Closed Thread
Page 34 of 209 FirstFirst ... 2432333435364484134 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi all hope everyone is going ok on their journeys Stressing a bit this morning as I wait for the phone call to tell me if the eggs have fertilised started with 9 went to 7 then only 4 usable now it's just all a waiting game have had a fairly good run but boy my stomach still really hurts from egg retrieval

2. The Following User Says Thank You to cheekyhumour For This Useful Post:

LadyLouise  (12-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Good luck @cheekyhumour ! Let us know how you go x

Me 33 PCOS
    DH 38 Low Morphology 😔
    TTC#1 since Oct 2012
    Clomid #1- 50mg 11/11/13 - No ovulation 😔
    Clomid #2- 100mg 26/12/13 - Ovulated yay!! - BFN
    TTC Break over
    Nurses appt 27th June
    ICSI #1 - July sometime

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ScubaGal View Post

I confided in a friend at work about doing IVF who is just about to start mat leave for her first baby, (conceived by IVF) - she mentioned some kind of treatment used in ICSI whereby once they've got the sperm they add this hormone(?) to the Petrie dish and the better sperm are attracted to it which helps them select the best sperm.

Anyone know what that is? She couldn't remember the name, but said they used it in their successful round.

Bleh.
    Hi @ScubaGal, they call it HA-ICSI at my clinic and we are using it. According to the information sheet it says "mature sperm bind to HA (hyaluronan) on the ICSI dish.Sperm that are immature and have high DNA damage do not bind to the HA and are not used. HA ICSI allows us to select sperm that are functional, mature and of good DNA Integrity". Hope this helps.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/9/2014Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/7/2014200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Grace1 View Post
    Hi @ScubaGal, they call it HA-ICSI at my clinic and we are using it. According to the information sheet it says "mature sperm bind to HA (hyaluronan) on the ICSI dish.Sperm that are immature and have high DNA damage do not bind to the HA and are not used. HA ICSI allows us to select sperm that are functional, mature and of good DNA Integrity". Hope this helps.
    Hi Grace thanks yes that's it my friend said she remembered HA...something. I'm going to ask Genea if they do that or what they do to select the best swimmers.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ScubaGal View Post
    Well it's day four of stimming for me and I've had funny nausea today and now got lower pelvic pain and bloating.

Started the cetrotide this morning, did a bit of googling and it seems to be a newer drug (?), which has to be mixed in a vial before injecting, it was quite complicated especially for my sleep addled brain.

I have been freezing all day and unable to keep warm but conversely I've been waking up in the middle of each night drenched in sweat... Not sure what that's about... Nurse says so far my levels look fine and to just let them know if I feel really bad.

I'm in Melbourne tonight, the dreaded work travel, and of course the flight had two extremely loud kids squealing and yelling for the entire flight which made me equal parts cranky and desperate to use the words 'INSIDE VOICES' as well as sad about this whole thing, wondering if I'm even cut out to be a mum if I can't deal with a couple of shouty kids on a plane - IVF seems so ridiculous at times, so much effort to go through...sometimes I feel like I'm just going through the motions because it's either that or watch my fertility slip away. I'd never admit that in real life though because everyone says "oh you must really, really want a baby to go through so much doing IVF" and I'm just not sure how to respond.

I confided in a friend at work about doing IVF who is just about to start mat leave for her first baby, (conceived by IVF) - she mentioned some kind of treatment used in ICSI whereby once they've got the sperm they add this hormone(?) to the Petrie dish and the better sperm are attracted to it which helps them select the best sperm.

Anyone know what that is? She couldn't remember the name, but said they used it in their successful round.

Bleh.
    Hang in there @ScubaGal Sometimes I wake up up in the early hours and get bad anxiety over the fact that I am trying for a second one, I do wonder if having a second is a good idea at times when one is overwhelming. PND is so common for a reason...... I flew on my own to the UK over xmas and I was a bit more sympathetic with the parents on the flight but I was glad to get off that plane and I was pretty happy to have left my own screaming gremlin behind.
    @Butterfly39 sounds like those follies are revving up nicely! Glad its looking good.
    @cheekyhumour good luck today, hope you get a good fert rate

AFM I've been trying to track when I'm due to ovulate (to keep my mind off my cancelled cycle and how long it is to the next) and I've started spotting. I shouldn't get my period for at least another 2 weeks so I have no idea what is going on. Grr.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Bongley For This Useful Post:

Butterfly39  (10-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @ScubaGal I can really relate to your reservations about this. I come home to our peaceful quiet flat after visiting the (rather full-on) nieces and nephews and think – do I really want to give this up?! I think it would have been different for me if we had TTC for ages first and had all the disappointment and hope that went with that, all the while desperately wanting a baby. As it was, we were basically told after my endo surgery that we should get cracking, so we kind of felt like it was now or never whether we were ready or not. But I also agree with @Amiracleforme that part of my ambivalence is probably a protective thing. It makes it easier to deal with when your emotions aren’t letting you want it too much.
    @cheekyhumour Fertility yoga sounds great! I reckon I would love that. Crossing fingers for some good fertilisation and healthy embryos for you.
    @ladybug14 Good luck! Lots of sticky vibes coming your way.

