+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast
    Gold Coast
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi everyone, DS is still sick but brighter than he has been. I went back to work today and luckily had a quiet day as I'm very short on sleep. DH is still gutted over his job loss but is also in some ways happy about it as continuing his home business does mean more flexibility.

We dropped into daycare with DS yesterday to change from 2 days a week down to 1 - we're fairly sure we can afford this - and DS was keen to get to his room/play area. It made us both feel a lot better about daycare that DS was obviously happy to be there.

Personally I'm still ill with a flu. My depression has improved and I'm not feeling the black dog's bite as much. In 2 weeks my parents will be back from overseas and they've volunteered to stay a week with us to help out. I hope they're able to do this because it would be great to have some help around the house - DS has discovered not only how to open the fridge, but how to open drink bottles (including milk) and tip them over the floor. Our house is sticky. Things still frustrate me easily but I'm trying to love DS more and not get angry with him for being a sick toddler (easier said than done when he's awake from midnight to 3:30am!)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Waggers70 For This Useful Post:

HappyBovinexx  (28-06-2014)

Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Hopefully your parents staying will both give you a break (date night?) and some ideas for DS.
    Last edited by VicPark; 27-06-2014 at 21:03.

I don't have experience with depression, but I just wanted to suggest sleep school for your DS. My DD would wake two hourly night after night, I was a single parent about to return to work and was just at a loss most days because I was so tired. I got a referral to the Ellen Barron Centre in Brisbane (not sure where you are located) & she has slept through ever since - that was 18 months ago. She was a different baby, she would be how you described your DS to be, tantrums and just totally beside herself, but after she started sleeping properly, I realised a lot of her behavioural problems were due to being overtired. I hope you're feeling better today

5. The Following User Says Thank You to ChelleBH For This Useful Post:

himherandhe  (28-06-2014)