+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Full-time PT Mummy here. Used to be 90+ kg now maintaining 65 for the last 3 years.

Things are very different now, but back when I was losing my baby weight (all 30 kilos of it!) this is what I did.

1. Woke up 20mins early & went for a walk/run EVERYDAY. If DD woke, DH would care for her until I got home
    2. I downloaded a Pilates DVD & did that during DDs sleep (mainly on the rainy days I couldn't run)
    3. After she went to bed at night I did 100 reps of any 1 exercise I chose (squats, sit ups, dips, whatever)

I lost the first 20 kilos quickly. Last 10 was difficult.

I alternated between clean eatting & low carb diets, joined a gym & went to a high intensity cardio class 3 times a week. Dd went to crèche. It was a tiny dirty gym that was falling apart but membership was $6 a week (so I paid about $2 a class)

It was hard! Going through it alone! But we couldn't afford anymore at that time (I even felt bad about the $6 membership!!!)

Every 3 mins of skipping once a day will start getting you results. Some days when dd was in a rotten mood it was all I could do but it all adds up in the end. Hope that helps xxx

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I'm having the opposite issues. I have plenty of time but am losing the motivation. I only joined the gym 2 weeks ago and am already thinking about giving up. I want results now and I am not getting them. I spend an hour at the gym mon, tues, thurs, friday (unless I have an appointment during crèche times and can't make it) and on Wednesday nights I go to a pilates class.

I find it boring. Plus I don't want to diet

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by thepouts View Post
    I'm having the opposite issues. I have plenty of time but am losing the motivation. I only joined the gym 2 weeks ago and am already thinking about giving up. I want results now and I am not getting them. I spend an hour at the gym mon, tues, thurs, friday (unless I have an appointment during crèche times and can't make it) and on Wednesday nights I go to a pilates class.

They say it's mostly what you eat and exercise is only a small component. Apparently! Keep going, you'll see results soon, I'm sure of it.

Maybe downloads fitness pal or my bet diary. Seeing how many calories are in something often makes me think twice about eating!!

Thanks
    Reviews

What are you doing at the gym? I found being out in the gym boring for years, and stuck to classes for a long time before venturing out. I'd still prefer a class, but can motivate myself to work out in the gym if required.
    I have never dieted in my life either. I find if I eat a lot of crap I find my workout really hard, so tend to eat healthy for the benefits of how good it makes me feel in every day life, but I have never actually dieted.
    It's been two weeks, you won't see results yet! Way too early! Keep going! I joined a gym to get fit, not to lose weight, but it took me 3 months to start noticing changes. I've been going to the gym for 10 years now. Keep going with it. You'll start to meet people, you'll start enjoying your workouts and the way you feel and you'll notice changes!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by FITCHICK View Post
    Full-time PT Mummy here. Used to be 90+ kg now maintaining 65 for the last 3 years.

Things are very different now, but back when I was losing my baby weight (all 30 kilos of it!) this is what I did.

1. Woke up 20mins early & went for a walk/run EVERYDAY. If DD woke, DH would care for her until I got home
    2. I downloaded a Pilates DVD & did that during DDs sleep (mainly on the rainy days I couldn't run)
    3. After she went to bed at night I did 100 reps of any 1 exercise I chose (squats, sit ups, dips, whatever)

I lost the first 20 kilos quickly. Last 10 was difficult.

I alternated between clean eatting & low carb diets, joined a gym & went to a high intensity cardio class 3 times a week. Dd went to crèche. It was a tiny dirty gym that was falling apart but membership was $6 a week (so I paid about $2 a class)

It was hard! Going through it alone! But we couldn't afford anymore at that time (I even felt bad about the $6 membership!!!)

Every 3 mins of skipping once a day will start getting you results. Some days when dd was in a rotten mood it was all I could do but it all adds up in the end. Hope that helps xxx
    Wow! That's very inspiring. I have a lot too lose too. I need to tell myself that the little things I can do count.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to cheekychook For This Useful Post:

Mummy Potato  (19-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Party of Three View Post
    What are you doing at the gym? I found being out in the gym boring for years, and stuck to classes for a long time before venturing out. I'd still prefer a class, but can motivate myself to work out in the gym if required.
    I have never dieted in my life either. I find if I eat a lot of crap I find my workout really hard, so tend to eat healthy for the benefits of how good it makes me feel in every day life, but I have never actually dieted.
    It's been two weeks, you won't see results yet! Way too early! Keep going! I joined a gym to get fit, not to lose weight, but it took me 3 months to start noticing changes. I've been going to the gym for 10 years now. Keep going with it. You'll start to meet people, you'll start enjoying your workouts and the way you feel and you'll notice changes!
    I've done some classes, just a fitness fusion which hurts, but a good hurt. At the gym I do 10 minutes on arc/step machine, 10 minutes on the bike, 10 minutes on the rower, 10 minutes on the treadmill and then 15-20 minutes on this pedal thing- don't know the name.

Thanks, that's just what I needed to hear, I will keep dragging myself there...

Thanks
    Reviews
    I've done some classes, just a fitness fusion which hurts, but a good hurt. At the gym I do 10 minutes on arc/step machine, 10 minutes on the bike, 10 minutes on the rower, 10 minutes on the treadmill and then 15-20 minutes on this pedal thing- don't know the name.

Thanks, that's just what I needed to hear, I will keep dragging myself there...
    The first three months are the hardest, after that it becomes a habit, and then it becomes so much of a part of your weekly routine you just fit it in, a bit like brushing your teeth. Even when you're tired, you still do it, same with the gym. When I have a super busy week the first thing I do is work out when I fit my exercise in. Mark three months on your calendar, and if you really hate a workout change it and do something else. Exercise is supposed to be enjoyable.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I'm terrible with exercise, but when I get into a routine after doing Pilates for a while I feel wonderful, I say after a while bc when I first started muscles I didn't even know I had ached! So pilates is what I do in the mornings I hate jumping and sweating at the crack if dawn ;P
    I notice the mornings I do Pilates it reduces my neck tension and headaches and just makes me feel good all round.

Also if your going for an at home option google body rock, there are a number of trainers, your bound to find one to suit you, and if you need equipment they'll give you an "at home" alternative so you don't need to go out buying a heap of stuff!

Good luck!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I hired a crosstrainer and ended up buying it. All up only cost $400. Its a great all over quick exercise

Sent from my GT-I9305 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews

Don't give up! The more you do it the more endorphins you'll produce and it will become addictive !

Do a class if u can, it's hard to keep at first but it gets easier.