AFM, I saw my FS this morning and picked up my drugs. He did a quick scan, and lo and behold found another endometrioma. I only had my endo surgery a year ago so I’m really quite bummed that it’s back. Mind you, I kind of suspected I still had it given my symptoms, but at the same time I still had hope that it wouldn’t recur. FS said we won’t do anything about it at this point as it shouldn’t interfere with the IVF and it’s only 4cm, but we will monitor it and after this is all done, I’ll have to go back in for more surgery. Sigh.
    My first injection is tomorrow morning. I think I’ll be ok with it after the first one– just a mental hurdle to cross! Yikes.

Thinking of everyone stimming, EPU’ing and waiting for results today.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MrsChino For This Useful Post:

Butterfly39  (11-07-2014),ladybug14  (10-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Sareeb77 yay for being PUPO hun, sending you lots of sticky baby dust and hope the tww treats you well

@Ree888 glad it was ok to take our jab late hun, I will definitely be setting an alarm for mines and DF alarm lol.

@Butterfly39 oh the horrible Syneral, glad the sniffing is over for you hun. I'm happy I don't have to sniff it this cycle. how did scan go

@MrsChino glad AF arrived hun, always good to get going. I too am having a stressful month with family and not sure if it's any good. I'm sorry to hear your endometrioma has returned hun, stay positive and like FS said it shouldn't interfere with your cycle. Hope first jab goes well hun.

@freakedout44 glad jabbing has started hun

@Ree888 not long till Tuesday now hun, good luck

@mamaharriet welcome hun & oh the dreaded Syneral. Good luck hun

@Meeks76 hope all goes well for Mondays FET hun, good luck

@Nezz79 c'mon AF

@ladybug14 yay for being PUPO hun, lots of baby dust. When's BT?

@ALP welcome hun and good luck

@cheekyhumour fingers crossed hun

@Bongley so is AF early or?

AFM: awaiting AF on Tuesday

11. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to babygirl7 For This Useful Post:

Butterfly39  (10-07-2014),ladybug14  (10-07-2014),mamaharriet  (10-07-2014),MrsChino  (10-07-2014),Sareeb77  (10-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Babygirl7 - Re syneral - poor DH has been sheltering in a bunker basically while I've been on it ... It's been the worst cycle emotionally for me - short fuse - I feel really sorry for menopausal women now as it puts you into chemical menopause essentially. Now I understand why women in their 50s are not to be trifled with !
    But I can't bash the syneral now because scan yesterday showed 19 eggs but only 14 are probably going to be suitable...... Amazing what a different protocol can do.

re fertility yoga and acupuncture - not doing it at the moment but planning on starting acupuncture again and massage as it certainly had a well being component and my embryo numbers and quality seemed better on it. My new fs also has me on dong quai, melatonin, vit e,d,c,zinc, folic acid, fish oil, coenzyme q.
    Last edited by Butterfly39; 10-07-2014 at 11:20.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/9/2014Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/7/2014200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    Good luck @ladybug14 for your lucky blasty!

LOL @Butterfly39 re hiding in a bunker - poor guy, it sounds pretty rough on both of you.
    @MrsChino and @Bongley yeah I think it's something to do with IVF being so deliberate it's like I feel an extra pressure that I'll have to be the most perfect zen earth mother who loves all kids when actually I just sort of stumbled into this stuff. I though we'd get married, stop using the withdrawal method and then just accidentally get on the roller coaster of having kids.

Instead it's so deliberate that I feel like people (I don't know who really it's all in my head) will get all judgy-pants if I don't cope well with the tougher parts of parenting - it's that comment 'wow you must really really want kids'... Really I'm probably just as guilty as any new mum would be of looking up fashionable maternity wear and not really prepared for nappies and hard work...

I also get really angry about young women you see on TV shows who abuse their bodies (and sometimes their kids) and get pregnant so easily, it's so unfair - my body is a freakin temple by comparison.

Anyway, whatevs, I'm feeling pretty positive today, I'm telling myself that my pregnancy will be a really good one and some positive thinking that this is going to work and I'm doing a really good, brave job so far.

Listening to some Dixie Chicks on the way home to Sydney.

14. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ScubaGal For This Useful Post:

Butterfly39  (10-07-2014),ladybug14  (10-07-2014),MrsChino  (10-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Butterfly39 glad your new protocol is giving you better results. I too am doing a different protocol this cycle. Fingers crossed.

@ScubaGal I feel ya hun, I too don't understand how it can be so easy for others but so hard for the ones who are paying so much, trying so hard and deserve to have a baby aswell. Just so not fair. It is one thing I don't think I will ever understand or come to terms with. I just keep thinking 'Positivity' to get me through.

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to babygirl7 For This Useful Post:

Butterfly39  (10-07-2014),ScubaGal  (10-07-2014)