Closed Thread
Page 13 of 209 FirstFirst ... 311121314152363113 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Definitely get a rescue dog!! I second that! Ours are just the best! Mind you we got the second one later in life and he has some anxiety issues around strangers. But they are great- so nice to give them a good life.
    I had my first scan today- 12 bigger follicles with another 12 or so smaller so of course I'm over reacting thinking it's OHSS in the making (which it may well be) but they have kept me on the same dose of stim drugs for now and I rescan on Wednesday for a probable Friday EPU. Today was the first day it all felt challenging- til this point I've just been jabbing away but I guess we are heading to the business end now. I was slightly perplexed when the nurse said rather calmly on the phone that if I do hyperstimulate they will just do EPU and cancel the cycle. I don't want to cancel the cycle!! Of course that made me ask what the likelihood of that was of happening etc. Obviously it's too hard to tell and I sounded like a crazy person on the phone and she did kind of treat me that way. Just wish we had some more definites in this whole journey!! Messes with my head! I don't understand why I'm on the same dose of stim drugs but I guess it's just to grow what's there and we just hope the smaller ones don't catch up.
    This is my first cycle so I wouldn't know what to expect. Anyway just need to trust I guess.
    Hope you all had a good Monday!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Ducky01 For This Useful Post:

ScubaGal  (30-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/9/2014Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/7/2014200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Ducky01 View Post
    Definitely get a rescue dog!! I second that! Ours are just the best! Mind you we got the second one later in life and he has some anxiety issues around strangers. But they are great- so nice to give them a good life.
    I had my first scan today- 12 bigger follicles with another 12 or so smaller so of course I'm over reacting thinking it's OHSS in the making (which it may well be) but they have kept me on the same dose of stim drugs for now and I rescan on Wednesday for a probable Friday EPU. Today was the first day it all felt challenging- til this point I've just been jabbing away but I guess we are heading to the business end now. I was slightly perplexed when the nurse said rather calmly on the phone that if I do hyperstimulate they will just do EPU and cancel the cycle. I don't want to cancel the cycle!! Of course that made me ask what the likelihood of that was of happening etc. Obviously it's too hard to tell and I sounded like a crazy person on the phone and she did kind of treat me that way. Just wish we had some more definites in this whole journey!! Messes with my head! I don't understand why I'm on the same dose of stim drugs but I guess it's just to grow what's there and we just hope the smaller ones don't catch up.
    This is my first cycle so I wouldn't know what to expect. Anyway just need to trust I guess.
    Hi @Ducky01 I think by 'cancel the cycle' they might mean a freeze all, where they still grab your eggs, fertilise em and then freeze the embies to put back in later so they have a better chance than they would if you were overstimulated..

So i think a cancel isn't as bad as it sounds - its just to get you the best possible result.
    But don't quote me - *I am a newbie who should probably be asleep!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Welcome @Sally girl and @GeorgieNE I will add you to the next roll call.

Great haul @canuck28 all the best for ET on Thursday.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Nezz79 For This Useful Post:

canuck28  (01-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    ScubaGal is right Ducky01, if they ended up cancelling your cycle they just freeze the embryos. My FS threatened doing that to me on my first cycle and I freaked out too! There are actually some clinics in the states that will only do frozen transfers now because they're finding better outcomes with frozen vs fresh cycles. Hopefully that makes you feel slightly better just in case it happens. Good luck! Hope only those big 12 keep growing nicely!

I think the realization that IVF is such a long process with so many hurdles/goals that you've got to get to was one of the biggest shocks of this whole journey for me. I don't think people realise just how involved and complicated IVF actually is.

Quote Originally Posted by Ducky01 View Post

7. The Following User Says Thank You to ladybug14 For This Useful Post:

ScubaGal  (01-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by GeorgieNE View Post
    @Ree888 hi! I did accupuncture for 6 months last year in lead up to starting iui's it obviously didn't work but I did find I had a lot less pain with AF. I had a lap in February this year they removed a lot of endo and it has stuffed my tubes, so the accupuncture really was never going to be able to fix my tubes. But I definitely swear by it for reducing the pain. Since my lap the pain has been a lot better so I've let the accupuncture lapse. I did get treatment right before and after my fet last month, bfn but I'll probably still do it again on day of TX.
    I Have been Reading what you have been through with your endo, you have had a really rough time. Did your gynie/FS give any indication on why you got endo it or how to stop it coming back? I know there are no answers out there and my FS just says "you did nothing to cause it, and there is nothing within your control to stop it coming back" but it drives me crazy that in this day and age there is so little known about it!

