Closed Thread
Page 169 of 209 FirstFirst ... 69119159167168169170171179 ... LastLast
Results 1,681 to 1,690 of 2082
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/9/2014Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/7/2014200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Simoney View Post
    Hi there,
    I am in 2ww of first IVF round but feeling very disheartened ! We had 5 eggs collected, 4 fertilised & then one put back in at day3 and the other 3 arrested, one on day 3, one on day4 then one got to blast then apparently degraded??? Is this normal numbers or is there something I am missing here. I wondered if they triggered me too late since EPU would ideally have been on a Sunday! I was on 225iu puregon and at day 6 I had a lead follie at 18mm, with 7 follicles total. The next day it was 22mm and the others varying (17mm, 15mm, and a few 11mm ones)...I triggered on day 8 & had EPU on day 10. I am new to this but is it possible we lost the good one (it was past it ) ? Or if they are immature will they just not fertilise? We had good fert rate of 80% but nothing to show for it! I am 35. Hubbie 31. I have high NK cells, an AMH of 8 and both hubbie & I are homo MTHFR ! Any advice appreciated.. We were hoping to bank some embryos for perhaps future surrogacy if we can't get my NK cells down enough. Thanks in advance!
    Hi @Simoney welcome aboard!

Lots of questions there, good ones to ask your FS I'd reckon, but the general consensus with IVF seems to be that the first round is a bit of a trial because everyone responds differently to the meds so it takes a cycle to see how you will respond.

Also I understand not everyone gets frosties so it's not uncommon to have them arrest, there is a fairly standard rate of decline.

In terms of the follies, the best way I can understand it is it's like popcorn. Some will pop early (you don't want those) and others won't get to pop - the FS is aiming to get you the greatest number to pop at the right time. So next cycle they might change up your protocol to get a better result.

It's hard though. Even when we say we aren't expecting it to work first time, we secretly are and it's devastating when it doesn't.

Are you still in the TWW?

I'd definitely start jotting down a list of questions for your FS to answer for you. I did with mine and found it really helpful.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to ScubaGal For This Useful Post:

BabyOB  (19-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Thank you I am 4dp3dt, but all were grade C embies so not holding high hopes!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    @Rachael3 I really feel for you. It must send anyone crazy during the 2WW. Wishing you all the best with tomorrow and keep us posted.

I happened to notice your paying $2K for a FET and are in Sydney. If you go through RPA then the FET is only $250. Bit of a wait but a good saving and the nurses are lovely.

Me 33 PCOS
    DH 38 Low Morphology 😔
    TTC#1 since Oct 2012
    Clomid #1- 50mg 11/11/13 - No ovulation 😔
    Clomid #2- 100mg 26/12/13 - Ovulated yay!! - BFN
    TTC Break over
    Nurses appt 27th June
    ICSI #1 - 18 Frosties - OHSS risk so Sept/Oct FET Transfer

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/9/2014Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/7/2014200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    Thank you I am 4dp3dt, but all were grade C embies so not holding high hopes!
    I'm not 100% across the grading, my clinic just says good or they discard them :-/ but I think also sometimes the way they look doesn't necessarily predict the outcome. My embryo was a superstar apparently - developed early, got all the way to hatching by early on the morning of day five. It miscarried at five weeks.

There are definitely plenty of stories of the lower graded ones making it to baby stage, so have a little hope

But also, (even if it doesn't make you feel any better, which is totally cool) your FS now has a great 'cycle one dossier' on you and hopefully can get you a better result on cycle two.

Alternatively you might just be preggers now! If you read back through the thread (which would take forever) you'd see that all the TWW graduates were pretty anxious til they got their BFP.

