Closed Thread
Page 11 of 101 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    He's gorgeous BJ
    Em x

2. The Following User Says Thank You to emski72 For This Useful Post:

BJ04  (01-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Morning ladies - Love seeing all these bubba photos - keep em coming!

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Luca For This Useful Post:

BJ04  (01-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Bj04 - thanks for posting the picture, it gives all of us cycling, researching and in the 2ww, lots of hope...

Em, January, feather and all the pregnant girls - hope you are all doing well..!

Hope - choosing a donor is not easy. Some may look great on paper but the cycle fails, others may be a risk and you get a bfp...! I think you need to go with your gut...what ever decision you make will be the right one... Trust in your self.

ATM - the donor produced 7 eggs but only 1 fertilised so we did a day 3 transfer. I really wanted to transfer 2... The embryo was a b grade 6 cell... Not the best but we'll give it a go...

6. The Following User Says Thank You to myheart For This Useful Post:

BJ04  (01-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Miss Sagi, Hopefully we will be going over the same time so we can catch up & share stories. I'm still waiting for a confirmation on my 3 chosen donors if they're willing to donate for me. I'm hoping it will be in October because that's when the off peak season is (any little bit of money savings is always a good thing ). If not, then it'll be November, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed for October.
    Have you got confirmation on your donors yet?
    I've got all my blood tests in order, just go to get an ultrasound. I'll be going to my local gp to ask for a referral - does anybody know what I ask for? Is it just a routine ultrasound or do I need to ask for something specific? and what's the result, is it a letter or certificate that I send to CFC?

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Hope for all For This Useful Post:

Miss Sagi  (03-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hope for all, just ask for a general pelvic ultrasound. The results will be a letter detailing the findings. They will go to your GP rather than you so you'll need to ask them for a copy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Luca View Post
    Hi everyone

Sunny - Jesse is gorgeous - He is such a big bouncy boy!

Myheart - I hope your transfer went well. I think you are still in with a chance. good luck.

CAmom - hi & welcome. We initially went for a donor who looks like me. But after reading her profile we just loved her even more. She is actually very similar to me in her beliefs & values. And we too wanted someone with blue eyes as we both have blue eyes. She is 23 and unproven - we are her first. But she has great AMH & AFC results so we have opted to go with her. I guess they have to start somewhere don't they?

KLM - how long until you go? Are you all booked?

Tittle - I hope you are feeling better now.

How all the preggy girls going? Love hearing you reach the milestones. Keep us updated.

Our donor is being screened on Monday and we will be able to book our flights & accom then (hopefully the screening goes well). We are opting to stay at the Waterfront and now looking at safaris. We would really love to go to Sanbona. Wow it is "up there" expensive isn't it! For those who have been am I right in thinking it is around A$800 per night? what do you get for that? I am trying to justify this to my hubby. I would love to go there.

Hi to everyone else.
    Hi Luca! Only 1 week to go for us. I am so excited the time is finally here. Flights, accom, car, cable car tickets, Robben island tickets, rugby tickets, all booked. Just have Sanbona Game Reserve to book but will do that there as we have to wait as I don't know if I'll have a day 3 or day 5 transfer and need a couple of days. Hope they have availability.

Hi to everyone else too.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I forgot to write about the Sanbona prices. Looks like they are between AUD$260 or AUD$315 per night for the Tilney lodge (up to 31 July) or AUD$350 - AUD$390 per night from Aug.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to KLM0511 For This Useful Post:

Luca  (03-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all. I first joined the thread a couple of months ago but have been pretty quiet since (have been trying to process it all in my head and decide if it's right for me) but have been trying to keep up with everyone's news. Just wanted to check in and firstly say hi and congrats to all who've had great news and thinking of those who haven't been quite so lucky.
    As for us, I think we're going to proceed but am still quite overwhelmed by it all. (Although, I have to say the positive stories on this thread are very inspirational and are spurring me on to get my head around what needs to be done!) Am definitely going to start reading from the beginning of thread one as it sounds as if there will be lots of useful information there.
    A couple of quick questions: we're going to go with CFC, and have narrowed it down to Dr Wiswedel and Dr Le Roux. Does anyone have any preference?
    I did make contact with the clinic and they asked me to fill out their questionnaire and return it with the 'requested results'. Now, as I haven't been seeing a fertility clinic here, I'm starting from scratch as it were so do you think these tests (including the recent transvaginal pelvic ultrasound) will be easily arranged through my GP?
    Lastly (for now), we were hoping to go to SA in September, is that a realistic time frame? Or does it depend on how quickly we find a donor? Dr Wiswedel (who replied to our initial email) said he would help source one for us? Is that a good idea?

Thanks in advance for your help. I'm aware that I am very green here but determined not to give up before we've even started!
    Best wishes to everyone.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Hi - I went with Dr L R and couldn't fault him. Lovely and helpful even in the most stressful times.
    My GP ordered all the tests I needed updating.
    Sept is not out of the question - it depends on when your chosen donor can cycle though.

All the best
    Em x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello all,

It's great to see so much going on here - congrats to all if you who have decided to embark on this journey and to those if you who have recently been blessed with positive results - I can't believe all the twin pregnancies!! Fabulous news.

I wanted to post because one year ago on July 1 Dr LeR transferred two embies into me and the result is my beautiful daughter, Madeleine. I used to be very sad on this day, as it's the anniversary of my mum's passing, but now I feel ... Wow, it's hard to put it to words. So lucky. If you're sitting on the fence I urge you to go for it!

Here's my joy.
    ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1404185026.780332.jpg
    ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1404185072.366462.jpg

16. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to AllieOop For This Useful Post:

BJ04  (01-07-2014),ejj87  (03-07-2014),francesthecat  (02-07-2014),January  (02-07-2014),KLM0511  (01-07-2014),MGC Bertie  (04-07-2014),Missleo  (01-07-2014),Patsy73  (01-07-2014),Sunflower11  (01-07-2014)