Closed Thread
Page 1 of 99 1231151 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Egg Donation in South Africa #6

Congratulations MrsErin! That is such great news. All the best for Friday's test.

Tittle, go ahead and vent all you like - let off some steam, we are all here to listen and help each other.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to KLM0511 For This Useful Post:

Tittle  (18-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    MrsErinR - OMG...CONGRATULATIONS!!! Good luck for Friday. Hopeforall - this is the reason to persevere and dive into the donor route.

Myheart - I have always decided on putting 2 embies back due to my age, however, it is definitely a different ball game when it is 20+ year old eggs. I still decided on putting 2 blasts back due to a number of reasons: 1.the travel involved. 2. my age. 3. Success odds with 1 v's 2 embies. 4. My family/friends network to assist if I had twins. I also came to terms with the possibility of twins....it would definately be hard but at my age my family would then be complete. Its a very personal choice....good luck with the decision.

Tittle - Don't apologise for venting...we have all been frustrated for one reason or another and we have all vented. A lot of women put on weight through IVF...whether its through a combination of medication (steroids) and not feeling like exercising when feeling bloated and tired. Don't beat yourself up about it...the weight is there because you were doing something positive in an effort to reach your goal. It will not be there forever...you just may lose the weight one day with pushing a pram with your little one in it. In the meantime, vent away hun!!!

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Sunny15 For This Useful Post:

myheart  (26-06-2014),Sunflower11  (18-06-2014),Tittle  (18-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies

MrsErin – congratulations on your BFP - that is such wonderful news! Good luck for your beta – woo hoo!

Myheart – I think we will put 2 back in. As Sunny has said it is such a big trip. We are OK with twins if it happens and will have a lot of family support.

Tittle – I am sorry you are feeling so crap. I would email the doctor about your breakthrough bleeding. I think the Pill can do this. I have been on the Pill for 6 weeks and am also exercising and trying to “be good”. But I haven’t lost any weight.

Hope – our donor is from EDSA and is 23. Good luck with your cycle.

Emski – I don’t think I congratulated you on team pink!! That is great. Are you showing yet?

January – congratulations on your test results. That must be such a relief for you after everything you have been through.

Sunny – so great to hear from you. Sometimes when I think how overwhelming this whole process is I read your posts about Jesse (and everyone that has had miracle babies on here actually) and it makes me smile and realise this is all worth it.

AFM – just paid our 40,000 Rand to CFC – it is really happening now. First appt in Cape Town is Friday 15 August. Now just want to get into booking flights/accom but know that I can’t yet – must be patient.

Can anyone tell me if they went to Kruger National Park at all? If so how far out of Cape Town is it? Would it be safe to drive there?

6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Luca For This Useful Post:

emski72  (18-06-2014),myheart  (26-06-2014),Sunny15  (18-06-2014),Tittle  (18-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    200 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 27/8/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 15/5/15Busiest Member of the Week100 Posts in a week
    Subbing

And thanks Luca - glad to hear you're well on your way! How exciting!
    Yes I think I'm showing although I'm big anyway so I can still disguise it. My belly feels hard now not as flabby. Finally I might have rock hard abs!

Em x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Firstly, my apologies for taking so long to post. I have however been lurking and will do my best to account for everyone.

Pixel - Congratulations Hun, after such a journey a beautiful little girl. I am over the moon for you. I wish you all a life filled with love, peace, happiness and good health. Thanks for letting us share in your joy. Only seems like yesterday you were on that beach!!! Xxx

Sunny - so pleased all went well for your gorgeous little man. Xx
    Emski - likewise lovely news. Another girl to add to the list.

Ms Erin - YAAAAAYYYYY. Looking forward to Fridays HCG BT.

