Closed Thread
Page 18 of 99 FirstFirst ... 816171819202868 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi all

The Today Show is broadcasting weather reports from SA this week. They are going to be at Sanbona tomorrow if anyone's interested.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MrsErinR For This Useful Post:

KLM0511  (15-07-2014),laned  (14-07-2014),Luca  (15-07-2014),Missleo  (14-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Girls, you all are such champions for sharing your stories and answering my Qus.
    Twowhites - Congratulations Hun. I am so happy for you. Can't wait to hear your update. Thank you so much for recounting your fly in fly out times. It is very helpful.

Pinkshootingstar - welcome Hun. I hope you find every bit of success on your journey and that your dreams are realised.

Sunflower - how funny, I had 2 good looking embies and the 3rd remaining they were going to trow away. I was really pushing for them to TF all 3, but DH and Dr encouraged me not to.

Myheart - My heart goes out to you my dear. I can't even begin to imagine what you are going through right now. However, I am pleased you are both considering further options as you deserve that ray of sunshine.

I am indeed in the process of making a decision about whether to complete another full donor cycle with the aim of giving our gorgeous little man a sibling. That said, we have a lot of obstacles in the way, so am still in the midst of making a decision.

As as I have written before, I had to have a rare classical C Section (vertical incision). This means that I would not be encouraged to have a twin pregnancy due to risk of uterine rupture. If I were to fall with twins, I have been told I would be hospitalised from 30 weeks and placed on prophylactic Nifedipine. If I fall with a singleton, I would be delivered at 35/36 weeks via CSection or on first sign of any uterine contractions which ever came first. I also have the extra added obstacle of Grave's following our son's respiratory arrest, but thankfully that looks to be finally stabilising after over a year on meds. My endocrinologist has advised that she would be able to put me on a more pregnancy friendly medication if I were to go for another DE cycle.

Added in to the mix, is that our wonderful donor is no longer available due to studying in Germany and I am having a bit of a mind spin about not giving William a full genetic sibling. A few of my wonderful friends have noted the notion of family will have dramatically changed when our children grow up and that they will know how much they were loved and wanted, so it shouldn't be an issue. That said, I am sure we can all attest to having those freak out moments about what our children may think of our choices when they are older.

So at this time, I would be returning in either Oct/Nov for a full DE cycle. I will have to go through the motions of choosing another donor, then TF one emby and will be travelling alone as we have left DH frozen sperm in CT and he will stay at home with our little man. So I am definitely open to any potential travel buddies.

As for the ladies considering TWEB. Not wanting to add to the confusion, but I have a dear IVF Warrior friend who completed 12 IVF cycles using her own eggs and is now pregnant with twins from TWEB. They opted to purchase 3 extra eggs, so had 9 in total and from memory it cost them $29K. So it is significantly dearer than SA. She did say the process took forever (over 12 months) and that they did not have any frosties.

I have decided against TWEB as I did not think it would be fair on William to have a sibling who could have the option of finding out their DE identity when he cannot. Plus the cost is significantly higher.

Following from Blinky, I am also one of the infamous Wazza's girls and can say he is a straight shooting, no holds barred fellow, that truly has his patients (and not $) as his motivation.

Thank you you to the ladies who have provided feedback about your pregnancies you are gems. Xxx
    Last edited by laned; 14-07-2014 at 23:31.

4. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to laned For This Useful Post:

BJ04  (17-07-2014),Blinky76  (15-07-2014),MGC Bertie  (15-07-2014),pinkshootingstar  (15-07-2014),Sunflower11  (15-07-2014),Twowhites  (15-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies,

I saw my doctor today and asked if TWEB results have improved. She said they have changed their freezing technique and the results have been better. They still highly stimulate the donors.
    The Australian transfers now are at 40%+ confirmed pregnancy rates. This includes the poorer results when they first started. Still not as high as a fresh transfer but it is getting better. Plus some of the recipients are over 48 years old which may affect the outcome.
    Some of the younger donors have had surprisingly poor results. Some older (25 - 29 year olds) donors have had better results. We are looking a proven donor instead of age.
    If you want to receive the eggs quicker you can purchase "banked eggs". Once the (very high) fees are paid, they can be shipped and arrive in Australia in about 5 days.
    If you are thinking of using TWEB eggs I suggest filling in all the paper work as Australian customs and Monash have some waiting periods for forms, etc... You don't have to pay the fee until you chose a donor or the banked eggs. Hope this helps...!

6. The Following User Says Thank You to myheart For This Useful Post:

laned  (16-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Laned, good luck with whatever you decide to do. FWIW, our decision to do a single transfer was for the same reason as I have a uterine scar (horizontal though) from Fibroid surgery so there is a rupture risk for me too. I really thought about transferring 2 but I read a lot of things that gave me comfort with transferring one. DH was happy too as he was worried about the risks.

I'll be having an elective c-section, like you, for this reason.

Exciting news here tonight....I just had my last Gestone injection. Woohoo! I will not miss that stuff.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MrsErinR For This Useful Post:

laned  (16-07-2014),thembs  (16-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Woohoo! I know the feeling. I (DW) took my last OCP today! So glad i dont have to take them anymore (next up synarel nasal spray)

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Tittle For This Useful Post:

laned  (16-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all, I had my transfer today. All went well. Two excellent full 5 day blasts. The doctor was very happy with them. I have probably about another 6 to freeze (guessing as they said it was hard to tell but doc estimated 6 or 8).

Having a rest which is nice as we have been doing so much!

Fingers crossed!
    Hope everyone is well.

12. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to KLM0511 For This Useful Post:

laned  (16-07-2014),MGC Bertie  (16-07-2014),Patsy73  (16-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Klm - good luck! Sounds great!!

Wishmeluck - woohoo congrats! Going for a second is something we have on the back burner right now. We haven't made any decisions yet but we have 4 frosties in CT so we do have options. It's going to be a tough decision - we love our daughter so much and would like to give her a sib but she has a cousin very close in age that she sees often. Also, it's hard! I'm not sure if we can easily handle a toddler and a newborn - something I've realized from looking after both cousins at once. Financially, too, I know we'll be better providers for one vs two. And then I think of those embies and who they might be ... Sigh. It's a tough decision.

Laned - we transferred 2, got pregnant with twins, but lost one at 8 weeks.

Hello to everyone else - sorry on my phone so personals are hard.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AllieOop For This Useful Post:

KLM0511  (16-07-2014),laned  (16-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Wow klm... Such amazing results...!! Fingers crossed for those two beautiful blasts..!

16. The Following User Says Thank You to myheart For This Useful Post:

KLM0511  (16-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello all.
    Well, I'm off to the see my GP tomorrow to (hopefully) get those initial blood tests and ultrasound organised. Silly question, but how did everyone get the results over to CT? Did you ask your GP for a copy of the results and then scan in? Or send paperwork by snail mail?
    Thanks for any help you can give.
    Baby dust to all!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Patsy ask for a copy then scan to CFC
    EM X

19. The Following User Says Thank You to emski72 For This Useful Post:

Patsy73  (16-07-2014)