Me 37 DX Endo, Tubal Damage AMH 9.6, DH 41 no issues
    3 x IUI 2013 - BFN
    IVF#1 stim Apr 2014 - 6 eggs, 4 mature, 3 fertilized, 2 blasts -1 x 5dt - BFN
    IVF#2 stim June 2014 - 7 eggs, 3 mature, 4 immature, 0 fertilized - total bust
    FET#1 June 2014 5dfet - BFN
    IVF#3 stim July 2014 - FX
    Hi Georgie no Gyno has no idea why it's so bad. He said he has never seen endo as aggressive as mine in someone so young (I was 22 when portions of my bowel and rectum had to be removed due to such bad damage from endo) He actually did a study on me with a student he had at the time. They asked what age I was when I got my period (I was only 9) and also if it was in the family (my grandma had it quite bad). Both of those things can be factors apparently. He has said that getting pregnant will help keep it at bay but it's just achieving that that's the goal I guess
    I have found acupuncture has really helped in the way of keeping clots at bay (sorry if tmi) meaning periods are hardly painful at all. But didn't use it when we cycled last time so I'm keen to see if it makes any difference. Sorry it didn't seem to work out with you. I wish you all the best this time around x

2009 - 2010 - diagnosed with severe endo - 2 x laps, 1 x laparotomy to remove endo.
    2011 - IVF - 1st cycle - chemical pregnancy, FET - BFN, 2nd FET - BFN
    2013 - another laparotomy - lost right ovary and tube to a 15cm endometrioma
    2014 - beginning IVF again...

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Ree888 For This Useful Post:

ScubaGal  (01-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the WeekBusiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/9/2014Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/7/2014200 Posts in a week100 Posts in a week
    @Ree888 gosh you've had a rough trot with the endo.

Thanks
    Reviews
    welcome @GeorgieNE what an awful cycle you had! I can imagine it would be just devastating. Really hope this one is much better for you.

I got a dog on my 1st cycle of IVF and another on my 4th! They were such a wonderful distraction. I would heartily recommend a whippet. They are good natured, very healthy as they can be any colour or pattern. They are also quite lazy which makes them good apartment dogs, they don't need too much work and they don't bark very much. No grooming required as their coats are so short. Mine need a good run off leash around the park once a day and they are happy for the rest. They are also very good around children as they have such a placid nature. Good thing puppies are so cute though as they are a pain in the butt with chewing and destroying shoes/plants/furniture. Good luck!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Bongley For This Useful Post:

ScubaGal  (01-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    @Ree888 oh gee that sounds awful, you must have been in a lot of pain! I had a moderate amount of endo removed and had a little bit of pain but not much, I was surprised that they found any actually. I was under the impression endo is caused from bleeding inside the body during your period? I was on the pill from when I was 19 to about 35 and I think of all those periods that I had that I didn't need to (apparently you can just keep taking the pill without a break and it has no adverse effects) Might have meant I could get preggers when we started trying when I was 36 instead of trying for 2 years and then going through 3 rounds of IVF before having investigations done. Oh well, hindsight and all that.

good luck for this cycle

AFM I spoke to the nurse today and it looks like my EPU well may be delayed until Monday. I have another ultrasound tomorrow when they will confirm.

shell'80 is offline <3<3TTC our first little cherub<3<3
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Jumping on the couch here!! Was in the June thread but I'll be doing my cycle this month

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi everyone, I am new at this blog thing, so not sure what to say.

I'm 30 my DH 42

Been TTC for 4 years
    2010- BFP then miscarried
    3 cycles of clomid-no results
    IFV June 2013 -fresh embryo BFN
    FET Aug 2013- BFN
    Had some time off TTC to plan wedding and get married
    and about to do another FET this month, just waiting on ovulation. No medications
    Fingers Crossed, feeling better since w ad a break.