Closed Thread
Page 47 of 209 FirstFirst ... 3745464748495797147 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Sorry I haven’t been around to see how everyone is going. We have had a pretty rough week on all fronts.

I had my day 12 uss and bloods today and the results were really heartbreaking.

On day 9 (Friday) my uss showed 15 follicles between 8-15mm and following that my FSH dose was increased and I continued on the orgalutran which we started day 7. We were so happy about this and were expecting things would continue like this.

Today my day 12 uss showed only 3 follicles all 20-22mm. My FS was a little shocked as was I. He said sometimes the dominant follicles can absorb the smaller ones. He said he is sure that based on bloods I haven’t ovulated. A bit of time on Google and can’t find any information about this happening.

FS thinks going to EPU on Wednesday to get the 3 that are left is well worth it but he has also said that we should be prepared to only get one embryo.

What on earth as happened? I feel like we have worked so hard to get here and it might be all for nothing.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @shell'80 yay hun

@mummymaybe oh hun I'm sorry to hear, I'm sorry but I can't give any explanation as to why this has happened. Fingers crossed for EPU hun and stay positive as it only takes one

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by mummymaybe View Post
    Sorry I haven’t been around to see how everyone is going. We have had a pretty rough week on all fronts.

On day 9 (Friday) my uss showed 15 follicles between 8-15mm and following that my FSH dose was increased and I continued on the orgalutran which we started day 7. We were so happy about this and were expecting things would continue like this.

Today my day 12 uss showed only 3 follicles all 20-22mm. My FS was a little shocked as was I. He said sometimes the dominant follicles can absorb the smaller ones. He said he is sure that based on bloods I haven’t ovulated. A bit of time on Google and can’t find any information about this happening.

FS thinks going to EPU on Wednesday to get the 3 that are left is well worth it but he has also said that we should be prepared to only get one embryo.

What on earth as happened? I feel like we have worked so hard to get here and it might be all for nothing.
    O no. That is awful. If I was in that situation I'd seriously look at cancelling and starting over next period

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Butterfly39 For This Useful Post:

KitiK  (14-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @scubagirl Lol I'm sure your patience will pay off. Mine was delayed also
    Last edited by Butterfly39; 14-07-2014 at 19:06.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Butterfly39 For This Useful Post:

ScubaGal  (14-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @mummymaybe - I'm sorry hun. Big hugs! I'm not sure how this could happen but do not lose hope! Not all is lost! While it is terribly discouraging to lose all those follicles you're cycle has not been cancelled and it sounds like you are still going to have EPU and get some eggs. And those eggs may become embies and one of those embies may be you're baby! It's just such a rollarcoaster because you have absolutely no control over the whole process and it is such an emotional experience full of high and lows. Keeping fingers crossed for you for a successful EPU!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/9/2014Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/7/2014200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week

Hi there, sorry to hear that you must be quite disappointed. It does sound like from your post that the dosage increase has caused them to jump in size, but I'm no doctor and I don't understand it myself very well.

I'm in a sort of similar situation where I've got several big ones that apparently aren't any good, although my dosage hasn't changed.

It does seem to be true that it's a bit experimental - my nurse explained it really well today that they want to get you the maximum number at the right size so it's something of trial and error to get a good bunch. The longer you leave them stimming the more likely they go supernova or whatever it's really called, but too soon and they might not be ready ...

I'm trying to practice a bit of mindfulness and just trust that my FS has a plan, but it is tough getting that call when it's not what you expected.

Hang in there and good luck.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks girls,

You are all right, it only takes one.

FS says he is pretty sure I will get 3 eggs it is just the question of how well the fertilisation goes. We did discuss cancelling but FS and DH agree that it is worth a try.

Bring on the trigger shot tonight and EPU 1030 Wednesday.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thanks girls,

You are all right, it only takes one.

FS says he is pretty sure I will get 3 eggs it is just the question of how well the fertilisation goes. We did discuss cancelling but FS and DH agree that it is worth a try.

Bring on the trigger shot tonight and EPU 1030 Wednesday.
    Is this your first cycle? Mine was, my scan didn't match my bloods and we only got 2 eggs from 12 follicles or thereabouts but one did fertilize and they transferred it at day 5 so I guess it's worth a shot. I understand you being upset- I was expecting to wake up with a 12 written on my hand but woke up with a 2!! It was heartbreaking because it just wasn't what I was expecting. I guess it is all a guessing game but hey we got one so not all is lost yet! Good luck with EPU!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/9/2014Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/7/2014200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Ducky01 View Post
    ... It was heartbreaking because it just wasn't what I was expecting. I guess it is all a guessing game but hey we got one so not all is lost yet! Good luck with EPU!!
    We need a book called 'What to Expect, when you're Expecting to be Expecting'...

The ups and downs are so intense.

AFM a new delight to add to my poor uncomfortable, bloated tummy (I look about 12 weeks pregnant) is the hiccups. I've had hiccups something like 8 times today along with reflux. I think there's just no room left in my tummy.

I'm in bed already and its not even 8pm. My clever plan for tomorrow is to arrive at the clinic at 6:45 so I can miss all the creche pandemonium of the waiting room.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to ScubaGal For This Useful Post:

LadyLouise  (16-07-2014)

shell'80 is offline <3<3TTC our first little cherub<3<3
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quick question ladies.
    So... I go in for my 5day blastocyst transfer on Thursday.
    Now when will the blood test usually be? My handbook says 14 days after transfer. However.. My "normal" af is due next Friday and that makes it 8 days past transfer.

Anyone have any idea??