+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    Funniest Caption
    Quote Originally Posted by cheekychook View Post
    I drive 40 minutes to work. Parking further is not really an option. In the afternoon I finished work at 4, have to be at daycare by 430, it takes 30 minutes exactly to get there so I have to zoom!!

What apps are there? I'm thinking lounge too exercise is going to be the way. Except I'm so tired I know I'll struggle!!!
    Could you maybe incorporate the lunch hour and parking your car further away? Park 15 minutes away from your work in the morning and then walk to pick it up at lunchtime? Still getting 30 minutes and not taking your whole lunch so you dont have to take work home?

I have a skipping rope that i use when i cant get away from the house. It is quite a workout and burns calories fast!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to bpac For This Useful Post:

cheekychook  (18-06-2014)

FearlessLeader is offline Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    I've got some great boot camp style workout DVDs which are really great- they're by Lindsay Brinn and they're 10 minute workouts and are HARDCORE. I used to do them three times a week and do 2-4 segments per workout. They go so fast and you get a killer workout. What I would do is get into workout clothes and set the DVD up before DS went to sleep, then once he was down go out and hit play.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to FearlessLeader For This Useful Post:

Zombie_eyes is offline Formerly Diamondeyes
    Winner 2012 - Biggest Computer Nerd
    Winner 2013/14 - Funniest Member
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Could you get up 15 mins earlier? Star jumps, russian twists, jogging on the spot, planking, squats, push ups, sit ups. Skipping rope is a great idea as well. Then just do another 15mins when ds goes to bed.??

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Zombie_eyes For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    OMG there is a gazillion awesome workout sessions you can do at home on 'youtube'!! I use them when the kids are sick and stuff and Am unable to use the gym creche. Take your pick and some just train using your own body weight and things around the house. There are great ones that only take 20 mins or half an hour and you still get a great workout! You can even pop one on when your little one is around- I know mine are quite entertained by my various poses lol!

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Star Light For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Or do a 30day squat challenge/ab challenge or something similar - these are great!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Star Light For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Do you work somewhere with stairs? When I lived in inner city melbourne I used to run up and walk down the stairs of my apartment block and do some crunches etc at the bottom. Could you do this at work?

Quote Originally Posted by FearlessLeader View Post
    I've got some great boot camp style workout DVDs which are really great- they're by Lindsay Brinn and they're 10 minute workouts and are HARDCORE. I used to do them three times a week and do 2-4 segments per workout. They go so fast and you get a killer workout. What I would do is get into workout clothes and set the DVD up before DS went to sleep, then once he was down go out and hit play.
    Which DVD did you get FL? And where from? Please and thankyou

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Bennos Mummy For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by cheekychook View Post
    I drive 40 minutes to work. Parking further is not really an option. In the afternoon I finished work at 4, have to be at daycare by 430, it takes 30 minutes exactly to get there so I have to zoom!!

What apps are there? I'm thinking lounge too exercise is going to be the way. Except I'm so tired I know I'll struggle!!!
    I use the skymble app. It's brilliant.

FearlessLeader is offline Winner 2013 - Most Memorable Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bennos Mummy View Post
    Do you work somewhere with stairs? When I lived in inner city melbourne I used to run up and walk down the stairs of my apartment block and do some crunches etc at the bottom. Could you do this at work?

Which DVD did you get FL? And where from? Please and thankyou
    I have Lindsay Brin' postnatal boot camp 1&2, and Shed 5 fast. A few others too but they're my favourites. I got them off Amazon.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FearlessLeader For This Useful Post:

Bennos Mummy  (18-06-2014),cheekychook  (18-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi, my day is similar to yours except I don't have a baby. I try to walk a few days at lunchtime, just a gentle walk. I have a few injuries so I don't exercise at a high intensity but even just a 20 min walk is great. I manage my weight and health through nutrition

17. The Following User Says Thank You to pvroom For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    It's hard work.

Can u get up slightly earlier (like 15min)get home slightly later and join a gym during lunchtime or jog or walk at lunch?

If only 3 days a week?

I guess it will be earlier once spring time hits coz you'll be able to take your ds for evening walks.

Or are there any outdoorsy mummy exercise groups near your house that you can join where your ds goes with you? That way on weekends you could do this with bub..

Hugs. It's tough I know..
    Last edited by misho; 18-06-2014 at 14:39.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to misho For This Useful Post: