Closed Thread
Page 1 of 209 1231151101 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default July/Aug 2014 IVF/ICSI/FET

Hi couldn't find a thread for July/Aug so thought I would start one for anyone who might want to join me.

Just had my review appointment with FS after my last failed transfer and 3 month break he wasn't very interested in any questions I brought up and didn't change my protocol he just wants me to keep going he doesn't seam to be worried about anything all my embryos are great and we've had great fertilisation rate from EPU so just wants me on a low dose stim for my next FET and pregnyl boosters. We have 5 frosties and will transfer 2. Just waiting for next AF to arrive in about 3 weeks time.

Looking forward to hearing from those who are cycling too in July/Aug and FX for all of our BFP.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Nezz79 For This Useful Post:

BabyOB  (02-07-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi @Nezz79. Thought I would join you as I had my FS appt yesterday to find out if we were all good to go ahead with a cycle in July.
    We had one cycle way back in 2011, with 1 fresh and two frozen transfers. All bfn. Took a lot out of us so put it all on hold but in the meantime had a few set backs with severe endo causing a large endometrioma (15cm). It took over my left ovary which subsequently had to be removed. I am in a same sex relationship so conceiving was obviously not possible in the first place, however my odds aren't great.
    Anyway we got the go ahead to start in July so just waiting for AF to arrive which should be the beginning of July and then start all the lovely jabs again! Wishing you all the best with your upcoming cycle

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi ree888 & nezz79 - I'm doing 3 cycles of embie banking and pgd at the end, so will join up as I'm sniffing synarel for long down reg ATM. @Nezz79 what protocol were you thinking of, besides doing your natural frozens? I'm presuming you're doing an immune protocol ?

All the very best ladies, wishing for BFPs for all x

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Butterfly39 View Post
    Hi ree888 & nezz79 - I'm doing 3 cycles of embie banking and pgd at the end, so will join up as I'm sniffing synarel for long down reg ATM. @Nezz79 what protocol were you thinking of, besides doing your natural frozens? I'm presuming you're doing an immune protocol ?

All the very best ladies, wishing for BFPs for all x
    Hi @Butterfly39! Glad to have another ivf-er to chat to what is pgd? I'm still getting used to all the abbreviations! Ugh *shudder* synarel - I had that stuff last time round and I still remember the taste. Best of luck to you

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Ree888 For This Useful Post:

Butterfly39  (22-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews

Smile third time's a charm!!

Hi Ladies! We are about to see our FS on the 24th...back for a final go! (I haven't been on here before.) Our story so far-Me PCOS, TTC few years then many rounds of ovulation induct with clomid-nothing. Just about to start IVF...waiting after surgery and clomid=DD1. Then IVF DD2 first go!!!! & 2 frozen blastos from that. Going to try (push) our luck and have babe #3-very blessed so far. AF unlikely to arrive unaided, just eager to start...doesn't time drag!!!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Welcome @Ree888 and @Butterfly39 glad you are joining me.
    @Ree888 I would have loved to have been able to try naturally but we can't as DH is on methotrexate for rheumatoid atheritis we can only use frozen sperm from which he saved while off the medication. We had a DD off our first icsi cycle back in 2012. In July last year we began trying again we have tried 2 FET and have done 2 fresh cycles which have all been BFN. We were lucky enough to get 5 frosties from our last fresh so FX one of those work.
    @Butterfly39 I am just going to be doing a low dose stim with puregon then trigger with 5000 pregnyl for ovulation then 4 booster shots for luteal phase support. I would have liked to have tried an immune protocol but my FS didn't even want to consider it. I did the scratch last round with no success and FS wouldn't do another one either.

Good luck with your upcoming cycles!

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Nezz79 For This Useful Post:

Thanks
    Reviews
    Welcome to you too @LadyLouise.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Welcome LadyLouise - I hope all goes well for you in trying to conceive number 3.
    I discussed the possibility of transferring 2 healthy embryos with my FS as last time around it was flat out no, considering my age etc. He is open to it this time but said he has to discuss it with the ethics committee? Has anyone heard of this before? He said it's a simple process and he has enough evidence for it not to be a problem. I am going through QFG in Brisbane.
    Hope everyone is traveling well - Nezz79 - I'm sorry to hear you haven't been able to try to conceive naturally - I have everything crossed this journey isn't a long one for you!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm not sure but we transferred 2 blasto's back on each of our last 2 fresh cycles and we plan to transfer 2 embryo when we do our FET.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hi, thought I'd pop in and say hello.

I am waiting for my period then I should start stimming, next week hopefully. So my EPU and ET will be probably be in july. I broke my elbow last week so I'm not sure if that will affect anything, I'm off all the painkillers now, I guess I'll find out when I speak to the nurses next week.
    This will be my 4th cycle trying for bub number 2. It might well be my last attempt, not sure just yet. My partner and I did say we would do 4 rounds but I don't think I want to create even more stress by saying its the last one just yet.
    @Nez79 I'm always jealous of people who have frosties I see you are trying for bub number 2 also
    @Ree888 sounds like you've got a few hurdles more than most, I'm sorry you lost an ovary how traumatic. I had some moderate endo removed a while ago.

hi @Butterfly39 we meet again! (unfortunately..........)

Good luck everyone!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Bongley For This Useful Post: