+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Well done, nice to hear you had a nice relaxing day to yourself.

harvs is offline Winner 2014 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 2/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/3/15Busiest Member of the Week200 Posts in a week
    Good on you waggers. Great attitude. There's not much that's more destructive than rehashing the past. I'm so glad you've had a good day.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    Sounds like you had a great day Waggs. But Thor? Seriously? Better movies around than that!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Wagers I love your attitude shift, well done. I really hope you begin to have more days like today!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Great to hear that you've had a good day.
    I hope you can enjoy your weekend. And that coffee catch up was genuine.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    So great to hear of your positive day. Good for you x

Thanks
    Reviews
    How are things today waggers?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    2 steps forward, 1 step back!
    I'm still coping a lot better but DS is sick again with high fevers. We've been back to the doctors and going to have blood tests later today. DH started his new job today so I had to call in sick to care for DS - my work was far from impressed (no one there has children and calling in if you are not actually on deaths door and preferably hospitalized is just not done - I was told it was very unprofessional of me to take a day off to have surgery when I was going thru IVF and to make sure I was back the next day). I understand it's tough on workplaces when people can't cover their shifts but hey - staying at home with a sick baby is not an easy day either! Coupled with only 2 hours very broken sleep last night a sh!tty attitude from work made me feel pretty crap again. Thankfully the doctor was great and fully supportive of me looking after DS. Daycare wouldn't have taken him anyway - his fever was 38.9 (they send home over 38)

Has anyone else dealt with work making carers leave difficult? Is it worth ringing the HR department to talk about it? Or will that just be another black mark against my name? (You can tell I work for a corporation where numbers are unfortunately very important)

Thanks
    Reviews
    You have done the right thing staying home. I'm also home today with DS as he is too sick to send to daycare. Im not sure what line of work you are in waggers but that is not really on at all. Im lucky my work is very understanding - but to be honest, its the law, they have to be. I have a lot of leave built up and I'll use it how and when I like. Do you have any long service? I only ask because Im going to use some of mine - this is my last week at work. You've got enough on your plate without having to worry about people at work "judging" you too.

Do you know how much leave you have accrued? I would take notes of all conversations - such as the one you had this morning. They can't do anything about you taking your leave entitlements. Im glad your dr understands.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Like Babyla said, it's the law so work can suck it up! My last non-casual workplace was totally understanding of any carers leave I'd need to take. Even when I would say to my boss how guilty I felt leaving my class with a relief teacher he would say 'no way, your own child is more important than your class'. I used up all my leave and they still never batted an eye when I needed unpaid days because I always had a medical certificate.

Make sure you get a certificate for each day you've had to take off and keep a written record of any comments.

Pre-kids I have worked in some "unless it's a code blue you better come to work" type places and they suck! Always high staff turnover and people coming to work spreading their germs around!

I hope your little man's fever starts to come down soon. It's so scary when it gets up that high.