Closed Thread
Page 51 of 209 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101151 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/9/2014Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/7/2014200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Bellavista View Post
    Hi Ladies

I am a long term ivf girl. Back here for round 8 - lucky number 8.

I am a poor responder (AMH is great for my age though) for the first 6 cycles 3 eggs each time, changed FS to Wazza he jacked up the meds DHEA, Melatonin, all the supplements under the sun, Human Growth hormone and got a whooping 17 eggs. 7 fertilied but by day5/6 nothing to transfer we have a sperm issue. DH is on Arimidex to try to assist the quality and quantity. Picking up meds on Thursday been on DHEA, Melatonin and all the extra plus Syneral since the 9th July also on Provera and Progynova to boost me as I get really depressed on syneral.

I think this will be the last go. We have to fly to Brisbane for the cycle from Cairns and the cost is close to $13K with all the meds, flights, accommodation and paying for scans here in Cairns. I just not sure how much more we can do mentally after this one.

Going for PICSI if the sperm is good enough last time after TESA it wasn't. We will head down a few days before and bank a sample to avoid TESA again and go for fresh on the day.

Will keep you all updated as I progress. good luck to everyone will read back over the thread.
    Hi @Bellavista
    Good luck for lucky #8 Glad to have a warrior woman with us.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to ScubaGal For This Useful Post:

Bellavista  (15-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ScubaGal View Post
    Hi @Bellavista

Good luck for lucky #8 Glad to have a warrior woman with us.
    Thanks for the welcome. Do you go diving regularly? We do as much as possible we have a boat perfect for diving from up here in FNQ.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/9/2014Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/7/2014200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    Thanks for the welcome. Do you go diving regularly? We do as much as possible we have a boat perfect for diving from up here in FNQ.
    Not as much as I'd like, I've got my advanced open water and just love the serenity of diving.

I chose the name Scubagal because I'm waiting to go diving - last time I went was on Honeymoon, April 2013 in magical Gili Air, Indonesia. The day we got home was the day AF didn't arrive and we began on this journey and found out about my endometriosis. And you know when you're TTC you're not spending your $$ on holidays and definitely can't book a great scuba trip unless you're taking a break...so anyway at some point this stuff will work and ***eventually*** I'll go for another dive

Gosh I wish my phone would ring so the nurses can tell me if I'm triggering tonight. I'm not getting a single bit of work done at the moment.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Ducky01 View Post
    Hello! Congrats on a good haul! I'm on my first cycle which unexpectedly only yielded two eggs- can I just ask- did they change your meds completely for your successful cycle or just up the dose? My FS mentioned changing from gonal f to menopur for next time.
    @Ducky01
    First cycle was on lowish dose gonal f and also orgalutran, I actually had a few smallish follicles each side but only one each side grew to required size so cycle cancelled as just 2 follicles suitable for epu. 2nd cycle FS increased gonal f dose but also added luveris and continued with orgalutran.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Bluemeeple For This Useful Post:

Ducky01  (15-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Great numbers @Ree888! I bet you are stoked! I think at ultrasound the fs are sometimes really cautious not to get our hopes up. 14, awesome! Hope you get some good fert rates

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ScubaGal View Post
    Well done Righty!!! What a little legend - 14 eggs!!
    Thanks Scuba a little legend indeed!

Welcome @Bellavista - I have to say - you have a lot of strength - 8 cycles! I really truly hope this is the lucky one for you.

2009 - 2010 - diagnosed with severe endo - 2 x laps, 1 x laparotomy to remove endo.
    2011 - IVF - 1st cycle - chemical pregnancy, FET - BFN, 2nd FET - BFN
    2013 - another laparotomy - lost right ovary and tube to a 15cm endometrioma
    2014 - beginning IVF again...

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Ree888 For This Useful Post:

Bellavista  (15-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by KitiK View Post
    Great numbers @Ree888! I bet you are stoked! I think at ultrasound the fs are sometimes really cautious not to get our hopes up. 14, awesome! Hope you get some good fert rates
    Thanks KitiK I am super stoked!
    How far away are you from your FET now?

2009 - 2010 - diagnosed with severe endo - 2 x laps, 1 x laparotomy to remove endo.
    2011 - IVF - 1st cycle - chemical pregnancy, FET - BFN, 2nd FET - BFN
    2013 - another laparotomy - lost right ovary and tube to a 15cm endometrioma
    2014 - beginning IVF again...

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Ree888 For This Useful Post:

KitiK  (15-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Patiently awaiting CD1 (should be Friday...)...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies

I am a long term ivf girl. Back here for round 8 - lucky number 8.

I am a poor responder (AMH is great for my age though) for the first 6 cycles 3 eggs each time, changed FS to Wazza he jacked up the meds DHEA, Melatonin, all the supplements under the sun, Human Growth hormone and got a whooping 17 eggs. 7 fertilied but by day5/6 nothing to transfer we have a sperm issue. DH is on Arimidex to try to assist the quality and quantity. Picking up meds on Thursday been on DHEA, Melatonin and all the extra plus Syneral since the 9th July also on Provera and Progynova to boost me as I get really depressed on syneral.

I think this will be the last go. We have to fly to Brisbane for the cycle from Cairns and the cost is close to $13K with all the meds, flights, accommodation and paying for scans here in Cairns. I just not sure how much more we can do mentally after this one.

Going for PICSI if the sperm is good enough last time after TESA it wasn't. We will head down a few days before and bank a sample to avoid TESA again and go for fresh on the day.

Will keep you all updated as I progress. good luck to everyone will read back over the thread.
    Hey Bellavista.... Hope you have as good as results with the Arimidex as we did... How long will be on it prior EPU?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Update!
    Trigger is midnight tonight, EPU midday Thursday
    Yay!!!

15. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ScubaGal For This Useful Post:

Butterfly39  (15-07-2014),KitiK  (15-07-2014),LadyLouise  (16-07-2014),Soques  (15-07-2014)