Closed Thread
Page 7 of 209 FirstFirst ... 567891757107 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hello!! Another newbie. First cycle of IVF with ICSI for MFI.
    Im cd6 so start orgalutran tonight (ouch!!)
    First scan and bloods Monday. I'm still at the optimistic IVF stage so not feeling too bad at this stage but what a road to be on.
    Infertility is a b*tch.
    has anyone had OHSS by the way? Was it obvious? I'm nervous!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hi @Ducky01 welcome, glad to see someone a little ahead of me

I've had mild OHSS before, it wasn't obvious as it happened on my first IVF so I just thought it was normal. I felt very bloated and nauseous after my EPU.

If I got it now, it would be obvious but back then......I didn't know, luckily the blood tests I was doing showed high hormone levels, so they took me off pregnyl and put me on crinone.

yes, I did an orgalutran shot this morning (3 days too early...oops) and it took a bit more force to get it in. Still BT are worse. So tired of feeling like a pin cushion!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/9/2014Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/7/2014200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    Hi @Ducky01 glad to have you with us.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Happy Friday ladies!
    It's lovely to have so many of us on this thread so welcome to all the newbies
    @Ree888 I was doing Acupuncture last year on and off as the PCOS left my hormones all over the place after coming off the pill. Apart from being expensive I'm a huge advocate. My cycles came back to a good length and the Chinese herbs improved my moods. Whilst I was doing it for ovulation the side effect was my anxieties reduced and I was calmer. Bit if a rich woman's treatment tho so I'm now of the tack that I'll start it on my second cycle if my first one is a BFN.
    @Bongley.
    I'm sorry your having such a crappy time of it. Don't feel bad about the cost of the drugs. We pay Medicare and taxes and it was a simple mistake to make. Take joy in your DS as having even one child is a blessing. Fingers crossed this is your month xx

I have my first nurses appointment today so am bursting with excitement. After 16mths of TTC and lots of bad news I finally feel a little in control. It's like Xmas today!!

A couple of us in Sydney are starting a support group called Mums-To-Be. If people can have mothers groups then we can have one too! We're meeting for tea tomorrow in the Inner West of Sydney. There are three of us including myself, one other and @ScubaGal. All welcome so feel free to PM me or message below

Have a good day everyone! X

Me 33 PCOS
    DH 38 Low Morphology 😔
    TTC#1 since Oct 2012
    Clomid #1- 50mg 11/11/13 - No ovulation 😔
    Clomid #2- 100mg 26/12/13 - Ovulated yay!! - BFN
    TTC Break over
    Nurses appt 27th June
    ICSI #1 - July sometime

5. The Following User Says Thank You to amiracle4me For This Useful Post:

Bongley  (28-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    [QUOTE=amiracle4me;7834046]Happy Friday ladies!
    It's lovely to have so many of us on this thread so welcome to all the newbies
    @Ree888 I was doing Acupuncture last year on and off as the PCOS left my hormones all over the place after coming off the pill. Apart from being expensive I'm a huge advocate. My cycles came back to a good length and the Chinese herbs improved my moods. Whilst I was doing it for ovulation the side effect was my anxieties reduced and I was calmer. Bit if a rich woman's treatment tho so I'm now of the tack that I'll start it on my second cycle if my first one is a BFN.

Welcome to all the new ladies - I hope your ivf journeys are all short ones

I agree amiracle - I've been doing it on and off for a couple of years for management of endo and have noticed a huge difference when AF comes. Not much pain and no clots (sorry if tmi) when I've been going regularly. I'm really hoping it makes the difference this time around.

2009 - 2010 - diagnosed with severe endo - 2 x laps, 1 x laparotomy to remove endo.
    2011 - IVF - 1st cycle - chemical pregnancy, FET - BFN, 2nd FET - BFN
    2013 - another laparotomy - lost right ovary and tube to a 15cm endometrioma
    2014 - beginning IVF again...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hi Ladies,

I will join you as well, we are due to start our first IVF cycle next week. Our story so far is 14months TTC, me PCOS & husband MFI. We are excited but really have no idea what to expect.

Lets hope July is a good month for all!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/9/2014Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/7/2014200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by mummymaybe View Post
    Hi Ladies,

I will join you as well, we are due to start our first IVF cycle next week. Our story so far is 14months TTC, me PCOS & husband MFI. We are excited but really have no idea what to expect.

Lets hope July is a good month for all!
    Hi @mummymaybe great to have you with us, there are a few of us newbies this month

Thanks
    Reviews
    So many newbies!! it's nice to share the journey. I am also trying acupuncture but it is so expensive!! How often is everyone aiming to go throughout their IVF cycle?
    Ive read two sessions on transfer day actually has some evidence.
    Has anyone else also read about eating pineapple post transfer? Sounds a bit far fetched but at $4.5k for the cycle I will probably try most things. If anyone else knows of any tricks, do share!
    First scan is Monday! Will be so interesting to see what is going on inside!

Have a lovely weekend all.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    @Ducky01 yeah I've read that too, I'm going to find out about acupuncture next week, I'll let you know what they tell me about frequency/timing etc.

Thanks
    Reviews
    My acupuncturist has said once a week for as long as you can before you start your cycle (recommended 3months) but anything you do will help. So once a week, then twice on transfer day. (Before and after). Then continue on with it after that. I've been going for 7 weeks now every week. By transfer, it'll be about 11 weeks in a row.

2009 - 2010 - diagnosed with severe endo - 2 x laps, 1 x laparotomy to remove endo.
    2011 - IVF - 1st cycle - chemical pregnancy, FET - BFN, 2nd FET - BFN
    2013 - another laparotomy - lost right ovary and tube to a 15cm endometrioma
    2014 - beginning IVF again...