Closed Thread
Page 10 of 99 FirstFirst ... 891011122060 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Tittle, for me CFC could identify the donor based on the donor agency code for them.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MrsErinR For This Useful Post:

laned  (01-07-2014),Tittle  (30-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Tittle for me the agency (sunshine) only gave limited info but was happy to suggest asking CFC to provide us with the details. They provided CFC with her real name and CFC emailed me the more accurate info.
    We did ask about a couple of donors who had donated but it turned out that they had donated at other clinics and as such we couldn't get any accurate info.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Blinky76 For This Useful Post:

Tittle  (30-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Best wishes to all.

we went to madikwe park near j'burg and it was fantastic. Supposedly not a malaria zone.

FYI

Dear Members of the Australian Donor Conception Network

Announcing a new Facebook support group that was started a few weeks ago by some of our members.

"Donor Children Australia" was created to provide an Australian based online group to support and share information. The page is open to anyone involved in donor conception in Australia at all different points in their journeys: donors, adult donor conceived people, recipients and intended parents. It is a closed Facebook group, so only members can see the content of the posts and members need admin approval to join. The page is administered by individual members of the Australian Donor Conception Network, so if you have any questions/enquiries, please don't hesitate to contact them directly. Here is a link to the page:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1430539617205923/

Warmest wishes from Robyn on behalf of

the Australian Donor Conception Network

donorconceptionnetwork@gmail.com

www.australiandonorconceptionnetwork.org

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Plimpy For This Useful Post:

BJ04  (28-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Thanks Plimpy, I joined up there yesterday. Seems like it might be a good resource, but at the moment a lot of sperm donor recipients searching for siblings. I guess because DE can't be anonymous within Aus there would be no real need to search for your egg donor if you did your treatment here...
    I haven't seen anyone post there that they used over see eas ED yet, have you? I had a quick scroll through when I joined yesterday...
    I'm not sure if I want to find half siblings lol, but I guess it will be up to our daughter.
    I'm hoping they post a lot of supportive stuff about telling (when etc) your child, and supporting your child psychologically etc. Will keep my eye on the group.

Em x

Sent from my GT-P5110
    Last edited by emski72; 28-06-2014 at 08:43.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone

Sunny - Jesse is gorgeous - He is such a big bouncy boy!

Myheart - I hope your transfer went well. I think you are still in with a chance. good luck.

CAmom - hi & welcome. We initially went for a donor who looks like me. But after reading her profile we just loved her even more. She is actually very similar to me in her beliefs & values. And we too wanted someone with blue eyes as we both have blue eyes. She is 23 and unproven - we are her first. But she has great AMH & AFC results so we have opted to go with her. I guess they have to start somewhere don't they?

KLM - how long until you go? Are you all booked?

Tittle - I hope you are feeling better now.

How all the preggy girls going? Love hearing you reach the milestones. Keep us updated.

Our donor is being screened on Monday and we will be able to book our flights & accom then (hopefully the screening goes well). We are opting to stay at the Waterfront and now looking at safaris. We would really love to go to Sanbona. Wow it is "up there" expensive isn't it! For those who have been am I right in thinking it is around A$800 per night? what do you get for that? I am trying to justify this to my hubby. I would love to go there.

Hi to everyone else.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Luca For This Useful Post:

myheart  (29-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks to all you lovely ladies for replying to my questions. This forum really is a godsend. seriously, without it I would never have known there was hope for us out there.
    Well my husband & I have selected 3 donors. I know it is suggested to pick a young donor but what age do you classify as young? Under 25 or even younger? I picked someone around the 24 year old mark as my first preference. Do you think that's a good age? the other choices are younger but i picked the 24 year old because she's a spitting image of me. I even dug out an old picture of me when I was younger and I'd swear you'd think we were twins. Score!
    I emailed the donor agency, but since catching up on all the posts on this forum you've given advice about requesting more information on their medical details, which I didn't do. I just looked through their profiles they emailed me but haven't requested further information on them, for example medical records. It would be good to know what their AMH level is, however the nice lady at the agency said that if they didn't have good eggs they wouldn't still be on their website. Maybe I'll just wait to hear from them again before I request more information.
    If all goes according to plan we'll be doing a cycle in October this year. Now I feel pressure to eat more healthy & train like mad to get my body into tip top shape. I'm going to take the alcohol away from my husband too muahahaha

