+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I dropped DD1s day sleep at 2 because she became really hard to put into bed. Same as your 2yo. She would cry and play up for hours. So I dropped the day sleep and I pop her into bed and wall away and she's asleep in 5 minutes. You probably only need to drop every second day to wear him out. I miss the day sleeps but a good bed time is worth the sacrifice.

Unfortunately we've entered a bad cycle too and she's waking up at 3am and demanding my bed. Still trying to solve that one! I have a new doll I'm holding hostage till she stays all night in her own bed. I've also promised a trip to the shops. Not working yet!! I'm hoping it's like a PP said and they just don't one day.

Rest assured you're not a failure as a mum. I asked my sisters and friends for advice to stop the move to my bed but every single one of them had kids sneaking into their bed during the night.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    Bubhub Blogger
    I was just about to say the same as Wise Enough, perhaps your DD is trying to drop her nap. My DD is still having one nap but when she was dropping from 2 naps to 1 she would cry and scream and just resist every effort I made to put her to sleep, after I dropped the first one and gave her a chance to tire herself out she now goes down so much easier.

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have no advice, just sending lots of hugs your way! Hopefully things get better soon! X

harvs is offline Winner 2014 - Spirit of BubHub Award
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 9/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 2/4/15Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 19/3/15Busiest Member of the Week200 Posts in a week
    I don't know if this helps any, but boys get a surge of testosterone around this age. It might help your patience/coping to think of it like when you get PMS (if you're anything like me!) your hormones affect your behaviour but it's hard to control it. Now imagine that in a three year old who can't understand that?

I'm not saying it wouldn't be hard and frustrating for you, but when I look at things that way it can help me not to take that sort of thing so personally. I hope that all makes sense?

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I remember finding it really challenging when my kids were 2 and 3 yrs and feeling really guilty and like a failure for not being able to cope as well as I thought I should or be the patient perfect mother I thought they needed.

Try everything everyone has suggested and hopefully something works but at the end of the day... Give yourself a break. It's a tough gig at times. In my experience, they eventually grow and change anyway and sometimes it's just about lasting the distance until dd decides to sleep again or ds grows out of the pushing phase... Toddlers are challenging, 2 of them can gang up and run circles around you at times... My two regularly used to "break" me at that age... Give it time and try some of the things others have suggested and if all of it fails just wait it out.

This too shall pass x

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RipperRita For This Useful Post:

peanuthead  (17-06-2014),Wise Enough  (17-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    The testosterone surge would definitely explain his behaviour and I guess it makes it easier for me to understand what he might be going through. I'll just have to look into other ways for him to let it out.
    I don't think my 2 year old is ready to drop her day sleep just yet. For example, today she refused to go down for a nap, but was falling asleep sitting up at 3pm. I'll just have to try and get her out of her bad habits somehow.
    Thank you for all you're advice, I will be taking it all on board. Something has to work better than what we're doing now.