+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    If you're a morning person, early morning DVD's/treadmill. If you're an evening person, after child goes to bed DVD's/treadmill.

Another great option would be to go for pram walk after picking your little one up.

It is tough to fit it all in though. You can fit it in, but you've really got to choose what is most important. That extra bit of sleep in the morning, that extra bit of time to spend playing with your baby in the afternoon (instead of walking), that time to rest after bub goes to bed instead of working out. If you really want to fit in the exercise, which of those is least important to you? I have done a mixture of all 3 in the past, and I found the evening treadmill/dvd the least stressful and made me feel the least guilty.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to CazHazKidz For This Useful Post:

cheekychook  (18-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    There is an app called 7 Minute Workout which is great. It has twelve 30sec exercises with a 10sec rest interval between each. You can choose which circuit you do - core, full body etc and how many circuits you want to do. I have just started this and love it.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to IhaveYourToaster For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I would suspend your gym membership for now that way you can deactivate if it suits later. You can do a lot of static exercises at home push-ups sits up lunges burpees leg raises crunches I do a set that takes me close to an hour and I burn almost 600 cals every time and you feel it.

I live on a hill I do sprints up and down for 45 minutes with a dynamic set of exercises in between every 3rd or 5th sprint set burpees push-ups lunges squats tricep dips on the curb.

I also do a sprint set that's only 25m in length divide into thirds and put a stick at each run to the first do a push-up run back then to the second push-up and back then to the third push-up back for time x 5 sets try and best your time in sands even better but i do it on my nature strip when I can't get out. Then change it to a squat then another 5 then a burpee and a another set of 5 that's a tough workout. Literally I feel like I will die but it's my fav. Get a set of TRX bands for at home great workouts with those.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Bellavista For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    Funniest Caption
    Quote Originally Posted by Bellavista View Post
    I would suspend your gym membership for now that way you can deactivate if it suits later. You can do a lot of static exercises at home push-ups sits up lunges burpees leg raises crunches I do a set that takes me close to an hour and I burn almost 600 cals every time and you feel it.

I live on a hill I do sprints up and down for 45 minutes with a dynamic set of exercises in between every 3rd or 5th sprint set burpees push-ups lunges squats tricep dips on the curb.

I also do a sprint set that's only 25m in length divide into thirds and put a stick at each run to the first do a push-up run back then to the second push-up and back then to the third push-up back for time x 5 sets try and best your time in sands even better but i do it on my nature strip when I can't get out. Then change it to a squat then another 5 then a burpee and a another set of 5 that's a tough workout. Literally I feel like I will die but it's my fav. Get a set of TRX bands for at home great workouts with those.
    I'm exhausted just reading that!

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bpac For This Useful Post:

cheekychook  (18-06-2014),thepouts  (18-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Nike has an awesome training app for women called Nike Training Club. Sessions range from 15-45 minutes. The app is free and can do it from the comfort of your living room. I loved it before I was pregnant!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Cat74 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    I hate exercising at home. I find it really boring and unmotivating, but if I was in a situation where I couldn't get out to exercise during the week this is what I would do:
    2-3 times a week do weight bearing stuff at home - lunges, squats, push ups, tricep push ups, sit ups bicep curls (with weights) etc.
    Then on the weekends I'd get up early (because I am a morning person) and would either hit the gym for a cardio class, or go for a run etc.

I exercise Mon-Fri but I know plenty of people who work who take an hour out of each day on the weekend to exercise so it makes the working week easier to manage.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Full House For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    I'm on my phone so I can't quote multiple posts, so I'll try and answer them all.

I only have a 30 minute lunch allocation. Trying to walk during my lunch break maybe once or twice a week to start with. Just have to remember to take my shoes because I don't fancy walking in heels!

There are no steps around me, at work or home.

The DVD idea at home is a great idea, I don't know why I didn't think of that. FL, I'll be looking into those ones you mentioned. Even if I do a 20 minute workout in the morning and a 10 minute one at night. Quick and easy.

Thank you all for the app suggestions, I will go and look at them too.

You've all made me realise it is possible, just have to think out of the box a little.

I have pre paid personal training sessik a so maybe I can use those on a Saturday morning. Not that I like leaving DS on the weekends, but, my health needs this and I can't keep putting in weight. Sigh.
    Last edited by cheekychook; 18-06-2014 at 19:47.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by CazHazKidz View Post
    If you're a morning person, early morning DVD's/treadmill. If you're an evening person, after child goes to bed DVD's/treadmill.

Another great option would be to go for pram walk after picking your little one up.

It is tough to fit it all in though. You can fit it in, but you've really got to choose what is most important. That extra bit of sleep in the morning, that extra bit of time to spend playing with your baby in the afternoon (instead of walking), that time to rest after bub goes to bed instead of working out. If you really want to fit in the exercise, which of those is least important to you? I have done a mixture of all 3 in the past, and I found the evening treadmill/dvd the least stressful and made me feel the least guilty.
    Thank you. You are very right. I think the best time for me to be consistent is mornings, I can get out of bed ok. By time I get home, I'm too tired. And I'm iron deficient (and a couple other deficiencies) at the moment, which isn't helping and makes me so tired by 8pm!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombie_eyes View Post
    Could you get up 15 mins earlier? Star jumps, russian twists, jogging on the spot, planking, squats, push ups, sit ups. Skipping rope is a great idea as well. Then just do another 15mins when ds goes to bed.??
    I don't think of motivate myself enough. But if I get up a but earlier and do a workout from a DVD, I'll stick to it more. I can deal with 530am starts, I guess! LOL!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by misho View Post
    It's hard work.

Can u get up slightly earlier (like 15min)get home slightly later and join a gym during lunchtime or jog or walk at lunch?

If only 3 days a week?

I guess it will be earlier once spring time hits coz you'll be able to take your ds for evening walks.

Or are there any outdoorsy mummy exercise groups near your house that you can join where your ds goes with you? That way on weekends you could do this with bub..

Hugs. It's tough I know..
    Thank you. I'm glad some people understand my struggle.

I think once it warms up I'll take DS for walks when we get home. He is very susceptible to bronchiolitis so I don't want to expose him to the cool air. Bring on the warmer months!