+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    My dd is almost 2 & a half and she is also a great communicator. She strings full sentences together and pronounces words clearly. But she also lately has started talking "baby babble". If its directed at me I just ask her to use her words because mummy cant understand her. I think it must be the age where they experiment, copy things they've seen. She is very into imaginative play and sometimes crawls on the ground after telling me she is a baby! At times I think its her way of having some cuddly attention too. I'll go along with her role playing then the next min she is a toddler again. Im sure they outgrow it.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    My three year old is doing it too - driving me batty because he has a great vocabulary! I have DS 2 due in 2 weeks so I think that is a big part of it.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to CakeyMumma For This Useful Post:

MsViking  (18-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by [Mod] Nomsie View Post
    Any younger siblings recently added to the family, or contact with babies?

It's mostly experimentation, she is making links between words, and how different sounds make them different words. But of course if she has been around babies recently, it could spur on the behaviour.

Just keep doing what you're doing, telling her you cannot understand her when she talks like a baby. And don't action her requests if she baby talks, because it will reinforce it as well!
    Interestingly not yet, but she's due to gain two new cousins in August so everything at the moment is "baby this baby that" :-)