker this time, as the seed of doubt has now been planted for me!!!

16. The Following User Says Thank You to laned For This Useful Post:

Patsy73  (18-07-2014)