Closed Thread
Page 180 of 209 FirstFirst ... 80130170178179180181182190 ... LastLast
Results 1,791 to 1,800 of 2082
  1. #1791
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    217
    Thanks
    41
    Thanked
    84
    Reviews
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by Twinkley View Post
    @Hopefullyanotherbaby I had 11 out of 15 fertilise 2 of the 11 were not real good only 1 or 2 cells. The other 9 were 6 or more cells. Day 5 had one blasty which they transferred and 3 other blastyonly one was good enough to freeze the other two were not quiet good enough and the others arrested on something can't remember the word the embryologist used started with T.

    Sent from my D6503 using The Bub Hub mobile app
    I get why you would feel disappointed starting with 15 eggs - I guess you just never know hey.... I just pray we get 2 or 3 by day 5 so that one or two can be implanted and I can freeze one!!!! Anyway will know day 3 results on sat and then obviously transfer times etc Monday

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to Hopefullyanotherbaby For This Useful Post:

    Twinkley  (21-08-2014)

  3. #1792
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    68
    Thanks
    1
    Thanked
    56
    Reviews
    0
    @Hopefullyanotherbaby my big learning from IVF is that to even get 1 to freeze is huge. I was very disappointed when we only got 1 to freeze on our first round, little did I know we wouldn't get anything to freeze on the following 2 rounds. I'd now be ecstatic to get one in the freezer. My FS says only 50% of couples ever get any to freeze in their whole IVF journey. I had dreams of a sibling in the freezer but in the end if you can have 1 successful pregnancy, that greatly increases your chances for IVF when trying for another bub. I don't think the poor odds of getting any to freeze is well publicised before you start IVF.


    Me 37 DX Endo, Tubal Damage DH 41 no issues
    3 x IUI 2013 - BFN
    Feb 14 - Laparoscopy
    IVF#1 Apr 2014 - BFN
    IVF#2 June 2014 - total fertilization failure
    FET#1 June 2014 - BFN
    IVF#3 July/Aug 2014 - BFP

  4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GeorgieNE For This Useful Post:

    ScubaGal  (21-08-2014),Twinkley  (21-08-2014)

  5. #1793
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    2,269
    Thanks
    2,955
    Thanked
    1,410
    Reviews
    4
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    We got none to freeze first round, one second round and five third round. So it can change and even improve!

  6. #1794
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    217
    Thanks
    41
    Thanked
    84
    Reviews
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by BettyW View Post
    We got none to freeze first round, one second round and five third round. So it can change and even improve!
    @BettyW - did you change anything? did you increase vitamins etc from your first round to your second round? And also did you go back to backs or did you wait

  7. #1795
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Brisbane
    Posts
    427
    Thanks
    229
    Thanked
    202
    Reviews
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by BettyW View Post
    We got none to freeze first round, one second round and five third round. So it can change and even improve!
    Did you do anything different each round of IVF to get more to freeze?

    Sent from my D6503 using The Bub Hub mobile app

  8. #1796
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    217
    Thanks
    41
    Thanked
    84
    Reviews
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by GeorgieNE View Post
    @Hopefullyanotherbaby my big learning from IVF is that to even get 1 to freeze is huge. I was very disappointed when we only got 1 to freeze on our first round, little did I know we wouldn't get anything to freeze on the following 2 rounds. I'd now be ecstatic to get one in the freezer. My FS says only 50% of couples ever get any to freeze in their whole IVF journey. I had dreams of a sibling in the freezer but in the end if you can have 1 successful pregnancy, that greatly increases your chances for IVF when trying for another bub. I don't think the poor odds of getting any to freeze is well publicised before you start IVF.


    Me 37 DX Endo, Tubal Damage DH 41 no issues
    3 x IUI 2013 - BFN
    Feb 14 - Laparoscopy
    IVF#1 Apr 2014 - BFN
    IVF#2 June 2014 - total fertilization failure
    FET#1 June 2014 - BFN
    IVF#3 July/Aug 2014 - BFP
    @GeorgieNE - thanks so much I didn't realise that... my first cycle we for 9 mature eggs, 8 fertilised but most stopped growing at 3/4 cells, and 3 made it to day 5... 2 were transferred and 1 wasn't great.. so I am hoping we get at least 2 this time.. I will transfer both and hope for the best!!!

  9. #1797
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    2,269
    Thanks
    2,955
    Thanked
    1,410
    Reviews
    4
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    The biggest difference (IMO) between my first and subsequent rounds was that on cycle 2 and 3 I took Luveris 3 times.

    Cycle 1 and 2 were both in 2012. Cycle one's one embryo resulted in a chemical pregnancy with an early bleed. Cycle 2 I put 2 in, 2 implanted but had a vanishing twin. One for the freezer, one is my 11 month old. Cycle one and 2 I did acupuncture, took royal jelly, coq10, Elevit, aspirin, prednisone, Chinese herbs and other random vitamins etc that I researched.

