Closed Thread
Page 180 of 209 FirstFirst ... 80130170178179180181182190 ... LastLast
Results 1,791 to 1,800 of 2082
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Twinkley View Post
    @Hopefullyanotherbaby I had 11 out of 15 fertilise 2 of the 11 were not real good only 1 or 2 cells. The other 9 were 6 or more cells. Day 5 had one blasty which they transferred and 3 other blastyonly one was good enough to freeze the other two were not quiet good enough and the others arrested on something can't remember the word the embryologist used started with T.

Sent from my D6503 using The Bub Hub mobile app
    I get why you would feel disappointed starting with 15 eggs - I guess you just never know hey.... I just pray we get 2 or 3 by day 5 so that one or two can be implanted and I can freeze one!!!! Anyway will know day 3 results on sat and then obviously transfer times etc Monday

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Hopefullyanotherbaby For This Useful Post:

Twinkley  (21-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Hopefullyanotherbaby my big learning from IVF is that to even get 1 to freeze is huge. I was very disappointed when we only got 1 to freeze on our first round, little did I know we wouldn't get anything to freeze on the following 2 rounds. I'd now be ecstatic to get one in the freezer. My FS says only 50% of couples ever get any to freeze in their whole IVF journey. I had dreams of a sibling in the freezer but in the end if you can have 1 successful pregnancy, that greatly increases your chances for IVF when trying for another bub. I don't think the poor odds of getting any to freeze is well publicised before you start IVF.

Me 37 DX Endo, Tubal Damage DH 41 no issues
    3 x IUI 2013 - BFN
    Feb 14 - Laparoscopy
    IVF#1 Apr 2014 - BFN
    IVF#2 June 2014 - total fertilization failure
    FET#1 June 2014 - BFN
    IVF#3 July/Aug 2014 - BFP

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GeorgieNE For This Useful Post:

ScubaGal  (21-08-2014),Twinkley  (21-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    We got none to freeze first round, one second round and five third round. So it can change and even improve!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by BettyW View Post
    We got none to freeze first round, one second round and five third round. So it can change and even improve!
    @BettyW - did you change anything? did you increase vitamins etc from your first round to your second round? And also did you go back to backs or did you wait

Thanks
    Reviews
    Did you do anything different each round of IVF to get more to freeze?

Sent from my D6503 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by GeorgieNE View Post
    @Hopefullyanotherbaby my big learning from IVF is that to even get 1 to freeze is huge. I was very disappointed when we only got 1 to freeze on our first round, little did I know we wouldn't get anything to freeze on the following 2 rounds. I'd now be ecstatic to get one in the freezer. My FS says only 50% of couples ever get any to freeze in their whole IVF journey. I had dreams of a sibling in the freezer but in the end if you can have 1 successful pregnancy, that greatly increases your chances for IVF when trying for another bub. I don't think the poor odds of getting any to freeze is well publicised before you start IVF.

Me 37 DX Endo, Tubal Damage DH 41 no issues
    3 x IUI 2013 - BFN
    Feb 14 - Laparoscopy
    IVF#1 Apr 2014 - BFN
    IVF#2 June 2014 - total fertilization failure
    FET#1 June 2014 - BFN
    IVF#3 July/Aug 2014 - BFP
    @GeorgieNE - thanks so much I didn't realise that... my first cycle we for 9 mature eggs, 8 fertilised but most stopped growing at 3/4 cells, and 3 made it to day 5... 2 were transferred and 1 wasn't great.. so I am hoping we get at least 2 this time.. I will transfer both and hope for the best!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    The biggest difference (IMO) between my first and subsequent rounds was that on cycle 2 and 3 I took Luveris 3 times.

Cycle 1 and 2 were both in 2012. Cycle one's one embryo resulted in a chemical pregnancy with an early bleed. Cycle 2 I put 2 in, 2 implanted but had a vanishing twin. One for the freezer, one is my 11 month old. Cycle one and 2 I did acupuncture, took royal jelly, coq10, Elevit, aspirin, prednisone, Chinese herbs and other random vitamins etc that I researched.

This cycle I didn't do acupuncture and took Elevit, aspirin, prednisone and that's it. My Gonal f dose was increased from 375 to 412.5 and orgalutran was the antagonist rather than cetrotide as it was for my first 2 cycles. I think that being focused on my bubba and not on the anxiety of TTC was the big difference - my FS said the same. I am quite stunned at the difference, it's crazy. I'm a big proponent of Luveris though!

Thanks
    Reviews
    The biggest difference (IMO) between my first and subsequent rounds was that on cycle 2 and 3 I took Luveris 3 times.

Cycle 1 and 2 were both in 2012. Cycle one's one embryo resulted in a chemical pregnancy with an early bleed. Cycle 2 I put 2 in, 2 implanted but had a vanishing twin. One for the freezer, one is my 11 month old. Cycle one and 2 I did acupuncture, took royal jelly, coq10, Elevit, aspirin, prednisone, Chinese herbs and other random vitamins etc that I researched.

This cycle I didn't do acupuncture and took Elevit, aspirin, prednisone and that's it. My Gonal f dose was increased from 375 to 412.5 and orgalutran was the antagonist rather than cetrotide as it was for my first 2 cycles. I think that being focused on my bubba and not on the anxiety of TTC was the big difference - my FS said the same. I am quite stunned at the difference, it's crazy. I'm a big proponent of Luveris though!
    @BettyW - thanks so much.. this cycle I was on Gonal-F 300 and Luveris was introduced on day 6... I wasn't on as high fertility drug levels. I did cetrotide not orgalutran... I too am on prednisone, evevit and other vitamins...Fingers crossed for both of us. Are you doing the booster shots? will you be able to POAS? I cant wait to see your BFP!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Hopefullyanotherbaby View Post
    @BettyW - thanks so much.. this cycle I was on Gonal-F 300 and Luveris was introduced on day 6... I wasn't on as high fertility drug levels. I did cetrotide not orgalutran... I too am on prednisone, evevit and other vitamins...Fingers crossed for both of us. Are you doing the booster shots? will you be able to POAS? I cant wait to see your BFP!!!!
    How many days of Luveris did you take?
    Yep I had pregnyl yesterday and again tomorrow but that's it - so I'll POAS next Wednesday maybe?
    Xoxo

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Ladies, if you've done a FET, what endometrial thickness do your clinic want before transfer? My clinic want 8mm but not sure if I should wait longer to get it thicker since our past FETs haven't worked at 7mm and 8mm.