+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 26 FirstFirst ... 81617181920 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    I was watching telly and let the kids fall asleep on the couch.

TheGooch is offline Winner 2014 - Newbie of the Year
    Thanks
    Reviews
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    subbing. I have aspirations of being a lazy mum. I'm already a reluctant housewife so it shouldn't be too big of a leap!

Thanks
    Reviews
    I have a massive mountain of folding to do and it has to be done because we can no longer find some outfits so i have bribed DD who is 9 and DS who is 7 to do it for me for $5 each

Thanks
    Reviews
    Subbing

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hi I'm Falkor & I'm a lazy mum.

DS (10mo) is changed when he wakes, then put back in his cot with a bottle. 9/10 times he goes back to sleep & gets me an additional 2 hours sleep!

ABC2 gets the thumbs up from me, often used as a diversion when I need to get things done. It's on now!

I hate doing washing....and even more hate putting it away! DH creates most of it anyway, so he has taken charge of it. Sometimes it even gets sorted in a timely fashion. (For the record, I just had a big wardrobe cull & realised most of my clothes need to be chucked out so I can start again...everything stretched in pregnancy or no longer fits!).

On days I don't have to go anywhere, I often wait til DS has his midday nap to have a shower....shower in peace & for longer than 3 hurried minutes!

A quick dinner in this house is often a supermarket cooked chook, healthy choice oven fries & frozen vegies.

I use disposable nappies & prepackaged baby food (although DS does eat some grown up food now, but I only sometimes make mushy stuff from scratch).

I work 1-2 days per week, soon to be 3-4. DS will be in care twice a week & I'll be getting a cleaner in once a fortnight. There's only so many hours in a day. Hubby & I still keep up our sports/hobbies (albeit at a reduced capacity compared to pre baby) so short cuts are a way of life to maintain sanity, imo.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Falkor View Post
    Hi I'm Falkor & I'm a lazy mum.

A quick dinner in this house is often a supermarket cooked chook, healthy choice oven fries & frozen vegies.
    Ha, this is far more effort than our lazy dinner which is a roast chook from the supermarket, some rolls and if I'm in the mood a deli pasta salad (avoiding at the moment due to being pregnant).

Thanks
    Reviews
    DS1 who is 3 just vacuumed most of my car. I said come out to the car while mummy cleans it out. He played for a while I hauled all the crap out. When I started to vacuum he said he wanted to do it so I let him go. Did a pretty good job too, only had to go over a few bits.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to MummyBic For This Useful Post:

Bunny Lover  (27-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I just told my 3 year old she couldn't watch the movie on tv unless she went to my room and got my kindle because I couldn't be bothered moving my lazy bum off the lounge

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Cheese View Post
    Ha, this is far more effort than our lazy dinner which is a roast chook from the supermarket, some rolls and if I'm in the mood a deli pasta salad (avoiding at the moment due to being pregnant).
    That was our dinner every Friday night growing up . Mum could never be bothered to cook by the end of the week. I take a much different approach to parenting now I'm a mum. Mondays are chicken and rolls night

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Wise Enough For This Useful Post:

Little Miss Sunshine  (28-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    I need to join in! I read the OCD one, and I could have joined in there before baby no. 3 but I learnt to let go after him!
    Anyway, my latest lazy moments:
    We moved the kids rooms around and in the process need to move their clothes. Knowing this was going to happen I haven't put away any clothes, for three weeks, as there is no point when you're going to re-sort the drawers and cupboards...it's just less work if they're already nearly empty. To make it look like there was washing, I had different piles in various places through the house, it looked better than having a giant pile, and made it easier for the kids to find their clothes...'uniforms are on the bedroom floor pile kids!'
    My one from today...we don't have a dryer, so I always have to hang out the washing. It started raining this afternoon, and it's cold here so I didn't want to run out and get the washing because I knew it would still be wet anyway and I'd just have to re-hang it on a clothes airer and I really didn't want to do that (will be sunny again tomorrow). However, all of my winter pj sets are on the line, wet....so when I went and did a bit of food shopping I bought myself another pair of pj's. Problem solved

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Full House For This Useful Post:

CakeyMumma  (28-06-2014)