Closed Thread
Page 50 of 209 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260100150 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Fert results are in 19 retrieved, 16 mature, icsi due to pgd planning >> 9 fertilised normally, 2 fert abnormally, 5 didn't fertilise.

Large numbers do seem to be a double edged sword. It's a balancing act between numbers and quality, and of course threat of ohss. You can get much more attrition ... So I've ended up with an ordinary number of day 1 embies for me which is roughly 8 or 9 . Because we are doing aCGH this cycle is largely experimental/diagnostic so I'm being ruthless with them in the lab so the scientists have as much info as possible so we can plan the next cycle, therefore I am not getting too attached to this batch. It's also my first ever cycle with new fs.... First pancake doesn't always work out at least not for me anyway.....
    Last edited by Butterfly39; 15-07-2014 at 11:32.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Butterfly39 For This Useful Post:

KitiK  (15-07-2014),Soques  (15-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/9/2014Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/7/2014200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Butterfly39 View Post
    Fert results are in 19 retrieved, 16 mature, icsi due to pgd planning >> 9 fertilised normally, 2 fert abnormally, 5 didn't fertilise.

Large numbers seem to be a double edged sword. You can get much more attrition ... So I've ended up with an ordinary number of day 1 embies for me which is roughly 8 or 9 . Because we are doing aCGH this cycle is largely experimental/diagnostic so I'm being ruthless with them in the lab so the scientists have as much info as possible so we can plan the next cycle, therefore I am not getting too attached to this batch.
    Understand you not wanting to get too attached. Still sounds like a good haul

4. The Following User Says Thank You to ScubaGal For This Useful Post:

Butterfly39  (15-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluemeeple View Post
    Hi, have been following you guys for a while and hoping to join in.

We did first ever Ivf stim cycle in June but cancelled before epu due to only 2 follicles.

Now doing second cycle, had epu yesterday, 22 eggs collected. Just found out 13 were mature and at the moment 6 fertilised. FS said they had trouble finding enough sperm for the eggs now just stressing and hoping they keep growing. We are freezing all due to concerns for ohss. Doing ivf due to low sperm count.

At home today after epu and trying not to google myself crazy
    Welcome @Bluemeeple 😊

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

6. The Following User Says Thank You to KitiK For This Useful Post:

Bluemeeple  (15-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Butterfly39 that's understandable hun, always good to plan ahead for a better chance hun. I hope you get back many perfect embies. great haul hun

8. The Following User Says Thank You to babygirl7 For This Useful Post:

Butterfly39  (15-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ladies hoping to join you thread please. I have been reading through previous posts and am surprised at some of the egg numbers some of you are getting. Im very new to this whole IVF thing and my expectations weren't that high - gives hope
    a little about me, hubby and i are 29 and have a 3year old daughter conceived naturally, born via csect in 2011. Been trying to conceive number 2 for over 18months now. had a laparoscopy in april this year and was told both my tubes are blocked due to adhesions from my csect and would need ivf - very shocked.
    We have met with FS and am just waiting on AF (due next week) so we can start our 1st cycle. doing a long down regulation cycle so all going to plan will have to start nasal spray mid august.
    I'm sure being such a newbie to all of this i will have lots of questions for you all along the way.
    wishing you all the best of luck with your cycles

10. The Following User Says Thank You to sherbet1230 For This Useful Post:

KitiK  (15-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Welcome @Twinkley!
    @MrsChino I'm sorry to hear you don't have many follies. I too had a very large endometrioma on my left ovary, leaving it pretty much ruined - they couldn't find the ovary because of the destruction. So I do really understand your disappointment and heartbreak - you start thinking 'what next?' Just try to stay positive - have your cry and be kind to yourself, and focus on doing what you can to make the most out of the cycle.

Welcome @Bluemeeple - 22 is great and even 6 fertilized is a good result. Fingers crossed they continue to grow into strong little embies.

Congrats @Butterfly39 - 9 fertilized is still great!

Welcome @sherbet1230 - I hope your ivf journey is a short one.

AFM - egg pickup done, got 14 eggs from my lonely right ovary - super happy with that result as I was very anxious I'd get nothing and that'd be it for me since I only have the one. Very sore and crampy but otherwise okay. I find out fertilization tmrw and if we go ahead with either a 3 day or 5 day transfer.