Hang in there. Meditation can help - I find the circle and bloom IVF meditation tracks really good. They cost money but I think it was worthwhile. Just google to find it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi there,
    I am in 2ww of first IVF round but feeling very disheartened ! We had 5 eggs collected, 4 fertilised & then one put back in at day3 and the other 3 arrested, one on day 3, one on day4 then one got to blast then apparently degraded??? Is this normal numbers or is there something I am missing here. I wondered if they triggered me too late since EPU would ideally have been on a Sunday! I was on 225iu puregon and at day 6 I had a lead follie at 18mm, with 7 follicles total. The next day it was 22mm and the others varying (17mm, 15mm, and a few 11mm ones)...I triggered on day 8 & had EPU on day 10. I am new to this but is it possible we lost the good one (it was past it ) ? Or if they are immature will they just not fertilise? We had good fert rate of 80% but nothing to show for it! I am 35. Hubbie 31. I have high NK cells, an AMH of 8 and both hubbie & I are homo MTHFR ! Any advice appreciated.. We were hoping to bank some embryos for perhaps future surrogacy if we can't get my NK cells down enough. Thanks in advance!
    I was a little disheartened with mine too but it appears to be normal. I was told I had one 5aa for transfer a 5aa frozen on day 4, and they grew the remaining 4 to day 6 that were good quality and overnight all 4 of them became duds! Out of 12 eggs only 2 keepers. Just seems to be Mother Nature weeding out the unsuitable more than FS not medicating correctly. Makes me wonder how so many ppl can accidentally fall pregnant!! Scuba is right though, first cycle is more of an expensive and emotional test run to see how your body responds but they never tell you that until after. C grade embryos still have a great chance of sticking around

Thanks
    Reviews
    Welcome @Simoney theres a whole bunch of us first timers here just learning how frustrating it can be so you've got some company and support here

@ScubaGal ♥ the popcorn analogy :-)

Afm, still in limbo land... tww turning into three ww...hcg only rose 50% in 3 days, still bleeding and fn said if no drastic improvement by fri then they will tell me to come off the progesterone and "let nature take its course" (does anyone else find that phrase ironic when doing ivf??? )

at least there will be lessons to be learned from this cycle I guess

8. The Following User Says Thank You to loulabubble For This Useful Post:

LadyLouise  (19-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    That's great @babygirl7. You've been so patient. Fingers crossed for a super smooth cycle.
    Best of luck tomorrow @Rachael3. Hoping for good news for you. @Simoney, the other girls are right, the first is always such a horrible expensive 'test run' basically. Our first two we got around 14 eggs and not one frostie. The 3rd got 6. Also don't fret about the quality. There's so much they don't know. Friends of ours ended up with only one embryo so bad they didn't transfer it. Same happened second cycle but they transferred it anyway-healthy happy 6month old now. Go figure! @loulabubble, must be so hard being in limboland. You're still in with a chance tho so don't give up. Positive sticky vibes for you. And yes, the irony of anything 'natural' in this whole process is enough to make me laugh like a crazy woman!

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ladybug14 For This Useful Post:

babygirl7  (20-08-2014),loulabubble  (19-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm out line is fainter this morning. Think my body was so confused last night with the need to pee constantly and insomnia (two of my biggest early symptoms) but with period cramps and back pain. Not sure when we'll cycle next, too many events coming up.

@amiracle4me unfortunately time is of the essence. Need to get back into the workforce ASAP (quit because we didn't want stress to affect our cycles). And we've had success at Genea. Unfortunately we don't have an endless bucket of funds, that's what scares me.
    Last edited by Rachael3; 19-08-2014 at 06:15.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm so sorry @loulabubble and @Rachael3. There's been so many ups and downs in this thread I can't believe it. Really does make you wonder and the more I think about it the more I feel it's just dumb luck if it works! It's all about the right sperm and right egg meeting at the right time and then getting put in at the right time. Last time around I didn't eat or drink anything i didn't think I should - have up coffee, no soft cheeses etc etc and it made no difference so this time around I have completely relaxed about all of that! I'm having one coffee a day - my morning one, and eating healthy etc but not freakjng out about the whole thing. That doesn't mean I'm not going crazy though...8do3dt today and I'm planning on when I'll POAS. I think I'll wait til Saturday morning so then if it's neg, I'll have the day to be sad about it without having to go to work.

2009 - 2010 - diagnosed with severe endo - 2 x laps, 1 x laparotomy to remove endo.
    2011 - IVF - 1st cycle - chemical pregnancy, FET - BFN, 2nd FET - BFN
    2013 - another laparotomy - lost right ovary and tube to a 15cm endometrioma
    2014 - July - cycle #2

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Ree888 For This Useful Post:

loulabubble  (19-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    My BT is this Thursday, but since my last pregnyl booster (1500iu) was last week Wednesday (6 days ago), I decided to POAS.

ImageUploadedByThe Bub Hub1408393754.687630.jpg

It took less than 3 mins for the 2nd line to pop up and it looks strong. Hoping so hard this isn't a false positive and this is the one for us.

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nightchild80 For This Useful Post:

Bellavista  (19-08-2014),LadyLouise  (19-08-2014)