    This cycle I didn't do acupuncture and took Elevit, aspirin, prednisone and that's it. My Gonal f dose was increased from 375 to 412.5 and orgalutran was the antagonist rather than cetrotide as it was for my first 2 cycles. I think that being focused on my bubba and not on the anxiety of TTC was the big difference - my FS said the same. I am quite stunned at the difference, it's crazy. I'm a big proponent of Luveris though!

  10. #1798
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    217
    Thanks
    41
    Thanked
    84
    Reviews
    0
    Quote Originally Posted by BettyW View Post
    The biggest difference (IMO) between my first and subsequent rounds was that on cycle 2 and 3 I took Luveris 3 times.

    Cycle 1 and 2 were both in 2012. Cycle one's one embryo resulted in a chemical pregnancy with an early bleed. Cycle 2 I put 2 in, 2 implanted but had a vanishing twin. One for the freezer, one is my 11 month old. Cycle one and 2 I did acupuncture, took royal jelly, coq10, Elevit, aspirin, prednisone, Chinese herbs and other random vitamins etc that I researched.

    This cycle I didn't do acupuncture and took Elevit, aspirin, prednisone and that's it. My Gonal f dose was increased from 375 to 412.5 and orgalutran was the antagonist rather than cetrotide as it was for my first 2 cycles. I think that being focused on my bubba and not on the anxiety of TTC was the big difference - my FS said the same. I am quite stunned at the difference, it's crazy. I'm a big proponent of Luveris though!
    @BettyW - thanks so much.. this cycle I was on Gonal-F 300 and Luveris was introduced on day 6... I wasn't on as high fertility drug levels. I did cetrotide not orgalutran... I too am on prednisone, evevit and other vitamins...Fingers crossed for both of us. Are you doing the booster shots? will you be able to POAS? I cant wait to see your BFP!!!!

  11. #1799
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    2,269
    Thanks
    2,955
    Thanked
    1,410
    Reviews
    4
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hopefullyanotherbaby View Post
    @BettyW - thanks so much.. this cycle I was on Gonal-F 300 and Luveris was introduced on day 6... I wasn't on as high fertility drug levels. I did cetrotide not orgalutran... I too am on prednisone, evevit and other vitamins...Fingers crossed for both of us. Are you doing the booster shots? will you be able to POAS? I cant wait to see your BFP!!!!
    How many days of Luveris did you take?
    Yep I had pregnyl yesterday and again tomorrow but that's it - so I'll POAS next Wednesday maybe?
    Xoxo

  12. #1800
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    594
    Thanks
    451
    Thanked
    463
    Reviews
    0
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Ladies, if you've done a FET, what endometrial thickness do your clinic want before transfer? My clinic want 8mm but not sure if I should wait longer to get it thicker since our past FETs haven't worked at 7mm and 8mm.


 

Similar Threads

  1. IVF/ICSI/FET Jan/Feb 2014 #3
    By Wishnhope in forum IVF
    Replies: 446
    Last Post: 07-04-2014, 06:18
  2. IVF/ICSI/FET Jan/Feb 2014 #2
    By bel2466 in forum IVF
    Replies: 909
    Last Post: 01-03-2014, 11:12
  3. IVF/ICSI/FET Jan/Feb 2014 - Thread 1
    By SpringRain in forum IVF
    Replies: 909
    Last Post: 28-01-2014, 18:14

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
free weekly newsletters | sign up now!
who are these people who write great posts? meet our hubbub authors!
Learn how you can contribute to the hubbub!

reviews
learn how you can become a reviewer!

competitions

forum - chatting now
christmas gift guidesee all Red Stocking
WaterWipes
Give your babies bottom a gift this Xmas! They are the only wipe made using just water and a drop of grapefruit seed extract and may help avoid nappy rash. Check out the great reviews on bubhub and see our website for more info and availability.
sales & new stuffsee all
Wendys Music School Melbourne
Wondering about Music Lessons? FREE 30 minute ASSESSMENT. Find out if your child is ready! Piano from age 3 years & Guitar, Singing, Drums, Violin from age 5. Lessons available for all ages. 35+ years experience. Structured program.
Use referral 'bubhub' when booking
featured supporter
Innovations Sports Physiotherapy
Women’s Health Physios who are able to assess and treat a wide range of Pregnancy and Post Natal Issues. We offer Post Natal Pilates Classes taken by our Physios. These classes help you rebuild strength through your Core and Pelvic Floor.
gotcha
X

Pregnant for the first-time?

Not sure where to start? We can help!

Our Insider Programs for pregnancy first-timers will lead you step-by-step through the 14 Pregnancy Must Dos!