Title - as many before me have said, vent your heart out babe. I too put on weight with the medications and particularly prednisone!!! That said, I then didn't gain any pregnancy weight until quite late in the pregnancy, so it balanced out in the end. I think when one gets to this process, we look at everything as potentially affecting our chances. It is very stressful. My goodness, I hope you are able to put your feet up on your 2 days off. Xx

luca - woooohoooo another step in your life changing journey. As for Kruger it is North of Joburg, so way away from CT. It is also a malaria zone. If you are gong to Joburg, probably look at Pilanesburg, otherwise I revert to the other ladies on the thread for advice re game parks near CT.

Hope - all the best with choosing your donor. I found one that I just couldn't overlook. One or two will definitely jump out at you.

My heart, we put two good looking D5 blasts in and had a singleton pregnancy. That said, if I ever go again I can only have 1 TF as I had to have a classical (vertical) CS. That said, Ms Erin has proven that all it takes is one.

Biba - I was so sad to read your news. You certainly had a load of obstacles put in your way even just trying to get to TF. I wish you love and resilience and hope that one day your dreams will be realised. Be kind to yourself Hun. X

Net - lovely to hear from you and so pleased you have a plan.

Jodie, Blinky and Esperanza thinking of you all and hoping you are being kind to yourselves. Xx

To everyone else

9. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to laned For This Useful Post:

Biba jani  (20-06-2014),Blinky76  (18-06-2014),Luca  (18-06-2014),Patsy73  (01-07-2014),Sunflower11  (18-06-2014),Sunny15  (18-06-2014),Tittle  (18-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Warmest congratulations to you MrsErinR, awesome news!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Emski - In my absence from BH I missed your team pink news....congratulations.

Luca - As Laned posted...Kruger is on the other side of the country. We originally had ideas of going but we would have had to add on so much more time to our trip. Plus the malaria factor did not sit well with us due to me not being able to take anti malaria medication. Check out Sanbona and Aquila Game Reserves.

Tittle - I forgot to mention that I also got break through bleeding and only the day before our donor had EPU. I honestly thought that my body was no longer suppressed and the whole cycle was gone. I emailed Dr Wiswedel and Cyndi (it was a Sunday night) and Dr Wiswedel emailed me back within 15 minutes. We had to go to CFC the next morning for DP to give his "donation" and they sent me down a floor to have bloods done as a "just in case". There was nothing to worry about just as Dr Wiswedel had mentioned the night before.

Laned and Butterfly -
    Last edited by Sunny15; 18-06-2014 at 17:21.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Sunny15 For This Useful Post:

Luca  (19-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks Sunny! Thats really reassuring. It has gotten worse and I felt the same thing: "that my body was no longer suppressed and the whole cycle was gone". Even though I know breakthrough bleeding is common- its a lot more than a bit of spotting now. It's a 'normal' heavy period. Email sent this afternoon! At least I still have a month and a bit to go - its not quite so scary......

Thanks everyone for the words of support!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Tittle For This Useful Post:

Sunny15  (19-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    MrsErin.... big congratulations on hearing about your BFP. Your cycle was definitely going to work, with all those great numbers all the way through. Absolutely fabulous!! Hope everything from now goes just as smoothly as your donor proved to be.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all

Here's a cut and paste of my questions to CFC about FET, and their responses.

Questions

1) How long would we need to wait before we could do the FET?
    2) How many days would I need to be in Cape Town?
    3) Are there any medications it may be worth me getting in SA before we
    leave, in case it's needed for future FET?
    4) What is the cost of a FET cycle?

Responses

1) No need to wait, you can come with your next period, unless you have had
    a biochemical pregnancy, then you need to wait until your BHCG is zero.
    2) 2 days
    3) Yes, you are welcome to get the medication to take with you, or you can
    get more Syneral back home. We use a depot injection, which is the Lucrin
    and used once off for suppression, then you don’t need to take something
    every day, except the tablets.
    4) Please see attached information and fee structure.

I can't attach the fee structure and other info sheet she gave me but if anyone wants it then PM me your email address and I'll send it on. The total cost for FET was R7275.

Hope this is helpful.

17. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to MrsErinR For This Useful Post:

laned  (18-06-2014),Sunflower11  (18-06-2014),Sunny15  (19-06-2014),Tittle  (19-06-2014)