+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 26 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast
    Thanks
    Reviews
    I love this thread!!!

In the months leading up to dd2 I made DH come into the bedroom with my toothbrush and paste so I could clean my teeth in bed and he would have a glass of water ready etc, too lazy.
    Make the children play outside as much possible so the house doesn't need to be cleaned
    Never put clothes away too hard but hang stuff on the washing line on hangers so they dont need as much attention and kids can put their stuff away
    Kids wouldn't get out of bed this morning for school so I bribed them with a lolly and it worked same as getting dressed, could not deal with the grumpiness
    I love preschool days time for me and reading in bed!!

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week
    I've just been reading our 'competitor's' thread about OCD mummies.

Before I started this thread, hearing many of the responses in that thread, I would start getting down on myself, but not now that I know the lazy mummy : OCD mummy ratio is about 50:50 and I feel like I can embrace my lazy side (though part of me wants to be closer to the OCS side of the equation (I can see merit in it), its just not in my DNA.

3. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to A-Squared For This Useful Post:

Green Cheese  (20-06-2014),Little Miss Sunshine  (21-06-2014),LoveLivesHere  (20-06-2014),Purple Lily  (20-06-2014),snowqu33n  (20-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by Allie Pallie View Post
    I've just been reading our 'competitor's' thread about OCD mummies.

Before I started this thread, hearing many of the responses in that thread, I would start getting down on myself, but not now that I know the lazy mummy : OCD mummy ratio is about 50:50 and I feel like I can embrace my lazy side (though part of me wants to be closer to the OCS side of the equation (I can see merit in it), its just not in my DNA.
    Glad to hear you came over for a visit. I visit this thread often. I think it's great all the shortcuts you guys come up with! I say as long as we are happy and the kids are happy that's all that matters. At the end of the day we are all different and what's comfortable for some May not be for others. That's something I learnt as soon as I became a mummy. I
    Always thought everybody had to do parenting the same. I was very wrong and now I embrace every bodies differences!!! Glad you enjoyed our thread as much as I enjoyed this one!!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Dansci0 For This Useful Post:

A-Squared  (20-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 postsAmethyst Star - 5,000 posts
    Awards:
    Busiest Member of the Week - week ended 17/4/15100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by Dansci0 View Post
    Glad to hear you came over for a visit. I visit this thread often. I think it's great all the shortcuts you guys come up with! I say as long as we are happy and the kids are happy that's all that matters. At the end of the day we are all different and what's comfortable for some May not be for others. That's something I learnt as soon as I became a mummy. I
    Always thought everybody had to do parenting the same. I was very wrong and now I embrace every bodies differences!!! Glad you enjoyed our thread as much as I enjoyed this one!!
    Here here! I think both threads 'normalise' our ways of living. I think its great some people are really productive mummies and its also great that some of us do what we've got to do and no more, as long as everyone is happy doing things their way, that's what matters.

There is no right or wrong way. There are no should when it comes to parenting.

We all love our kids with all that we have and aren't neglectful or too full on, we do our best and that's all our kids could ask for!

Everyone needs to pat themselves on the back, no matter what we do to get by.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to A-Squared For This Useful Post:

btmacxxx  (24-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 posts
    Awards:
    100 Posts in a week
    Quote Originally Posted by mkj View Post
    i put DS towel on the bathroom floor then take him in the shower with me. after ive washed him i put him on the towel with a bath toy and enjoy my shower. he plays happily and when im done a dressed with all his wiggling he has dried himself.

I may be cheap too. atm his fave toy is an empty shampoo bottle
    i do this too! It's sheer brilliance.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Quote Originally Posted by mkj View Post
    i put DS towel on the bathroom floor then take him in the shower with me. after ive washed him i put him on the towel with a bath toy and enjoy my shower. he plays happily and when im done a dressed with all his wiggling he has dried himself.

I may be cheap too. atm his fave toy is an empty shampoo bottle
    When dd was able to start using a seat in the bath I would put it in the bottom of my shower and take her in with me then put her in the seat once she was all washed and finish my shower. Now I turn the shower on, chuck in some toys and let her play in the shower while I brush my hair and get ready to get in, but also often involves checking Facebook and bubhub too while she happily plays.

Thanks
    Reviews
    Got home from grocery shopping about 5 hours ago, the cold stuff has been put in the fridge and the odd thing in the pantry, the rest sits on the bench still in the bags.
    Once I read that you put cut up stockings on your fans then you don't have to dust them just change the stocking so I put some on and they stayed there for about a year until we moved out.
    DD3 sleeps on a mattress on the floor in the lounge for her day naps atm, if I put her in her cot she sleeps for ten minutes if I'm lucky, in the loungeroom she sleeps for hours.
    As others have said, washing is lucky to get folded and if it does it is really lucky to get put away, I also use the dryer way to much and I don't even own an ironing board.
    I have about three junk draws and a couple of pantry shelves with assorted crap on them. My linen closet is a bomb site!
    My car is also a bomb site most of the time.
    I always throw out plates that have had food sit on them for too long and go yuk.
    My bathroom is not cleaned nearly enough and even if it is the shower screen and floor and not done 99% of the time.
    I don't own a duster, wipes are the only thing I use if I happen to dust something off.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to TableDancer For This Useful Post:

Little Miss Sunshine  (21-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    So tonight I did my laziest act as a mum/ person possibly ever. DS got home from daycare and I told him to take his shoes off... Which he did. I later walked out and noticed there was sand all over the tiles that had come out of his shoes. I hate the feeling of sandy floors on my bare feet so I put slippers on. :-p

13. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to CakeyMumma For This Useful Post:

A-Squared  (24-06-2014),babylove81  (24-06-2014),Little Miss Sunshine  (24-06-2014),snowqu33n  (24-06-2014)

Thanks
    Reviews
    Achievements:Topaz Star - 500 postsAmber Star - 2,000 posts
    The girls had vegemite toast, penne pasta and apples and strawberries for dinner... BUT...

They ate it ALL!!!

So, lazy or clever?!! 😉

Thanks
    Reviews
    Hee. When I still lived at home my sister and I would sit in our rooms chatting on Facebook or calling each other's mobile because it was way too much effort to have an actual conversation in the same room.

Although it probably does take less time and effort to physically get up and say dinner's ready than to type it out!

Quote Originally Posted by crankyoldcow View Post
    I have been known to message my son on facebook to let him know it is dinner time instead of walking to his bedroom and letting him know.