+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts

Default Help! With online study!

So I'm in my 4th year of an early childhood/primary degree and this is my first online subject I'm doing now.. I've been overseas so missed a few units so I'm doing one this study period over winter so I can just do the 4 units in semester 2!

But WOW I never knew how hard online subjects were :O and this is only one!!!!
    I find because I can just close the internet page and forget it exists that I am procrastinating SO much! I'm already into my second week of it and I've done basically nothing!!
    What are your top tips for external study? I tried to chat in the discussion boards but they go so fast and bluh!
    Even if anyone here just Wants to chat and help eachother through

Thanks!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    I completely suck at distance education!!!! I need to actually go to uni to learn or I'm too easily distracted/lack self discipline. I'm pretty sure I have just failed my first online unit too...keen to hear some other peoples tricks to making it work! Definitely need to go back on campus I think!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 posts
    Me too! I'm now grateful I did the rest of my 4 years on campus! Cause man oh man I am not made for this distance thing! My hat goes off to those who do it' plus have kids and work just wow!

Any tips would be brilliant!!
    I found at Uni if I was having trouble understand a concept or an assignment I would ask classmates or tutor for help.. And the face to face help helped.. Being able to physically glance over someone's assignment to gain understanding was so much easier

Now I feel alone haha and I sure hope I don't fail as I'm in my last semester of Uni

waitsee is offline “While we try to teach our children all about life, our children teach us what life is all about.
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I found someone had created a unit fb group, so a bit of chat / questions goes on there. I find the discussion boards daunting and following each weeks module through + upcoming assignments!

Sent from my GT-P3110 using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Ohh should see if I can find something like that!
    Yes I find the discussion pages very daunting

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have just finished my second last semester of my degree all of which has been completed online so far except or the first 6 units I did. I am really bad at procrastinating, probably the thing that I do that works best for me is bargain with myself. For example yesterday I was studying for my exam and wanted to get through 6 modules of review. I was really tempted to close it down and procrastinate for a while but I wouldn't let myself until I had finished reading a set amount, buy the time I get through the amount I've made myself do I I'm more motivated and interested and usually end up keep on going anyway.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Yeah think I need to really get into it it's actually an interesting unit it's just the getting there that I'm having trouble with

Thanks
    Reviews
    And the fact I haven't studied in 2 years I'm forgetting what to do