Closed Thread
Page 41 of 209 FirstFirst ... 3139404142435191141 ... LastLast
    shell'80 is offline <3<3TTC our first little cherub<3<3
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @ScubaGal @KitiK is right. FS said there was only 5 maybe 6 at my scan. EPU came around and they found 9 (they can't see all of them, they hide the tricky little buggers)

I too used the visualizing technique and would you believe I was right with my numbers.

I visualized that we would get at least 6 to 5 day blastocysts. And we got 5 we have previously never got more than 2 to 2 days

I believe in putting it out there into the universe

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to shell'80 For This Useful Post:

KitiK  (12-07-2014),Soques  (12-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ScubaGal View Post
    So I just got the call from the Nurse. Only 5-8 follicles (I was hoping for a few more than that...so much for my visualisation meditations). One follicle is too big - turning into a cyst at 20mm, the others are 10-15mm. Got another blood test and ultrasound on Monday morning. The low number of follies has knocked my confidence a bit..
    at my first scan there were 8 or 9 then 2 days later there 14 good ones with 19 total. A few more might pop up by Monday. It's not unusual to have a boss hog follie. Anyhow - You might get 12 and get bfn, you might get 1 and get BFP. Don't waste your time worrying about it, we essentially have very little control over what's going to happen. Do whatever makes you feel happy is what's important, because this thing called life is happening right now!

I'm spraying you with high powered virtual baby dust anyhow

Afm trigger tonight eek I'll be at work - couldn't have planned that in a sillier fashion

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Butterfly39 For This Useful Post:

KitiK  (12-07-2014),ScubaGal  (13-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by KitiK View Post
    @scubagirl when is your epu? They don't always see them all on ultrasound very well, fx for good numbers at epu.
    Ps: @scubagirl, my fs only saw 5-6 on scanning but we got 10 good mature ones at epu. 5 left to fert normally and got 0, 5 ISCI, all 5 fert with only 1 for fresh transfer and 1 for freeze) #'s don't mean much, we were successful with #1 and are hoping #2 thaws and we get another baby. If not, that is it for us! xx

6. The Following User Says Thank You to KitiK For This Useful Post:

Soques  (12-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ScubaGal View Post
    YAAAAY! @Soques I think that was you I saw at the clinic this morning - Ive got such a good vibe for you
    Yep that was me... Awaiting for acupuncture before transfer...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Lots going on, with some promising results.

Thanks for the roll call, hard to keep track but brilliant to have a summary for everyone.

Question for @Ducky01: What’s the theory behind keeping warm, Brazil nuts and pineapple? I am a bit oblivious to stuff like that. Anyone else have any other tips or hints?

AFM: I had an US Thurs am and lining was at 11. (I am told that is good.) FN was happy with this progress, started on pessaries today ready for FET on Thurs 17th. Hoping one blasto (we have two) survives for transfer. FX

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by LadyLouise View Post
    Lots going on, with some promising results.

Thanks for the roll call, hard to keep track but brilliant to have a summary for everyone.

Question for @Ducky01: What’s the theory behind keeping warm, Brazil nuts and pineapple? I am a bit oblivious to stuff like that. Anyone else have any other tips or hints?

AFM: I had an US Thurs am and lining was at 11. (I am told that is good.) FN was happy with this progress, started on pessaries today ready for FET on Thurs 17th. Hoping one blasto (we have two) survives for transfer. FX
    Welllll none of it is proven science but if you google it- the bromelain in pineapple (an enzyme) and the selenium in Brazil nuts apparently assist with implantation. The keeping warm thing comes from my acupuncturist yesterday who said drink teas and eat soups etc as Chinese medicine recommends keeping that tummy area warm. As I said, none of it is science but I would stand on my head if I read it helped. As it turned out- Coles has pineapples for $2 this week. Hit me up.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ducky01 For This Useful Post:

KitiK  (12-07-2014),LadyLouise  (12-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @ScubaGal-just remember it's quality not quantity. Some clinics even doing mini ivf to get best quality eggs. Don't be disheartened.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Ducky01-11mm is great! Are you doing a natural FET? I think I'll try that next time. I was on that much jolly estrogen for about 40 days and still only got to 8.1mm! Best of luck for the transfer.

Just went to the food and wine show and bought a few bottles of wine-hoping to entice Murphy into a BFP.....or just a very drunken BFN!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Ducky01 View Post
    Welllll none of it is proven science but if you google it- the bromelain in pineapple (an enzyme) and the selenium in Brazil nuts apparently assist with implantation. The keeping warm thing comes from my acupuncturist yesterday who said drink teas and eat soups etc as Chinese medicine recommends keeping that tummy area warm. As I said, none of it is science but I would stand on my head if I read it helped. As it turned out- Coles has pineapples for $2 this week. Hit me up.
    i was advised the same by Accupunturist

14. The Following User Says Thank You to cheekyhumour For This Useful Post:

LadyLouise  (12-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Apparently they say pineapple before and up to, but not after transfer day?? Is that right?

I heard to keep your feet warm too... :-)

But I was also told to do the 'bicycle' after sx which never worked! Lol