Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    Hi I am jontu and a lazy mum:
    Taught dd how to turn on TV to abc for kids and record her fave shows
    Get kids to play with each other bc I am just not keen
    Eat out a lot bc not organized with meals
    Have stopped fighting with dd over wearing pj's. After bath she just wears her going out clothes to bed which is usually a dress or skirt. At least I don't have to worry about dressing her in morning.
    Cereal and toast for breakfast most days
    Too lazy to take kids to park
    And yes, baby wipes for so many things!
    Last edited by Jontu; 16-06-2014 at 23:31.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Jontu For This Useful Post:

A-Squared  (17-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Hello, I'm Nomia and I am a lazy mum.

We try to sit down for a meal every night but usually fail miserably, I use my drying instead of the washing line, and on days at home my kids don't get out of their pyjamas.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Nomia For This Useful Post:

A-Squared  (17-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I'm a lazy mummy because I pay my 7yo niece $1 if she plays with my 2yo so I can sit and talk to her mum in peace.

6. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Wise Enough For This Useful Post:

A-Squared  (17-06-2014),GirlsRock  (17-06-2014),himherandhe  (29-06-2014),MoonMoon  (17-06-2014),PurpleButterfly4  (22-08-2014),Rutabaga  (17-06-2014),Smyles  (17-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 postsEmerald Star - 10,000 postsRuby Star - 15,000 postsDiamond Star - 20,000 posts
    I have a nana nap after work most days while kiddo watches tv or plays on his tablet watching you tube after school. Same with weekends, i sleep in if i can and he does whatever he wants. He is happy, mumma is happy so what is there to complain about?

Sent from my GT-I9506 using The Bub Hub mobile app

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Myztiks#1Fan For This Useful Post:

A-Squared  (17-06-2014),PurpleButterfly4  (22-08-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I am loodle and I am a lazy Mum. If DS2 wakes up a little bit before my alarm I will give him the iPad with a movie on so I can stay in bed longer. Most days when DS2 is napping I can be found either napping with him or laying on my bed reading fanfiction or watching tv instead of doing housework. I enjoy school holidays because I get to sleep in. There is probably more but that is all I can think of.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to loodle For This Useful Post:

A-Squared  (17-06-2014),snowqu33n  (17-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    During my DDs 2 daytime naps, instead of putting her in her cot and sneaking off to you know, make dinner or do the laundry, I let her nap on me after feeding to sleep while I catch up on celebrity gossip on my iPhone.

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Piyamj For This Useful Post:

A-Squared  (17-06-2014),monkey&&me  (17-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkandSandy View Post
    Hi, my names Sandy and yes I too am a lazy Mumma!

DS and DD know how to count to 10 in Spanish thanks to Dora, I call it their Spanish lessons to make myself feel better.

I hired an au pair to watch my children while I work but really it was mainly to do all the things I can't be bothered doing. Eg. Laundry, bathing children, brushing teeth, fighting to get them to eat breakfast and lunch,and do planned activities with them so I don't feel quilty not doing them.

Oh my, I sound like a terribly lazy Mumma!
    If there's one thing I aim for after uni is being able to afford an au pair for those exact reasons.

14. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hers&Hers For This Useful Post:

A-Squared  (17-06-2014),MarkandSandy  (17-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    My name is BbBbBh. I am another lazy mum!

-I too clean my surfaces, car, floors with wet wipes as well as the kids. I even use them to make it look like dd had her hair washed (ie a quick swipe across the fringe and a tidy tuck behind the ears).
    -I don't use my drier (i'm also extremely tight with money) but I will sling clothes on outdoor chairs instead of hanging them on the line.
    -I too will let dd sleep in her day clothes or go out with her peppa pig jamas on because I can not stand the fighting. I'm not going to win so I don't even try.
    -The same goes for teeth. DD (aged 2) won't let me brush her teeth and she will barely brush them. She will however let my neighbours dd brush them for her so a few times a week she will come over and I will pay her to do it. I know this phase won't last forever
    -The other day I let my ds wear his socks 2 days running because I couldn't be bothered hunting down some clean ones
    -I will shower with both kids because it's easier, I don't have to sit in the bathroom whilst they splash in a bath and neither child realises that I am washing their hair.
    -Sometimes I will buy ds's school lunch because I cannot be bothered to think what to make him and then make it.
    -I try to turn household chores into a game so I don't have to do them on my own.
    -I will take the kids to play in our local park late in the afternoon not so that they can have fun but more because I can take sausages and a lettuce and whip up a bbq dinner and it takes stuff all time and they think they've had veges. Also means the clean up for me is minimal. I do this every 2nd Wednesday.
    -I will sometimes pretend I have made a cake so that the kids think I've been baking. I have usually bought it from Coles and decorated it.

I actually don't think any of this is too bad-i'm a single mum so I plead my case that I should get to cut a few corners!

16. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BbBbBh For This Useful Post:

A-Squared  (17-06-2014),haveheart  (17-06-2014),SoThisIsLove  (10-03-2016)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week
    LOVING all the replies!

Keep them coming!

I can hear the judgment cogs ticking over in the non-lazy parents heads Someone may want to start a thread about that :P

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week
    Oh another for me I started the June tidy and declutter challenge on BH. Only did 2 activities, but stopped when they stopped putting the summary of daily challenges in the OP as I couldn't be arsed trawling through all the posts to find them. Plus who am I kidding, I wouldn't have done them anyway!