Closed Thread
Page 61 of 209 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371111161 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    It sounds like everyone is having a great week!

We had EPU yesterday, we got 3 mature eggs as expected and I have just been told all 3 have fertilised!

My ET is booked for tomorrow AM, 48hrs after EPU. I asked my FS about this being so early he is of the firm belief that embryos should be where they belong as soon as possible. What is everyones thought and opinions on this?

Also I would like to join the haters of progesterone club already. First dose today and have had a red hot flushed face all day, to the point 3 random people have mentioned it!

I can't wait for transfer so we can head off for a week to celebrate our wedding anniversary.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mummymaybe For This Useful Post:

KitiK  (17-07-2014),LadyLouise  (17-07-2014),Precious40  (17-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/9/2014Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/7/2014200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    Well done on your fert rate. @mummymaybe. !

Thanks
    Reviews
    @ScubaGal Woohoo! Great haul! Glad you're feeling ok. Hope those eggs are getting it on your DH's swimmers as we speak!
    @mummymaybe Wow - great news! So far, so good, huh? You give me hope that there's still hope even with low follie numbers. Fingers crossed for your TWW.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to MrsChino For This Useful Post:

ScubaGal  (17-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ScubaGal View Post
    Well done on your fert rate. @mummymaybe. !
    Thanks it is great news!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsChino View Post
    @ScubaGal Woohoo! Great haul! Glad you're feeling ok. Hope those eggs are getting it on your DH's swimmers as we speak!
    @mummymaybe Wow - great news! So far, so good, huh? You give me hope that there's still hope even with low follie numbers. Fingers crossed for your TWW.
    Thanks MrsChino, we were so worried about fertilisation rates and seriously thought about cancelling the cycle. We used ICSI (male fertility issues) which I think helped boost our numbers.

FS assures me that 3 very good eggs is better than 15 average ones so we are happy.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by mummymaybe View Post

We had EPU yesterday, we got 3 mature eggs as expected and I have just been told all 3 have fertilised!

My ET is booked for tomorrow AM, 48hrs after EPU. I asked my FS about this being so early he is of the firm belief that embryos should be where they belong as soon as possible. What is everyones thought and opinions on this?

Also I would like to join the haters of progesterone club already. First dose today and have had a red hot flushed face all day, to the point 3 random people have mentioned it!

I can't wait for transfer so we can head off for a week to celebrate our wedding anniversary.
    I think it really depends on your reasons for doing IVF ie: mfi, implantation, endo, pcos issues. My clinic does day 5 ets. Reasoning is that by then the 'weaker' embryos (or ones that never really had a chance) have died off. I am pretty sure the research shows greater success with 5 day blasts. W3ll the research I have reviewed (maybe I am just seeing what I want to see though!). As long as the embryo is alive and dividing you have a chance at any stage. Good luck!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to KitiK For This Useful Post:

mummymaybe  (17-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/9/2014Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/7/2014200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by KitiK View Post
    I think it really depends on your reasons for doing IVF ie: mfi, implantation, endo, pcos issues. My clinic does day 5 ets. Reasoning is that by then the 'weaker' embryos (or ones that never really had a chance) have died off. I am pretty sure the research shows greater success with 5 day blasts. W3ll the research I have reviewed (maybe I am just seeing what I want to see though!). As long as the embryo is alive and dividing you have a chance at any stage. Good luck!
    @mummymaybe I've heard the same things about 5day blastys being optimal but that said I think it's really important to exercise some trust in your FS, one thing is for sure and that's that they will be most experienced at doing it their way.

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ScubaGal For This Useful Post:

KitiK  (17-07-2014),mummymaybe  (17-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Sally girl View Post
    Ree888- it will be interesting to see the difference. I'm doing half ICSI half natural (pending a good amount of eggs) so I will be able to give feedback on ICSI vs natural for normal semen. What was ur reason for getting your sperm from America?

Scubagirl- Thankyou, very glad to get started. Feels like such a long drawn out process. I guess the medication strength depends on ur fs, I was on clomid 150mg with a day 21 progesterone of 2, I think I have stubborn ovaries. Good luck with the retrieval Hun

Akakura- my fs said he was going to start me on low doses as he think I am high risk of hyper stimulation syndrome as I had 80+ cysts on ultrasound. Does seem like my dose is still a reasonable one. Is 10-15 the average target eggs?

Grace1- I would also like to know what day epu is. Good luck with meds, I think that's when it all gets very real

Anyone with monash ivf Geelong?

Me: 27 DH: 27
    Ttc since August '13. Diagnosed PCOS February '14
    No ovulation on 50mg, 100mg and 150mg of clomid
    Soon to start on the ivf journey
    I started on 150 and got 23 eggs next stim cycle dropped to 125 and got 19 eggs. I have poly cystic ovaries too but not pcos. I was probably borderline mild ohss, quite bloated and uncomfortable not unbearable tho.

u will probably respond well to being stimmed hence the lowish dose and ur young too, but saying that, we all respond differently!! So don't take my word for it

10-15 eggs is ideal any more and u can start to lose egg quality (of my 19 only 10 fertilised properly) any less and well u have less to play with! And u will see on here that some times one egg is enough for success so don't get too obsessed with the numbers (although I can't help myself either)

I'm at Monash in Clayton

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by mummymaybe View Post

My experiece is to trust what your FS/scientist and clinic normally do because that is what they are most comfortable, experienced and have the greatest chance of success, less risk of failure.

I always ask ask what their success rates for fresh are for 3 and 5 day transfers and what the scientist suggest on what they are seeing in the dish.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congrats on being PUPO to @newbeee22, @LadyLouise, @shell'88 the the tww fly by quickly!! Can't wait to join u in 5days....
    @ScubaGal - nice egg haul! Hope ur recovering well
    @mummymaybe - yay for 3/3 fert!! As long as u don't have mfi issues I think 2 day transfers can work. sperm DNA doesn't start contributing to embryo development until day 3 or later so they might look good now but not survive further. Fx for u

15. The Following User Says Thank You to akakura For This Useful Post:

LadyLouise  (17-07-2014)