So I don't know if this falls under 'lazy' or 'handy hint'
I was getting bad at cooking healthy dinner just because I felt so lazy when cooking time rolled around so dinner was always what could thrown together with minimal effort or take out. Now when I do the fortnightly shopping as well as separating the meat into food saver vac seal bags I now cut up all the veggies and blanch them then vac seal one nights worth and freeze them so now all I do is get a bag of veg out of the freezer when I get the meat out and put it in the fridge and just cut the bag open and cook at dinner time so no meal prepping at all for dinner and I can spend more time reading trashy celebrity gossip online
* my Christmas tree is still up (what's the point now.. It'll be Christmas again before I know it!)
* when I wash my face I use my (used) toner soaked cotton wool to wipe the bathroom mirror and sink
* my house gets vacuumed once a fortnight when the cleaner comes
* I get all my shopping home delivered
* sometimes I heat up ready meals and pretend I've cooked them from scratch
* I've been known to throw out really dirty oven trays rather than try and scrub them
* I have a kitchen roll on my baby changing mat so I don't need to wipe it every time, just roll out more and dispose of the used bit
I love this thread. 👍
I have a Mount Wash-iosko going at the moment. Bub does enjoy scrambling on it which can only be good for his gross motor development, right? Although I am starting to fear landslides, and he may need a Sherpa and an oxygen tank if he starts trying to climb any higher...
An annoying voice in my head says I should put it away, but who am I to deny my child the joy of a clothesy shower? Plus that annoying voice gets drowned out by the "rest when baby rests" voice...
Last edited by clbj; 19-06-2014 at 18:11.
Pregnant for the first-time?
Not sure where to start? We can help!
Our Insider Programs for pregnancy first-timers will lead you step-by-step through the 14 Pregnancy Must Dos!