2009 - 2010 - diagnosed with severe endo - 2 x laps, 1 x laparotomy to remove endo.
    2011 - IVF - 1st cycle - chemical pregnancy, FET - BFN, 2nd FET - BFN
    2013 - another laparotomy - lost right ovary and tube to a 15cm endometrioma
    2014 - beginning IVF again...

12. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Ree888 For This Useful Post:

Bluemeeple  (15-07-2014),Butterfly39  (15-07-2014),KitiK  (15-07-2014),LadyLouise  (16-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluemeeple View Post
    Hi, have been following you guys for a while and hoping to join in.

We did first ever Ivf stim cycle in June but cancelled before epu due to only 2 follicles.

Now doing second cycle, had epu yesterday, 22 eggs collected. Just found out 13 were mature and at the moment 6 fertilised. FS said they had trouble finding enough sperm for the eggs now just stressing and hoping they keep growing. We are freezing all due to concerns for ohss. Doing ivf due to low sperm count.

At home today after epu and trying not to google myself crazy
    Hello! Congrats on a good haul! I'm on my first cycle which unexpectedly only yielded two eggs- can I just ask- did they change your meds completely for your successful cycle or just up the dose? My FS mentioned changing from gonal f to menopur for next time.
    Ps ladies- how do I highlight names for personals- do I just put an @ symbol in front of the username? Sorry I'm not very clever at this!!
    still reading and keeping up with everyone- some great numbers!
    mrs chino- sorry to hear about the numbers- sounds similar to me but you never know!!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Ducky01 For This Useful Post:

Bluemeeple  (15-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/9/2014Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/7/2014200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Ree888 View Post
    AFM - egg pickup done, got 14 eggs from my lonely right ovary - super happy with that result as I was very anxious I'd get nothing and that'd be it for me since I only have the one. Very sore and crampy but otherwise okay. I find out fertilization tmrw and if we go ahead with either a 3 day or 5 day transfer.
    Well done Righty!!! What a little legend - 14 eggs!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Quote Originally Posted by sherbet1230 View Post
    Hi ladies hoping to join you thread please. I have been reading through previous posts and am surprised at some of the egg numbers some of you are getting. Im very new to this whole IVF thing and my expectations weren't that high - gives hope
    a little about me, hubby and i are 29 and have a 3year old daughter conceived naturally, born via csect in 2011. Been trying to conceive number 2 for over 18months now. had a laparoscopy in april this year and was told both my tubes are blocked due to adhesions from my csect and would need ivf - very shocked.
    We have met with FS and am just waiting on AF (due next week) so we can start our 1st cycle. doing a long down regulation cycle so all going to plan will have to start nasal spray mid august.
    I'm sure being such a newbie to all of this i will have lots of questions for you all along the way.
    wishing you all the best of luck with your cycles
    Welcome @Sherbert1230
    Golly - that must have been a shock about your tubes. I didn't know that could happen as a result of a C-section. Hopefully you'll have a good result with IVF though (which I think was invented to assist conception where there are tube issues) and you'll get it first go

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi Ladies

I am a long term ivf girl. Back here for round 8 - lucky number 8.

I am a poor responder (AMH is great for my age though) for the first 6 cycles 3 eggs each time, changed FS to Wazza he jacked up the meds DHEA, Melatonin, all the supplements under the sun, Human Growth hormone and got a whooping 17 eggs. 7 fertilied but by day5/6 nothing to transfer we have a sperm issue. DH is on Arimidex to try to assist the quality and quantity. Picking up meds on Thursday been on DHEA, Melatonin and all the extra plus Syneral since the 9th July also on Provera and Progynova to boost me as I get really depressed on syneral.

I think this will be the last go. We have to fly to Brisbane for the cycle from Cairns and the cost is close to $13K with all the meds, flights, accommodation and paying for scans here in Cairns. I just not sure how much more we can do mentally after this one.

Going for PICSI if the sperm is good enough last time after TESA it wasn't. We will head down a few days before and bank a sample to avoid TESA again and go for fresh on the day.

Will keep you all updated as I progress. good luck to everyone will read back over the thread.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Bellavista For This Useful Post:

Soques  (15-07-2014)