Thanks
    Reviews

Default SA here we come

Well, after lurking for a year and I mean reading everyday, i've finally found the courage to join BH.I feel like I know you all so well and every single person on here is an inspiration and I wouldn't be where I'm at without the advice and insight from each and every one of you, so firstly...Thank you. After 2yrs, 10 ivf cycles and 14 embryo transfers without a hint of implantation I'm going to SA? I actually decided a year ago I would go down this road as Plan B and last week I sent my initial enquiry off to CFC so I'm on my way, probably around October (Hope For All, we may be cycle buddies). I'm 43 and single so will be using sperm donor as well. I have good AMH of 13 and feel luck hasn't gone my way with at least 3 cycles, they should have been cancelled or EPU timing was wrong. After 8 cycles I found out I have immune issues, MTHFR mutation gene and Natural High Killer cells in the uterine (50mm). I would feel confident going to SA if I didn't have this but when I found out about the issues I decided to give it 1 more go with OE and Dr Beers immune protocol. I had a great FS who supported me with this protocol even though he didn't know much about it but unfortunately after 2 cycle attempts I didn't have any embryos to transfer, so I'm devastated that I couldn't test it, but I had to draw a line in sand as I was wasting good money that I could use for SA. I'm just worried this will impede DE from implanting as well. I've also made a phone appt with Dr M in Sydney to make sure I'm on the right protocol for these issues.I've started looking at a couple of agencies but am surprised how few profiles come up when I put in the selection criteria. I've even toned it down to race and eye colour and only seem to get 3 or 4 profiles and most are over 30. Has anyone found this? I still have a couple of other other agencies to check out.Also, I received a reply email from Dr Heylen with all the information. Does this mean he's my Dr now or can I choose who I want?Sorry for the long post! And i can't seem to work out how to keep my paragraph returns in the post.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My heart - sorry to hear your cycle did not go well. I hope your one - is the one.

CAmom - the only info I had about my donor was that she had donated once previously - 12 eggs no pregnancy. It was in Joburg so no other info. I liked her so much I went with her anyway and I figured the negative pregnancy result may well have been due to issues with the recipient. For my cycle she also produced 12 eggs and I got 10 blasts. One transferred and nine in the freezer. The one transferred is now my beautiful boy!

Luca - I can't remember how much Sanbona was but it was worth every cent. The accommodation and meals were lovely. The staff are wonderful and friendly and nothing is too much trouble. For me in choosing I was looking for the most 'realistic' experience I could get ie the animals in their natural habitat. I have travelled through Africa before and had been very fortunate to have this type of experience and wanted the same for my mum who went with me this time. During our stay at Sanbona we had two game drives a day - we saw elephants, lions, white lions, giraffe, cheetahs, rhinos and much more.

Hope - my donor was 23

Can someone tell me how to add a photo. I don't seem to be doing it right....

Hello and best wishes to everyone else!
    Attached Images

13. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to BJ04 For This Useful Post:

Becky29  (29-06-2014),emski72  (28-06-2014),January  (02-07-2014),Luca  (29-06-2014),myheart  (29-06-2014),Sunflower11  (29-06-2014),Sunny15  (29-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Actually it seems I was doing it right!!

Photo of my pride and joy Sebastian!

15. The Following User Says Thank You to BJ04 For This Useful Post:

Sunny15  (29-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    BJ04 he's beautiful!

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Miss Sagi For This Useful Post:

BJ04  (28-06-2014)