Closed Thread
Page 27 of 209 FirstFirst ... 1725262728293777127 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cheekyhumour View Post
    I have been following thread for a while but wasn't ready to do a proper post THANKYOU for all the helpful info on the way everyone.
    First time around with IVF for me Yes I have finally made it after running twice in the last 4 years when I was due to start IVF and being scared stiff . Have just had 9 eggs retreived more then I could have hope for for my age woo hoo . Did a lot of fertility Yoga meditation and Accupunture which majorly helped Hope everyone had a great day
    Great numbers.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ScubaGal View Post
    Help! I just did my first Gonal-F pen injection at home and I followed all the instructions - held the top down for ten seconds etc, checked that the counter returned to zero, but after I withdrew the needle a tiny droplet formed at the end of the needle... Has this happened to others? Did I mess it up? Surely the dose is more than one tiny droplet..?
    Hi @ScubaGal It always does that with me, no matter how long I leave it in I always get that droplet forming. I don't think its a problem.

So sorry @Biscotti71 thats really awful news

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Bongley For This Useful Post:

ScubaGal  (07-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by cheekyhumour View Post
    I have been following thread for a while but wasn't ready to do a proper post THANKYOU for all the helpful info on the way everyone.
    First time around with IVF for me Yes I have finally made it after running twice in the last 4 years when I was due to start IVF and being scared stiff . Have just had 9 eggs retreived more then I could have hope for for my age woo hoo . Did a lot of fertility Yoga meditation and Accupunture which majorly helped Hope everyone had a great day
    great numbers @cheekyhumour for your fert rate tomorrow

good luck everyone who is doing EPU this week.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I started the Orgalutran yesterday...It's a little bigger than the gonal-f but only stings a little bit. I read horror stories and was so scared. Was all for nothing. Good luck x

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BabyOB For This Useful Post:

KitiK  (07-07-2014),ScubaGal  (07-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/9/2014Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/7/2014200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    Yep so I checked with the Nurse and she said it's normal that there's a drop left over, she said sometimes as you withdraw the needle a drop might be left on your skin too, also normal.

So that's handy to know.

Went to the counselling appointment today which was good, just a chance to download all this stuff without poor old DH having to listen to it.

I'm in such a daze at the moment being so preoccupied with IVF. Nearly fell over in the bath this morning and I'm finding the smallest things make me really cranky. I think that's more stress than the hormones though.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ScubaGal View Post
    Yep so I checked with the Nurse and she said it's normal that there's a drop left over, she said sometimes as you withdraw the needle a drop might be left on your skin too, also normal.

So that's handy to know.

Went to the counselling appointment today which was good, just a chance to download all this stuff without poor old DH having to listen to it.

I'm in such a daze at the moment being so preoccupied with IVF. Nearly fell over in the bath this morning and I'm finding the smallest things make me really cranky. I think that's more stress than the hormones though.
    Yea it is usually more the stress than the hormones... Deep breaths...also sometimes some guided meditation to listen to at night can be good... There is lots of good stuff out there just for IVF and TTC ... Circle and bloom is probably my favorite.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Soques For This Useful Post:

ScubaGal  (07-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Afm- EPU went well 7 eggs collected... 3 look really good... Others a bit on the young side, but they may mature before the ICSI... Using high calcium medium... So hopefully that will help as well... Any luck transfer will be on Saturday...

But will wait to hear...

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Soques For This Useful Post:

KitiK  (07-07-2014),ScubaGal  (07-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @cheekyhumour welcome hun and great egg haul

@Biscotti71 sorry to hear hun, look after yourself. Hopefully your fs can have some answers for you

@BabyOB I'm super nervous about doing the Orgalutran injections lol I start next week I think

@ScubaGal glad you got some reassurance about the gonal f, I only picked mine up today may I ask what is your dosage? Mine is 200iu. Hope the counselling helps

@Soques great haul hun, now grow lil embies. Fingers crossed for great a fertilisation rates hun

AFM: had Appt with FN this morning got the usual paperwork, also collected my gonal f injections. Antibiotics to take for after EPU. awaiting AF arrival Tuesday next week to begin.

One thing that concerned me was the FN told me that my FS doesn't like to do monitoring by bloods during cycle??? Hmmm I requested to at least have my progesterone check as last cycles I had really low levels. May I ask all what do you ladies pay per stim cycle?? I was given an eating of $13k for our stim.

Hope everyone is doing well

13. The Following User Says Thank You to babygirl7 For This Useful Post:

Biscotti71  (07-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by babygirl7 View Post
    @cheekyhumour welcome hun and great egg haul

@Biscotti71 sorry to hear hun, look after yourself. Hopefully your fs can have some answers for you

@BabyOB I'm super nervous about doing the Orgalutran injections lol I start next week I think

@ScubaGal glad you got some reassurance about the gonal f, I only picked mine up today may I ask what is your dosage? Mine is 200iu. Hope the counselling helps

@Soques great haul hun, now grow lil embies. Fingers crossed for great a fertilisation rates hun

AFM: had Appt with FN this morning got the usual paperwork, also collected my gonal f injections. Antibiotics to take for after EPU. awaiting AF arrival Tuesday next week to begin.

One thing that concerned me was the FN told me that my FS doesn't like to do monitoring by bloods during cycle??? Hmmm I requested to at least have my progesterone check as last cycles I had really low levels. May I ask all what do you ladies pay per stim cycle?? I was given an eating of $13k for our stim.

Hope everyone is doing well
    We paid 8.5k and got one egg today so our odds aren't great. Bit annoyed they didn't cancel the cycle given my oestrogen was nowhere near where they wanted it to be yet they still took our payment today and put me through EPU.
    Not in the best mindset tonight
    ah well it's not over til tomorrow when we get the fertilization result I guess.

Thanks
    Reviews
    @babygirll7 thanks for comment was really worried about orgalutran to but just had a few little bouts of nausea was advised to drink lots of water to help flush through .I was really glad they did my bloods as I was lacking something to assist eggs and ended up with extra medication /injection

16. The Following User Says Thank You to cheekyhumour For This Useful Post:

babygirl7  (07-07-2014)