+ Reply to Thread
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts

Default Help me break the boredom!

I'm bored and my babies are bored! I'm looking for ideas of things to do at home with 1 year olds. They aren't walking yet. What are your favourite simple ideas that bubs love? I have twins so the less clean up the better!! But any ideas would be great....

Sent from my GT-S7500T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    My 11 month old crawler needs lots of mental & physical stimulation to keep her amused. I take her to music & swimming classes, the playground for a swing plus a long daily walk, but those hours at home can stretch out & leave me struggling for ideas! Aside from all of the regular toys, here are a few things she likes:

* Playing with a stack of bowls & lids, egg cartons, plastic drink bottles, toilet rolls etc.
    * Sensory play with buttons, cellophane,feathers, pipe cleaners & ribbons.
    * Water in a bowl with floating bath toys.
    * Talking to herself with a mirror.

Hope that helps!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Blonde Assassin For This Useful Post:

NAT2561  (17-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    My DD is 9 months and soooo active! So needs to be entertained otherwise she gets the grumps on big time.

- We go for lots of walks, even just a half hour trip just so she can have a look around
    - we sit in the backyard and she just crawls around exploring around all the trees and plants
    - we have a plastics drawer in the kitchen, she loves it! she can spend ages just pulling all the plates and cups out and throwing them around the kitchen
    - lots of singing and playing music/dancing. Apparently it's hilarious watching Mum bust a move
    - picnics for morning tea/lunch/afternoon tea. Just sitting outside can drag out a meal a bit longer and seem really exciting. We do them in the backyard or the park down the road

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Anjalee For This Useful Post:

NAT2561  (17-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Shameless bump....I need ideas!

Sent from my GT-S7500T using The Bub Hub mobile app

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ending 5/6/2014
    We build block towers so he can knock them over, drive cars up the hallway for him to crawl after and chase, make faces in the mirror, we have at least 2 baths a day....

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app

8. The Following User Says Thank You to peanutmonkey For This Useful Post:

NAT2561  (17-06-2014)

harvs is offline Winner 2014 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 2/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/3/15Busiest Member of the Week200 Posts in a week
    My DS just loves playing with a balloon. I don't blow it up too much so it's not too taut.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to harvs For This Useful Post:

NAT2561  (17-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a weekBusiest Member of the Week - Most posts for the week ending 5/6/2014
    Quote Originally Posted by harvs View Post
    My DS just loves playing with a balloon. I don't blow it up too much so it's not too taut.
    Ohhh my littlest fella loves balloons too - except he thinks its hilarious to pop them. He lays on top of them until they pop and then cracks up laughing. Strange strange boy!

Sent from my GT-I9505 using The Bub Hub mobile app