+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    @Waggers70
    I know we've talked a few times on sleep threads. If I'm not mistaken we live in the same area. I also don't go out much with friends and am pretty private too. Another hubber and I regularly meet up she's really nice. .. If you're around and feeling up to a chat I would love to have a coffee with you. Or Help in any way I can.
    Big hugs.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Tamtam For This Useful Post:

babyla  (19-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    I'm glad you've got the ball rolling.

Just want to add, for nearly 2.5 years I had a crap sleeper. He would wake on average 1-3 times a night 6-7 nights a week, sleeping through was virtually non existent. He also hit every sleep regression and the worst was 18months. The last 2 months he changed, I think he just became developmentally ready to sleep through. He was 2 years and 3 months when he started to get it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm so sorry to hear you are going through this. I have personally had a terrible time getting Doctors to take my PND and anxiety issues seriously and offer any real help. In all honesty from reading your posts, you really sound like you need some more urgent care and support. I would be seeing another Doctor. Is there any women's health clinics near you? In my experience they tend to be more understanding particularly when it comes to anti-natal health/mental health.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Star Light For This Useful Post:

Stretched  (19-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hope you are feeling better today. Really worried about your comments about driving yourself off a cliff.

Call your local hospitals CAT (crisis assessment team) - they are a 24 hour nationwide service and will sort you out pretty quickly.

The Ashmore Acute Care Treatment Team is an acute psychiatric service offering telephone triage, assessment and short term interventive treatment for people experiencing mental health problems or illness. Catchment area is the Gold Coast region of South East Queensland.

TELEPHONE(07) 5667 2000

Good luck x
    Last edited by Butterfly39; 19-06-2014 at 14:54.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Great to see you made a step in the right direction, and hopefully you can have a few days rest. I just wanted to mention a no-cry sleep tactic we used called 'the sleep lady shuffle' - you can get the gist by Googling that. Just something you may want to try when DS is feeling better. Best wishes.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    It's funny how life can change. I have been feeling so rotten and it seems that lately all I do is whinge. I really hate myself for it. I am by nature a pessimist, but usually I have a good sense of humour and can laugh at myself.

Tonight I tried to talk with my husband. He often doesn't listen to me and then asks me to repeat myself. This annoys me. He did this tonight and I snapped back at him. He then threw to TV remote control across the room and started yelling at me. He then refused to apologize for his outburst because he felt I should take some of the blame for provoking him. I told him his temper was getting worse and I just don't know who he is or what's wrong with him. I did raise my arm as if to slap him (I was never going to actually hit him) and he yelled that if I touched him he would beat my head in then called me the c word. I told him that was exactly the type behavior I won't put up with. I also had DS in my arms at the time. H (no longer DH) then stormed out - that was at 8:30pm. He left without his phone, wallet, keys etc. it's now 9:30pm and I have no idea when or if he's coming back. He was talking about leaving me earlier this week.

So I may be heading toward single motherhood. I'm not sure how to process what has happened this evening. I'm actually feeling a little nauseous about it all and strangely a little numb. If he's truly leaving me I will not be able to keep my job. My hours are longer than available daycare and I'm required to work every Saturday. I will not be able to keep the house. This line of thinking may be premature but I'm really concerned that H might do something really stupid - generally he's not prone to suicidal thoughts but to leave with nothing? Hopefully he's just out walking to blow off some steam but this is not typical of him at all.

harvs is offline Winner 2014 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 2/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/3/15Busiest Member of the Week200 Posts in a week
    Oh Hun, that sounds awful. I hope he is just walking and thinking, or walking and thinking and crying or calming himself down. Everything sounds so fraught atm, and I'm so cross at your GP for not treating your situation more urgently. You could probably both benefit from trying to cut each other a little slack, but I'm glad you set some boundaries. Are you OK? Try not to think about what may or may not be. You are strong, and you can handle whatever comes your way.

BH-KatiesMum is offline Community Manager
    Winner 2008 - The most optimistic poster
    Winner 2014 - Most Helpful Moderator
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    Awards:
    Past Moderator
    200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week

I hope he is just out thinking things through.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Stay strong and I hope he gets home soon so you can both process together.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/1/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 7/11/14Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 3/10/14100 Posts in a week
    It sounds like things for awfully tense tonight! Perhaps it wouldn't be such a bad thing if you and hubby both had some time to cool off?. Could your hubby stay with someone else for a few nights?

I know it's hard, but please try and save any in depth discussions (that may turn narky) for when your little one is in bed (kiddo's don't need to be exposed to adult issues that they have no control over). And when you are not drinking or not as tired. Set yourself up for success not failure.
    - Quite often my hubby gives me the $hits and I will ask him about it later when the topic isn't so hot. Hubby also does that thing where I am talking and he doesn't listen. I give him a look and he knows he's been pinged.... I then ask him to repeat what I said and sometimes the stories he comes up with are so far off base it's funny. Anyway he knows his punishment is having to listen to me repeat the whole story again....so he is getting somewhat better.

Try not to worry about the what it's of you and hubby separating. Focus all your energy on your immediate future: getting that counsellIng and the pediatrician for your bubba. Heck go back to the darned GP and let them know they need to give you the referrals now or VicPark will come and kick them in the balls. Trying to have it out with hubby or plan for the what ifs of the future before you have resolved the underlying issues ... Will stress you out and is basically setting you up for failure.... Going into battle unarmed.

Hang in there..

13. The Following User Says Thank You to VicPark For This Useful Post:

babyla  (20-06-2014)