Closed Thread
Page 19 of 209 FirstFirst ... 917181920212969119 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @MrsChino they should be fine to see you day 2 or 3 (can't remember which day it starts) and start jabbing once your blood results back. I've done it at my clinic before but they are all different.

Good luck to all those stimming and heading to EPU at the moment. Hope you're all going well.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to ladybug14 For This Useful Post:

MrsChino  (03-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Grace1 View Post
    Hi everyone, I hope you all don't mind me joining this thread. We will be starting IVF/ICSI for the first time in a couple of weeks. (That's if I don't chicken out again!!! Was supposed to start 2 cycles ago but I've just been too scared so I keep putting it off)!!! Has anyone else done this ?? Or is it just me?? Anyhow, good luck to you all on this journey.
    Welcome @Grace1. You are not alone. It took me a whole year to get my head around it and mentally prepare for it all I suppose. After a year of researching and longing...I was ready to give it a go! It is a very emotional and sons what scary decision to make! I had to also grieve the fact that I was not going to have babies the old fashion way.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Well I am officially PUPO. One blastocyst transferred!

7 others to be frozen so 7 snow babies. 3 discarded because of low quality. All are Grade 2 which is "fair quality" but that does not worry me as my DS was the same and here he is! Interestingly, I have 3 embies who didn't make it blastocyst but there is still a chance they might so the embryologist is going to grow them one more day to see if they further develop.

after ET they made me lie in bed for an hour. I had to pee in a bed pan! I don't remember that happening in Oz.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to canuck28 For This Useful Post:

ladybug14  (03-07-2014),LadyLouise  (03-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MrsChino View Post
    Good luck with getting started @Ree888 and @ScubaGal! All things going well, I should start jabbing late next week at this stage.

Sounds like you are responding really well @Soques! All the best for your EPU.

Hi there @Grace1 This will be my first cycle too, and I can totally relate to being a bit daunted by the whole thing!

Afm, DH and I have our appointment with the nurse tomorrow to go through the whole thing, and it’s suddenly feeling a lot more real. One thing I’m nervous about is the timing! My FS is on hols at the moment and gets back on the 10th. At this stage I’m expecting AF to start on that day, and he said to go and see him then, with an aim to start injections on day three of my cycle. If everything happens on time, that will be fine, but what if AF starts early?! Will it be a drama if I see him on day two or three and start jabbing immediately? Or does he need to actually physically see me on day one? Hmm.. I’ll have to ask the nurses about that tomorrow. I hope it doesn’t mean we have to push it out by a month. Now that we’ve made the decision, I just want to get going!
    Hi @MrsChino Must be the time of year as my FS is on hols too! Do you mind if I ask what clinic you're going through? I'm in Brisbane and going through QFG. From experience, tr dr doesn't have to see you on day one, but you will prob need bloods taken on day two or three. Maybe different though given this is your first cycle?

2009 - 2010 - diagnosed with severe endo - 2 x laps, 1 x laparotomy to remove endo.
    2011 - IVF - 1st cycle - chemical pregnancy, FET - BFN, 2nd FET - BFN
    2013 - another laparotomy - lost right ovary and tube to a 15cm endometrioma
    2014 - beginning IVF again...

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by ScubaGal View Post
    @Ree888 yay for getting started, I'm right behind you
    Yay ScubaGal - great to have a cycle buddy

2009 - 2010 - diagnosed with severe endo - 2 x laps, 1 x laparotomy to remove endo.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Congrats on being PUPO @canuck28! Crossing fingers for you.
    @Ree888 I'm in Brisbane too, so it could well be the same FS! I see Dr WW at QFG. I initially saw him for my endo surgery because of his expertise in that area, and decided to stick with him for ivf. All the best for your cycle - here's hoping July's a lucky month

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi @Grace1. Welcome to our friendly little thread!
    I was very scared last year. I've never been in hospital ever. It took me about 3 months to come to terms with it and then we went overseas and had a TTC break for 6months. Only after all that do I feel strong enough to do it. Now I'm like 'bring it on'!!

You'll be fine. I've found the more I've researched and the more I've talked to people about it the easier I feel. Good luck! When are you starting?

Me 33 PCOS
    DH 38 Low Morphology 😔
    TTC#1 since Oct 2012
    Clomid #1- 50mg 11/11/13 - No ovulation 😔
    Clomid #2- 100mg 26/12/13 - Ovulated yay!! - BFN
    TTC Break over
    Nurses appt 27th June
    ICSI #1 - July sometime

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by canuck28 View Post
    Welcome @Grace1. You are not alone. It took me a whole year to get my head around it and mentally prepare for it all I suppose. After a year of researching and longing...I was ready to give it a go! It is a very emotional and sons what scary decision to make! I had to also grieve the fact that I was not going to have babies the old fashion way.
    We grieved too! I actually identified it as a period of grief for not being able to achieve what happens so naturally for others. But then I guess I just accepted it and wanted to move forward quite quickly with IVF before I had time to build stress over it.

In saying that though to all others who are just starting their first cycle, as someone who is new to this myself, it is consuming in terms of the scans and tests and waiting for multiple phone calls and being uncertain in terms of dates of transfers etc in terms of getting time off work. I found the first week ok just jabbing away but I have found this week has had ups and downs so I guess do as much as you can to mentally prepare for feeling a bit anxious before the first scan etc. Today was a good day but yesterday I was a bit teary about the lack of control etc and the fact im not responding as I should. I have plenty of follicles it turns out but not enough oestrogen according to my blood test. Im still not really clear what this means but I got a random phone call from one of the nurses instructing me to go home ASAP and inject myself with 300iu of my gonal f pen so I at least have a hope of being ready for an EPU on monday- this was at work so of course I had to drop what I was doing and just go. I guess just things like that I probably wasn't prepared for. Plus yesterday I waited 90 minutes for my scan so that made me very late for work.
    Other than that though it feels good to be doing something-eye on the prize right?!

Thanks
    Reviews
    @MrsChino nope def different doctor mine is Dr PG. But I originally saw him for treatment and investigation of my endo and stuck with him too lots of similarities!

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Grace1 I did start my protocol though with a Big shot of Elonva 150 --- it works for 7 days before having to do top ups of Puregon... But you only actually get 4 days of jab free as you have to start the Orgalutran four days later.