Closed Thread
Page 15 of 101 FirstFirst ... 513141516172565 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Myheart, I'm so sorry about your news. Time to indulge for a while.

KLM, good luck on your journey, enjoy yourself.

Luca, congratulations on your milestone, hopefully the time goes quick from now.

Thembs, congratulations on your news. Seems to be lots of twins lately.

MrsErin, I've read a few threads and bleeding with a BFP seems to be the rage lately, but everyone seems to be on track so hang in there.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Miss Sagi For This Useful Post:

Luca  (09-07-2014),thembs  (07-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all.
    My heart Sorry to hear your news. Take care.

Thembs. Great news.

KLM Have a good trip, fingers crossed for you.

Thinking of everyone else at whatever stage of the journey you are on.

As for us, I think we're going to go with Dr LR at CFC and have started to look through donor profiles but it's a bit overwhelming, to be honest. Any ideas on how to narrow it down? This might be our only shot so I'm thinking age and proven donor might be more important for me than physical attributes?

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Patsy73 For This Useful Post:

KLM0511  (09-07-2014),thembs  (08-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you all for your kind support

6. The Following User Says Thank You to myheart For This Useful Post:

laned  (12-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Tittle - Yes for sure would love to catch up whilst in Cape Town. We arrive on Sun 10 Aug. We are going to Sanbona from 12 Aug - 15 Aug. I will PM you.

Mrs Erin - I am sorry about the bleed. Must have been scary. Glad to hear everything is going well for your little bean. It seems bleeding/spotting seems to happen a lot but most go on to have healthy babies. We are staying at The Vineyard for 2 nights, then Sanbona for 3 nights, then waterfront apartment for the next nearly 2 weeks. We are going for nearly 3 weeks and really making the most of it.

Patsy - good luck with your search. We found our donor pretty quickly which I wasn't expecting. I did want same physical feature as me and she fits the bill.

Sorry another Sanbona question - did those of you who went there hire a car from Cape Town to drive there?

Hi to everyone else.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Luca For This Useful Post:

Tittle  (10-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Luca. When we went to Sanbona we had just arrived in CT and weren't sure how the jet lag etc would go so we had prearranged a driver take us then pick us up the next day. It cost about $300 from memory? Although it was truly awesome to have a personal travel guide, and we took the scenic route home which was a great way to see it all and get our bearings, honestly it wasn't necessary. We hired a car when we got back and you could easily do the drive yourself. We bought a GPS while we were there because the hire company didn't have very many - cost $100 which was almost the same as hiring one for the time we were there anyway. The roads are great and well signposted. Sanbona itself is a bit difficult to find as it's not well signposted (and in the middle of nowhere! ) but they can give you the GPS coordinates over the phone.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Missleo For This Useful Post:

Luca  (10-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Myheart - so sorry to hear about your BFN.

Thembs - congrats on the twins. Awesome news

To all the ladies getting ready to embark on their cycles - best of luck to you all.

I cannot believe that this time last year we were getting ready to go to South Africa. It really was the holiday of a lifetime with a big pot of gold at the end of the rainbow.

We love our little man so much and every time I look at him, I think of the wonderful miracle and gift that he is to us. Extremely grateful for this forum. I don't get a chance to read as much as I used to... our little man really keeps me on my toes. But I do check in from time to time to catch up on how everybody is going.

Rainbow

12. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Rainbowchaser For This Useful Post:

emski72  (09-07-2014),mardicharli  (09-07-2014),Sunflower11  (10-07-2014),thembs  (10-07-2014),Tittle  (10-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Rainbowchaser View Post

To all the ladies getting ready to embark on their cycles - best of luck to you all.
    And the men too? ;P

In response those who asked, we are staying at Greenpoint in a self catered apartment. We leave Australia in a week as we are going on holidays(in Tanzania) for two weeks before Capetown. Its been so long since either of us had holiday that isn't directly related to an egg retrieval! And then no matter what the result, we will still have some awesome memories.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm so looking forward to more people heading to CT. It's been a bit quiet here, wrt actual cycles happening that is.

All the best to those about to head off!

As for us, another bleed yesterday. Maybe this is just the way it's going to be for me. I can't say that I'm totally relaxed about it but it does help that I saw our bub was looking fine on Monday even after the two bleeds I had before that. I just wish I knew the cause. Not that I could do anything about it I guess.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi from sunny Cape Town! Having a ball so far. Arrived late Tuesday night, staying at an apartment in Green Point and it's divine!
    First appointment was Wednesday and Dr W didn't do a scan. He was happy with the scan results I had on Monday (lining was 8mm) and said he was doing the egg retrieval the following day. So we went in today for my Fiance's sample and to get my Gestone. Cyndi did the first one - will see how I go with the rest.
    My donor did very well they collected 23 eggs. Will see how they all go over the next few days. Transfer for me will be Tuesday 15th July.
    Yesterday we checked out the V&A waterfront and the a Rugby Museum. We also drove around exploring a bit. Today after appointment we went on the Table Mountain cable car, which I recommend. Tomorrow we are going to check out penguins! Sat will be Robben island and then to the rugby.
    We also booked in at Sanbona Resort for next weekend which i can't wait for.
    Hope you are all well.

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to KLM0511 For This Useful Post:

MGC Bertie  (11-07-2014),Patsy73  (12-07-2014),Tittle  (11-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Great result KLM congratulations!

18. The Following User Says Thank You to emski72 For This Useful Post:

KLM0511  (11-07-2014)