Closed Thread
Page 56 of 209 FirstFirst ... 646545556575866106156 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Good Luck @shell'80 & @Newbeee. Looks like the three of us are FETing tomorrow. My transfer is 9.40am. Do you think POAS on the way home would be too early lol???? (P.S. I think I'd prefer injections to pessaries!!)

2. The Following User Says Thank You to LadyLouise For This Useful Post:

ScubaGal  (16-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @akakura welcome hun and good luck for your FET

@Sally girl hope AF arrives soon hun and good luck

@Ree888 sounds good hun, great embie numbers and you'll have double the chance... Yay bring on Friday hun

AFM: the one time I need AF to arrive and she decides to be late!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/9/2014Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/7/2014200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Sally girl View Post
    I had my appointment yesterday with the fs and finally feel like I understand the process a lot better, I might understand what you lovely ladies are talking about now,

I was told my AMH level was 76 which is high but a good thing (maybe due to my pcos)
    FS said my husband sample was done by superman (really happy with result)

So I'm currently on primolut to bring on AF so I can start this cycle, then proceed to take the pill.

The drugs they are ordering me are orgalutran 250mcg, purgeon 150iu, ovidrel 500mcg. I'm not sure if these are the common ones or if the doses are low/normal/high

My activation of treatment states the recommended treatment is half -ICSI. After a bit of research This surprised me because he said my partner had really good semen results. Is anyone else having ICSI with normal semen results, my only thought as to why he would recommend it is to increase the change of blastocysts. (Starting to learn the terminology).

Would love any feedback ladies, I finally feel like I can join in the conversations now.

Me: 27 DH: 27
    Ttc since August '13. Diagnosed PCOS February '14
    No ovulation on 50mg, 100mg and 150mg of clomid
    Soon to start on the ivf journey
    Hey @sallygirl great to have you with us, you must be stoked to be getting started and glad to hear you got some questions answered by your FS.

I don't know the answer to your question - but I wonder if the half and half is just to see which achieves a better fert rate for you, in case you do future cycles, you will know which works better? They do say that the first cycle is a bit of a trial run to see what works.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/9/2014Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/7/2014200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by babygirl7 View Post

AFM: the one time I need AF to arrive and she decides to be late!
    Heat packs! White underwear!

shell'80 is offline <3<3TTC our first little cherub<3<3
    Thanks
    Reviews
    @LadyLouise transfer for me is 1.10pm. YAY!!!
    My lord, I'm not enjoying these pessaries. I have never been constipated in my life. This morning I was almost in tears. I'm bumping up the water drinking and might buy some licorice.
    I think it might be too much progesterone??? I also am starting to feel queasy.

Can't wait til tomorrow PUPO here we come!! I have a 4 day weekend !!

Good luck tomorrow @Newbee and @LadyLouise

7. The Following User Says Thank You to shell'80 For This Useful Post:

LadyLouise  (16-07-2014)

shell'80 is offline <3<3TTC our first little cherub<3<3
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ScubaGal View Post
    Heat packs! White underwear!
    @ScubaGal. Classic! I've heard that before

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Quote Originally Posted by shell'80 View Post
    @LadyLouise transfer for me is 1.10pm. YAY!!!
    My lord, I'm not enjoying these pessaries. I have never been constipated in my life. This morning I was almost in tears. I'm bumping up the water drinking and might buy some licorice.
    I think it might be too much progesterone??? I also am starting to feel queasy.

Can't wait til tomorrow PUPO here we come!! I have a 4 day weekend !!

Good luck tomorrow @Newbee and @LadyLouise
    If it gets really bad ask your GP for some Movicol.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to ScubaGal For This Useful Post:

shell'80  (17-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I had my appointment yesterday with the fs and finally feel like I understand the process a lot better, I might understand what you lovely ladies are talking about now,

I was told my AMH level was 76 which is high but a good thing (maybe due to my pcos)

So I'm currently on primolut to bring on AF so I can start this cycle, then proceed to take the pill.

The drugs they are ordering me are orgalutran 250mcg, purgeon 150iu, ovidrel 500mcg. I'm not sure if these are the common ones or if the doses are low/normal/high

My activation of treatment states the recommended treatment is half -ICSI. After a bit of research This surprised me because he said my partner had really good semen results. Is anyone else having ICSI with normal semen results, my only thought as to why he would recommend it is to increase the change of blastocysts. (Starting to learn the terminology).

Would love any feedback ladies, I finally feel like I can join in the conversations now.
    Welcome @sallygirl. I had a very similar protocol (puregon, orgalutran and was scheduled for the ovidrel trigger, but because I was at high risk of OOHS they gave me the lucrin trigger instead, which can minimise the risk - it worked).

I got 10 eggs at epu. 5 were left to fert naturally, 5 were icsi (hedging our bets, first cycle is always a bit of an experiment). Out of our haul none of those left to naturally fert did so, but all 5 icsi'd fertilised. Out of that only 2 got to day 5. I we tranferred one (our beautiful dd2 - 18 months) and the other is currently frozen. We will be doing a natural fet with that one this time (if it thaws ok... fx)

My amh was 41 from memory (I think..?) And borderline pcos. Dh sperm was below average (not much chance of natural conception apparently - dd1 was a miracle 6+ years ago)...

I started on the pill and had crinone (progesterone support) once I got my bfp.

Good luck, hope your journey is short. x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi lovely ladies,

I've been trying to catch up on you all. Hope everyone is going well.

AFM-gave in and POAS using a FRER and it was a BFN, I'm 7dp5dt so pretty much resigned to fact it hasn't worked. Feeling like this is never going to happen. How does someone under 30 with only a few small immune issues fail 5 ivfs. Blah! Sorry for rant...too scared to tell DH and have my mum staying with me and too scared to tell her too as she gets more emotional than I do!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:

I'm no expert but I think those are higher doses, probably related to the PCOS. Especially your trigger of 500. I did mine last night and it was 250. My FSH stim was Gonal-F which I think does the same job as the Orang-utan but I was on 150 - no idea if they are comparable though.